Bucs Working on Passing Game

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Big Ben has some videos out there as well. I'm feeling like many are doing similar things. We just don't know about it.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope our Card guys are working out and staying in shape too. Just can't go to the team's facilities for now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This should be banned and not okayed by the NFL. Other teams in other states don't have this ability yet, and I'd love to know where however many participating players are getting helmets, especially if they're new players, like Tom.
people are allowed to hang out with each other in every state.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
people are allowed to hang out with each other in every state.

Yup.

I see not reason why you cannot practice football, especially just a passing skeleton.

1. Stay 6 feet away - Check
2. Wear Mask - Check
3. Wear Gloves - Check
4. Less than 10 people - check

Sounds OK to me.

If other teams cannot do it, I suggest they start talking to whomever is preventing it, and come up with solutions.

And there is nothing political about talking about solutions to the issues we have in front of us as a society.

"NEW normal" means new, so there is going to be some learning on how to move forward, and no one is perfect, so there will be bad decisions and good decisions made throughout.

The opinion that the NFL should shut this down is a respectable argument. My counter point would be that the NFL should address the situation and discuss it with the team.

Just dropping the hammer without discussion does nothing, and would be an extreme action. We need people working together, thinking together, and coming up with solutions.

This world, our country, etc., etc. cannot stay in this state of being forever, it cannot. It has been 2 months. Solutions to the issues we are having should be coming out and should already been out.

I am a little concerns that all I hear is extremes, black and white. Yet, very little about how we are going to move forward.

This is a chance for innovation to prosper, and solutions to come about from it.

There are times the NFL is a complete circus, but there are times they are able to put together some great systems and procedures.

There is no sports league in the world as competitive and full of parity as the NFL, and it was their system that got them there.

The NFL being a billion dollar industry? Yeah, they should have the resources to come up with some solutions.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Or just head to the south for the summer.

You see SOLUTIONS! Good idea.

Or north in some cases. The Eagles could go to Wayne County, PA. Their numbers are down in the safe zone and the country opened back up (mask and social distancing still recommended and required in some cases), but its open.

I was up there last week, small mountain based community where people keep to themselves even when things are normal.

The other thing is even if/when the NFL allows for more football stuffs to be OK, there may be players who are uncomfortable with going out. I think those players have every right to come back when they are ready and within good reason.

The thought that there will be competitive advantages this offseason is quite valid, but there is NO WAY this situation will go forward and all teams will handle it the same. They can't. I do not think the NFL can do much about it either.

Good stuff tho.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, give it a ****ing break. It has nothing to do with politics. If other teams can't participate, the Buccaneers shouldn't be allowed to. Simple as that, politics or not.
what state is blocking 5 people from throwing around a football in a field?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
what state is blocking 5 people from throwing around a football in a field?
Wide swaths of New York/NJ and California. Two regions responsible for six of the league's teams.

Not to mention, the article mentions Tom Brady and "about eight" of his teammates.

Edit: And to my original point, I want to know where the Bucs players are getting their equipment if facilities are only supposed to be open to rehabbing players and select personnel. There is nowhere in the timeline of the shutdown and free agency that Tom Brady should have been able to go in and get fitted for a helmet, and have it made for him.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wide swaths of New York/NJ and California. Two regions responsible for six of the league's teams.

Not to mention, the article mentions Tom Brady and "about eight" of his teammates.

Edit: And to my original point, I want to know where the Bucs players are getting their equipment if facilities are only supposed to be open to rehabbing players and select personnel. There is nowhere in the timeline of the shutdown and free agency that Tom Brady should have been able to go in and get fitted for a helmet, and have it made for him.
To be clear..... there is video of Josh Allen & Sam Darnold (together with their children playing together in front of them) throwing on a beach somewhere on the southern Atlantic coast from the past day or so.

Everyone should be doing it by now. That's my guess.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
To be clear..... there is video of Josh Allen & Sam Darnold (together with their children playing together in front of them) throwing on a beach somewhere on the southern Atlantic coast from the past day or so.

Everyone should be doing it by now. That's my guess.
Breaking rules is breaking rules. If the NFL changes their tune, fine. But don't let them in facilities and just overlook it. I don't know about the Allen and Darnold video, but it doesn't sound like they were in football gear and such.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I do not believe any of those states have made it illegal for 10 people or less to hang out together. On top of that, it is usually a recommended guideline, not a law. If there is an actual law that says you and 8 friends are not allowed to get together in person under any circumstance I would love to see it. I do not believe such orders exist.

Outside of that, Brady has been in the NFL for 20 years. I'm sure he already knows his head measurements and along with that, he's not getting hit in practice so even if it were the wrong size by a little bit, it wouldn't matter.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk courtesy of puckhead

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breaking rules is breaking rules. If the NFL changes their tune, fine. But don't let them in facilities and just overlook it. I don't know about the Allen and Darnold video, but it doesn't sound like they were in football gear and such.
You're assuming things and getting upset over assumptions. We know nothing about players going to facilities. Also, phase 1 openings do allow rehabbing players to visit the facility I believe.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk courtesy of puckhead

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It's not breaking any rules...These are not team organized activities. These are players taking it upon themselves. Things like this are what separates TB12 from the rest of the pack. He's about 1 thing...winning at all costs.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always felt that what goes on hidden from media scrutiny - between games, at OTA's, away from the field etc. - is a key, underreported key to winning and in need of more intense coverage.

Do any of us really have a clear picture of what the Cardinals do that's different (better) than how other clubs handle things?

Yet the off-the-field stuff is why some teams do better than others.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose