Overrated / Underrated

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you name any players on the roster you feel are overrated or underrated by Cardinals fans? (one of each). Just because it's dead in the world of football right now.

I would say Budda Baker is overrated. I didn't think he was pro bowl worthy at all. I think fans check the stats and vote for the guys leading the board. I like Budda just fine. He's a talented player and I'm glad we have him. But his ball skills are bad, and I want my free safeties to have ball skills.

Underrated is tough. I'd say Zane Gonzalez. I thought he had the best season of any kicker we have had for some time. Normally I'm biting my fingernails on every FG but not last year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overrated
Fitzgerald

Underrated
Justin Murray

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
overrated: Kenyan Drake although Im glad we resigned him

underrated: Jordan Hicks (and I know, people think highly of him but not highly enough)

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you name any players on the roster you feel are overrated or underrated by Cardinals fans? (one of each). Just because it's dead in the world of football right now.

I would say Budda Baker is overrated. I didn't think he was pro bowl worthy at all. I think fans check the stats and vote for the guys leading the board. I like Budda just fine. He's a talented player and I'm glad we have him. But his ball skills are bad, and I want my free safeties to have ball skills.

Underrated is tough. I'd say Zane Gonzalez. I thought he had the best season of any kicker we have had for some time. Normally I'm biting my fingernails on every FG but not last year.

I think your list is pretty good. Zane is definitely my underrated.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
A

agree Zane was good and I’m a Budda baker fan he had his best season but I’m not sure he’s at pro bowl level

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Humphries is severely underrated and I agree with Brit that Baker is overrated. I think what we need to take into account is how god awful bad Wilks was too, affecting how we view some players on the current roster. I have no hesitation in saying that Holcomb was the worst DC this franchise has ever had... and anyone feeling compelled to berate Fitzgerald or Peterson needs a powder break lol

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Underrated: Christian Kirk
(honorable mention: Dan Arnold, Jordan Hicks)

Overrated: Budda Baker
(honorable mention: DJ Humphries, Brett Hundley [based on this message board's evaluation of him])

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson