2009 NFC Wildcard Game: Packers at Cardinals

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the few positives of this mess we are living in right now is the streaming of old football games. Last night, I was able to catch a big chunk of this game being played on Sling TV. What a game that was!

Also found it on Youtube for those that have a couple of hours to kill:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201001100crd.htm

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One of the great games in NFL playoff history. But, why do I come away always remembering Rackers missing like a 35 yard kick at the end of regulation? And he missed it wide left by about 15 yards:eek:. I’m not sure if I ever cussed out a Cardinal player more than I did that moment. My youngest son was under 10 & I remember him giggling under his breath hearing words that he shouldn’t have.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone can watch any game from 2009 til last year on the NFL.Com app for Roku, FireTV, or Smart TV

I just watched this last week in all it's glory.

I just wish it went to 2008 so I could watch the NFC Championship game again. Being in the stands and at the lower level I am sure I missed stuff since I couldn't see with a lot of detail the south end zone

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We were there and I thought rackers blew the game.

No doubt. When the Packers won the coin toss, I left the room still cussing at Rackers by name. Our D hadn't stopped the Packers O in like 2 hours. And, let's not forget that Rodgers overthrew a wide open WR, on a play that should have ended the game.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There are three things that I remember about that game that stand out from what was essentially one of the craziest displays of offense on both sides of the ball I have ever seen in person. Those were: (1) Rackers, (2) Los walk off on the strip sack, and (3) maybe the most overlooked play - Rodgers missing a wide open WR (cant remember who) who was wide open deep and would have likely won the game if they connected.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
No doubt. When the Packers won the coin toss, I left the room still cussing at Rackers by name. Our D hadn't stopped the Packers O in like 2 hours. And, let's not forget that Rodgers overthrew a wide open WR, on a play that should have ended the game.

When we landed back in Madison wife and I were of course, all decked out in cards gear, and we were swarmed by people telling us about the face mask. I just said I was there and I didn't see a flag.

Reaction score
Everyone can watch any game from 2009 til last year on the NFL.Com app for Roku, FireTV, or Smart TV

I just watched this last week in all it's glory.

I just wish it went to 2008 so I could watch the NFC Championship game again. Being in the stands and at the lower level I am sure I missed stuff since I couldn't see with a lot of detail the south end zone

It's on Youtube. I assume you have one of a Roku, FireTv, or Smart Tv.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I probably didn't endear myself to the locals when I first moved here either. After I found out what Pecker fans are like I put that sticker in my avatar on my back car window and displayed it proudly for about 10 years. Wish I could find another one, cuz it would be all up on my truck right now.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
When we landed back in Madison wife and I were of course, all decked out in cards gear, and we were swarmed by people telling us about the face mask. I just said I was there and I didn't see a flag.
The rule was grabbing the face mask and twisting it, which LOS did not do. Correct no call.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ah, I remember the meant-nothing game the week before, where the Pack went all out to decimate us, even though it was already a lock we were playing them the next week. Rodgers kept doing that stupid championship belt celebration in a meaningless game. I did the same celebration and laughed at him when we won the REAL game lol

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
One of the great games in NFL playoff history. But, why do I come away always remembering Rackers missing like a 35 yard kick at the end of regulation? And he missed it wide left by about 15 yards:eek:. I’m not sure if I ever cussed out a Cardinal player more than I did that moment. My youngest son was under 10 & I remember him giggling under his breath hearing words that he shouldn’t have.
Crackers.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Ah, I remember the meant-nothing game the week before, where the Pack went all out to decimate us, even though it was already a lock we were playing them the next week. Rodgers kept doing that stupid championship belt celebration in a meaningless game. I did the same celebration and laughed at him when we won the REAL game lol

I think even mild mannered Kurt Warner was sick of it because he imitated it to the crowd behind the Cardinals bench after the game...that was funny to see.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Roaster in the Toaster!

I remember being EXHAUSTED at halftime of that game. Ridiculous!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

We either rested Warner altogether, or at least for the better part of the game. That game was yet another bit of evidence that Leinart was a bust.

DwMi

Reaction score
There are three things that I remember about that game that stand out from what was essentially one of the craziest displays of offense on both sides of the ball I have ever seen in person. Those were: (1) Rackers, (2) Los walk off on the strip sack, and (3) maybe the most overlooked play - Rodgers missing a wide open WR (cant remember who) who was wide open deep and would have likely won the game if they connected.

DwMi

Reaction score
You can also add the forgotten Fitzgerald fumble, Cardinals leading 17-0 and on the GB 25 yard line. Packers drive and score 17-7 and we all know what happens after that.
No fumble, Cardinals go ahead 20-0 or 24-0 game over, team isn't exhausted and maybe they are more competitive against New Orleans.
Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA