• Yes

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 74.6%

• Total voters

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we will see Fitz's strongest year statistically since 2015. What kind of numbers do you think he'll put up?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
We all expect the offense evolves with the addition of Hopkins and the progress of Kyler and Kingberry's offense.

Estimating an improvement from the #23 pass offense to top 5-8 number-wise means app. 850 extra passing yards output.

Hopkins will have 1150, so there are 300 less yards to be spread around to everyone else including Larry.

Byrd and Cooper gone means +600 yards.

KeeSean and Isabella will hopefully add more than the subtraction of Byrd and Cooper, so -700.

Then we are at -400 yards for Larry, Kirk and the runningbacks combined.

Larry's numbers will reduce to around 650 yard and 6 TDs.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kirk will be in the slot IMO. Nook and Fitz outside, Kirk in the slot and Isabella to stretch the field.
I think we will have two slot guys on most plays. And I still hold out the vague unfounded hope that Butler turns into our other outside guy.

4-Wide would be: Nuk, Fitz, Kirk, Butler
3-Wide would be: Nuk, Fitz, Kirk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopkins might help a little, but they are not going to be leaving Larry uncovered.

His whole issue is creating separation, and that is not going to get better when the defense is playing man on him.

For the good of the Cardinals we really should all hope that Kirk or Isabella, or even Butler somehow can become the number 2 over Larry.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With older players you never know whether they've still got it...or whether they don't.

Naturally, I hope Fitz can go on forever, but he could have 3+ more years in him...or none.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals had 554 pass attempts and 396 rushing attempts with one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The offensive snaps were limited by constant long drives. That is evidenced by opponents getting 47 more pass attempts and 43 more rush attempts.

When projecting the Cardinals, they play several soft defenses and have a very quick pace of play. Putting them at 600 pass attempts seems more than reasonable (6th in the NFL)

So an additional 46 targets are up for grabs along with the 79 vacated targets from Byrd and Cooper.

Kirk and Fitz had 109 and 108 targets respectively. It looks to me that Hopkins can easily get the same share without dipping into Fitz's targets.

So put me down for 100 targets. I will give him a 65% catch rate and about 11 yards a catch so 65 catches for 715 yards with plenty of room to get to 900 yards if the defense holds up it's share.

1000 yards seems really unlikely though

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love fitz and think he will have a solid yr but he just doesn't have speed to get 1k he will make some spectacular catches though!

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
This is a case where Fitzgerald's numbers going down will be a good thing offensively for the Cardinals. It's not a reflection on his performance, but would be an indication that one or more of the younger WRs have begun to emerge as consistent receivers. I'd like to see KM spread the ball around as much as possible. Larry can still be a solid contributor with his blocking and route running without putting up big numbers.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would like to know how many of the interceptions last year were throws to Larry Fitzgerald?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fitz is the Tom Brady of wide receivers. "Hasn't been good in ten years" Whatever the hell, dude. The guy can catch anything and overpower any defensive back. His game was never built on speed anyway. He's 230 pounds, not 180.

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fitz is the Tom Brady of wide receivers. "Hasn't been good in ten years" Whatever the hell, dude. The guy can catch anything and overpower any defensive back. His game was never built on speed anyway. He's 230 pounds, not 180.
fast forward to 3:37.... Fitz has slowed down but you're right, he still has that power. Runs overSeattle LB Wright at the 5 yard line and scored over top of him

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Fitz needs 172 receptions to pass Rice. I would love for him to get 100 catches this year.
But they have to throw it to him. He doesn’t have to be wide open to make the catch. Just put it out there and let him do his thing. He doesn’t have blazing speed but he can make you look good and move the chains.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson