OT: Ed Oliver is the next arrested NFL player

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's only hope that KK & our veteran leadership are babysitting our troops. It's sad how moronic some of these players are. Oh well.

Wilmot 1

Reaction score
The NFL teams should follow the lead of the baseball St. Louis Cardinals and make every player read the book "The Cardinal Way" created by Branch Rickey in the 1930s. It explains to the players how to act on the field and off the field.
This book is mandatory for every player as soon as they become a Cardinal ball player.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NFL teams should follow the lead of the baseball St. Louis Cardinals and make every player read the book "The Cardinal Way" created by Branch Rickey in the 1930s. It explains to the players how to act on the field and off the field.
This book is mandatory for every player as soon as they become a Cardinal ball player.

lmao

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Let's only hope that KK & our veteran leadership are babysitting our troops. It's sad how moronic some of these players are. Oh well.

this is why I said I would never draft anyone with any hint of a character issue this year. Never has discipline been more important. If a player had a bad tweet or got caught with weed in high school I wouldn’t add them to our team. And it looks like we drafted all character guys

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So just curious if this will result in discipline from the NFL, and if so what it will be? Is there policy in place when it comes to dishing out consequences or is it handled on a case by case basis (for example, taking into account if this player has been arrested before, etc)?

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
So just curious if this will result in discipline from the NFL, and if so what it will be? Is there policy in place when it comes to dishing out consequences or is it handled on a case by case basis (for example, taking into account if this player has been arrested before, etc)?

I not a fan of guilt being assumed based upon an arrest. I won’t speak for the man, but I am almost sure @Shane works at the airport for a reason.

sure, some things just seem obvious, but just because a cop (or cops) say one is, I prefer to let due process and our constitution work.

so “arrested before” is like water off a ducks ass for me.

let the courts do their job, and let LE DO theirs.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Dodged a bullet on this one, wan't he in contention for the #1 pick last year?
Very Early within the season. Not realisticly in contention at draft time.

But could be a hard hit for the Bills. If Oliver gets suspended they will miss him AND we just signed the guy in front of him last year.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Naturally, we are glad it's not a Cardinals player, but it's just the luck of the draw. JMO.
I was a big fan of Oliver going into the draft and cited him as an option often because I though he could be a great player (and he was catching on for the Bills and the football part I got right) but the scouting staff of me/myself/and I knew nothing about his character off the field... in retrospective, it's just amazing how a QB can change a franchise's total outlook, and I will be rooting hard for Squeak as I did for Plummer that we got this right :raccoon:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How does one "unlawfully carry a weapon" in Texas? Thought that was a birthright.

:):devil:
Either he was brandishing or maybe they don't allow you to carry a gun while intoxicated? But you are correct, guns and football are what TX does.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WtF the video on ESPN shows him taking the sobriety test barefoot? So he was driving barefoot with an open beer between his legs and a pistol in the car.

I loved the guy in college, still think he is going to be very good but that sure seems like a huge red flag.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson