OT: James Harrison and Bountygate II

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Harrison told a story about how Mike Tomlin handed him an "envelope" after his NFL levied $ 75K fine for his brutal hit on Bengals WR Mohammed Massequoi.

Harrison made the comments during a recent appearance on the "Going Deep" podcast with Willie Colon, Harrison's former teammate in Pittsburgh. Harrison said that, shortly after being fined by the league for his hit on Massaquoi, Tomlin provided him with some assistance.

"I'm not going to say what, but he handed me an envelope after that," Harrison said.

Now the Steelers, including owner Art Rooney, the agent and Harrison are attempting to walk this back. Calling Roger Goodell.

BTW, Sean Peyton is pissed allready.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...lin-never-paid-me-for-trying-to-hurt-someone/

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He's a thug. Haven't forgotten what he did to Aaron Francisco during the super bowl.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I still can’t believe they let that prick score a TD in the Super Bowl. Thanks a lot, Antron and non-hustling Boldin.
I still can't believe it either but I remember thinking before the pass that EJ could've scored on the ground. Not much time left though before the half & no TO best I can remember? I guess the thinking was "pass incomplete, we can at least get a FG"?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still can't believe it either but I remember thinking before the pass that EJ could've scored on the ground. Not much time left though before the half & no TO best I can remember? I guess the thinking was "pass incomplete, we can at least get a FG"?

It was a passing play we'd used several times in the pay dirt area during that season. What wasn't anticipated was Harrison dropping back into coverage rather than pressuring our QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still can’t believe they let that prick score a TD in the Super Bowl. Thanks a lot, Antron and non-hustling Boldin.

True! And let's not forget to congratulate the refs on that play for missing like 3 blocks in the back on the return. Instead of going in the half with a 3 point lead, we were down 10. Just brutal!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was a passing play we'd used several times in the pay dirt area during that season. What wasn't anticipated was Harrison dropping back into coverage rather than pressuring our QB.

Exactly. I liked the call. Boldin was normally unstoppable on those quick slants. If Harrison hadn't dropped back, that would have been a TD. And maybe we win that SB.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
True! And let's not forget to congratulate the refs on that play for missing like 3 blocks in the back on the return. Instead of going in the half with a 3 point lead, we were down 10. Just brutal!
Refs were mostly fans on the play. But, for some reason called a personal fouls on—I believe—Reggie Wells.

so many weird lucky occurrences on that play. If Fitz’s legs would gone behind him or side ways, Harrison is down at the 1/2 yard line.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I liked the call. Boldin was normally unstoppable on those quick slants. If Harrison hadn't dropped back, that would have been a TD. And maybe we win that SB.

I forget the specifics but apparently Boldin lined up incorrectly. We'd run the play before and as a result they changed the formation so that it wouldn't be figured out, but Anquan lined up wrong, Kurt was afraid he didn't have time to move him so he just ran the play. Harrison saw where Boldin was, read the play and dropped right there.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Refs were mostly fans on the play. But, for some reason called a personal fouls on—I believe—Reggie Wells.

so many weird lucky occurrences on that play. If Fitz’s legs would gone behind him or side ways, Harrison is down at the 1/2 yard line.

We were sitting so close right on the goal line that my son told me he was on Larry's foot or he would have been down short. I thought he was down before going to replay, but the boy was right.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Antrell Rolle walked onto the field and literally blocked for the Steelers on that touchdown return. So many things to blame for that Super Bowl loss. But Aaron Francisco’s incompetence was at the top of the list.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Antrell Rolle walked onto the field and literally blocked for the Steelers on that touchdown return. So many things to blame for that Super Bowl loss. But Aaron Francisco’s incompetence was at the top of the list.

I just watched the replay, Fitz DID run into Rolle, but Rolle was out of bounds, it was on the white so yeah he was probably too close but Fitz ran into him out of bounds not on the field.