To what degree have you ever hated our Cards?

To what degree has your support ever waivered, even to the point of hated, towards our Cardinals?

• 0 - complete disgust, totally giving up on them

Votes: 3 5.9%

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 4 7.8%

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 10 - total unwavering support

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Steve Wilks. Hands down, worst sesson ever.

In respect to the quality of football and my personal enjoyment of the product.

Not even close, I am still recovering in some ways from that

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

god he was just so scared to do anything. 3rd and 7 run right up the middle 2nd and 18 run right up the middle.

I’ve never seen anything like it

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Way back when I was a kid and lived in St. Louis and they were the St. Louis Cardinals football team with John David Crow and Sonny Randle... Obviously, some games are more exciting when they are still meaningful with the possibility of the playoffs. But I always want to see how the team is playing. So I find even a bad performance by the Cards interesting to watch. Am I disappointed sometimes and wish they had played better.....absolutely, but all NFL fans go through that at some time. And I can be very critical, but that is part of the fun of being a fan.
But I wouldn't want to watch any other team more than the Cards.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Was that the game Seth Joyner got ejected??
That was the game Darnell Dockett took himself out of the game because he was not going to let the Jets score on purpose like the coaches told him to.

Also was the game I lost all respect for Ken Whisenhunt.

Refused to replace Ryan Lindley with John Skelton, and Lindley was HORRIBLE that game, even for him.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm still amazed people that went through the 90s and early 2000s (at least I'm assuming from some registration dates) are so unhappy about the Wilks year compared to some of those in the past.

The SDS years were just so hopeless.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I'm still amazed people that went through the 90s and early 2000s (at least I'm assuming from some registration dates) are so unhappy about the Wilks year compared to some of those in the past.

Back in those early days in Sun Devil St, I sat in first row of upper deck centered between the goal posts. I can admit that I went to the games to mock them and to see first hand what Stupid idiotic things they would do to top the previous game. I guess I would call it a perverse love. If and when they ever had a chance to win in the final seconds, I rooted for them to win, while I anticipated a total mental meltdown by one or more of our players.

I wish I wasn't so old now and could remember and list all of the impossible ways they came up with each week to lose back then. What a 2 hour follies show it would make. You could not come up with some of those blunders if you tried to think of them ahead of time.

My all time favorite was, (and I will let one of you to fill in the names and details), the last play of game, the ball was on the ground with a Cards player standing right above it next the back end zone stripe. All he had to do was punch, push, or boot the ball over/across the line for Cards to win. For some mythical reason he decided to try and pick it up I suppose to run with it somewhere. The rest led to a foregone typical Cards conclusion.

lester

Rookie
Reaction score
Could never hate a team with a Cardinal on the helmet. I've hated our FO & ownership at times. I've hated our HC's at times. I've even rooted for us to lose a few meaningless games in order to draft a legit QBOF (Manning brothers & K1). But, I'll go to my grave as a Cardinal fan. I was not happy when the Cardinals moved to AZ. Had they decided to take on a new uniform/nickname, I would have dropped them like a bad habit. As a 6 year old way back in 1964, I fell in love with the Cardinal name, colors & uniform.
....i hear you.....the Cars white uniforms with big red card on the jerseys are still the best uniforms EVER

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score

I found the Wilks year so hard because I thought the bar had been raised by our best seasons from 08 onwards. First time I stopped watching games.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The 2018 & 2003 teams were very difficult to even watch. In the SDS days, we were mostly playing 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5 games on the road to start EVERY season. That was a brutal disadvantage. For that reason, I give the nod to the 2018 mess as the "worst" team in Cardinal history. Bad across the board in every aspect of the game. It can't be underestimated how bad a team is when they play a division foe (Rams) and you don't cross midfield until late in the 4th quarter. Both the 2003 & 2018 teams really should have gone 0-16.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The 2018 & 2003 teams were very difficult to even watch. In the SDS days, we were mostly playing 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5 games on the road to start EVERY season. That was a brutal disadvantage. For that reason, I give the nod to the 2018 mess as the "worst" team in Cardinal history. Bad across the board in every aspect of the game. It can't be underestimated how bad a team is when they play a division foe (Rams) and you don't cross midfield until late in the 4th quarter. Both the 2003 & 2018 teams really should have gone 0-16.
I still think the 2018 team had way more talent than anything from 2003, or heck, anything SDS outside of 1998.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still think the 2018 team had way more talent than anything from 2003, or heck, anything SDS outside of 1998.

I would probably agree with you on that matter. But we're splitting hairs, because both of these teams were downright atrocious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose