5th year option declined for Reddick

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
https://arizonasports.com/story/229...ick-up-contract-option-for-lb-haason-reddick/

Lattimore, Watson, Reddick and the Cards get Reddick hahahahahhaha

Keim sucks at the draft and rocks at trading,

Another Cards Bust.

I don't know man, the draft is a crapshoot, and hey we got Budda Baker in the 2nd that year. Look at that 2017 draft again. It's clear we expected Mahomes or Watson to drop to us and we were going to draft one of them. The Cards were even linked to Mahomes pre-draft. Half the 2017 top 10 had their 5th round option declined (source) including Trubisky, and if you really look at that round that year, it was pretty bad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NFL_Draft

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
People -- stop blaming Bruce Arians for Keim's bad draft picks. He's not the decision-maker for draft picks. Keim is. And if you still think Arians is the one to blame, then you are also indicating that Keim isnt even in charge of his own front office, which is an institutional problem.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
People -- stop blaming Bruce Arians for Keim's bad draft picks. He's not the decision-maker for draft picks. Keim is. And if you still think Arians is the one to blame, then you are also indicating that Keim isnt even in charge of his own front office, which is an institutional problem.

Yeah ok!!! And Bruce “I did it my way” Arians had zero to do with all of the nepotistic draft selections (ie: VaTech) and small school SWAGs??? Not to mention a staff / roster constructed of aging vets and cronies.

Sorry, but your delusional. There’s a reason why Ego Arians is no longer in AZ. He got too big for his britches and there was a mutual parting of ways. And that’s precisely why our recent drafts have been based more off talent from big, successful programs and analytics than projects from Temple and Grambling State.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I think that this is, perhaps, the most horrendous pick of the past 15 years. A walk-on tweener from Temple who shot up the draft board like a meteor because of hype. I was displeased with picks over the years but never saw a guy with such little chance of success.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
50% of 2017's top ten have had their 5th year option declined. Thats a crazy number. Sounds like a lot of GMs poo'ed the bed that year.

no that’s actually about where it is every year. Only 50% of first round picks even make it to there second contract

people think the draft is just so easy lol

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

that would be awesome if those guys didn’t go ahead of us.

that’s such a weak argument.

They moved up, right in front because it was obvious the Cards wanted a QB, teams moved up
and outworked Keim the Cards were left with the Bradford Rosen Disaster and Reddick!

The team sucked so hard the Cards wound up with the #1 overall pick

The Cards let the Cheifs grab Mahommes NFL MVP Superbowl Winner and let Texans grab Watson.

While the Cards ended up with Reddick, Rosen and Bradford and the worst record in Football.

Better check your knowledge, it was a horrible move. Cards were bailed out by luck getting Murray.

PS my argument just smoked yours!

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah ok!!! And Bruce “I did it my way” Arians had zero to do with all of the nepotistic draft selections (ie: VaTech) and small school SWAGs??? Not to mention a staff / roster constructed of aging vets and cronies.

Sorry, but your delusional. There’s a reason why Ego Arians is no longer in AZ. He got too big for his britches and there was a mutual parting of ways. And that’s precisely why our recent drafts have been based more off talent from big, successful programs and analytics than projects from Temple and Grambling State.

The 2018 draft included one player from Fordham and another from Cincinnati.

The 2019 draft included one player from UMass and another from Temple.

Terell Suggs was signed to a 1 year $7mil contract in 2019.

Arians left the team in 2017.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They moved up, right in front because it was obvious the Cards wanted a QB, teams moved up
and outworked Keim the Cards were left with the Bradford Rosen Disaster and Reddick!

The team sucked so hard the Cards wound up with the #1 overall pick

The Cards let the Cheifs grab Mahommes NFL MVP Superbowl Winner and let Texans grab Watson.

While the Cards ended up with Reddick, Rosen and Bradford and the worst record in Football.

Better check your knowledge, it was a horrible move. Cards were bailed out by luck getting Murray.

PS my argument just smoked yours!

no it doesn’t because your whole argument is based on what if’s and speculation that’s the worst kind of argument.

it takes two to make a trade and you don’t know we didn’t try and trade up. Like I said it’s all speculation that’s running circles in your mind.

Well uh uh uh.

Bitching that we didn’t draft guys who went ahead of us is just absurd. Lol how far you wanna take it. We didn’t draft Peyton Manning either guess they just outworked us there to huh.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said it before, but just off initial reaction, there wasn’t a pick I despised since 2018.

There was a pick or even two I despised from 2013-2017.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
no it doesn’t because your whole argument is based on what if’s and speculation that’s the worst kind of argument.

it takes two to make a trade and you don’t know we didn’t try and trade up. Like I said it’s all speculation that’s running circles in your mind.

Well uh uh uh.

Bitching that we didn’t draft guys who went ahead of us is just absurd. Lol how far you wanna take it. We didn’t draft Peyton Manning either guess they just outworked us there to huh.

He had the shot to get the MVP when he had a chance hahahahhaha This is a GMs job just take your L and put me on ignore

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

BIM you're

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no that’s actually about where it is every year. Only 50% of first round picks even make it to there second contract

people think the draft is just so easy lol

Of the entire round, I wouldn't be surprised. Of the top 10? Thats wild to me. It may be average, but nonetheless, still surprising to me if it is.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know man, the draft is a crapshoot, and hey we got Budda Baker in the 2nd that year. Look at that 2017 draft again. It's clear we expected Mahomes or Watson to drop to us and we were going to draft one of them. The Cards were even linked to Mahomes pre-draft. Half the 2017 top 10 had their 5th round option declined (source) including Trubisky, and if you really look at that round that year, it was pretty bad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NFL_Draft

Don't remind me, I'm still pissed they didn't move up for Mahomes, and Watson was my second choice which wouldn't have been too bad either.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that this is, perhaps, the most horrendous pick of the past 15 years. A walk-on tweener from Temple who shot up the draft board like a meteor because of hype. I was displeased with picks over the years but never saw a guy with such little chance of success.

No, it's not even the worst pick of the last 5 years.

Nkimdiche was far worse in terms of what we got from him. Jonathan Cooper was much worse too, and we drafted him a lot higher.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
No, it's not even the worst pick of the last 5 years.

Nkimdiche was far worse in terms of what we got from him. Jonathan Cooper was much worse too, and we drafted him a lot higher.

I think Reddick was worse, only because there were plenty of players taken 14 - 32 that were ranked higher pre-draft, and, have turned out better

it would have been one thing if Reddick was a consensus top 15 guy all year that just didn't work out -- that happens. But he was a late riser (which usually means only a team or two had him ranked high and word leaked out to people who follow the draft) who even then went higher than anticipated.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, does this ever assume facts that are not in evidence.

Reddick is everything a Keim pick.

Keim was like a son to BA. BA getting the Cardinal job was largely influenced by his PA relationship to Keim. You're entitled to believe what you want, but BA had a TON of influence on our draft picks. I never said that Keim was blameless. Exactly why it was better for Keim that BA left.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson