5th year option declined for Reddick

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Though it doesn’t really matter much at this point, I think Reddick will finally find his niche this year as a situational pass rusher and get 7+ sacks on his way to a decent contract elsewhere and a possible comp pick for us.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Though it doesn’t really matter much at this point, I think Reddick will finally find his niche this year as a situational pass rusher and get 7+ sacks on his way to a decent contract elsewhere and a possible comp pick for us.
Where has this Reddick been?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I'm sad for the player as I'm sure he views his playing career as a disappointment. I'm also sad for the organization that we bust on another 1st round pick. I'm glad this is a sign that we're moving on.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Obviously, we were never picking up the option. Doesn’t mean he’s definitely not coming back. He has a good year this year like 30% of the time, and we bring him back

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I'm sad for the player as I'm sure he views his playing career as a disappointment. I'm also sad for the organization that we bust on another 1st round pick. I'm glad this is a sign that we're moving on.

I feel bad for him too. He didn’t ask to get drafted so high. it’s hard to blame him for someone rating him higher than he should’ve been

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Watch him have a Calvin Pace season and leave for a lucrative contract next season.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
"WalterFootball.com knows multiple teams that gave Reddick a grade range of between low in Round 3 and high in Round 4"...

SK messed up, TJ Watt could have been ours instead...moving on

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch him have a Calvin Pace season and leave for a lucrative contract next season.
Which would mean the Cards actually got something of value out of him

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 years of paychecks and counting.

Haason Reddick signed a 4 year, $13,477,966 contract with the Arizona Cardinals, including a $7,942,157 signing bonus, $13,477,966 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,369,492. In 2020, Reddick will earn a base salary of $2,302,904, while carrying a cap hit of $4,288,444 and a dead cap value of $1,985,540.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No guarantees when it comes to the draft. Not to diminish Keim's role here, but I'll always believe that BA had too much say in this pick. Cardinals floored that Texans jumped up & grabbed Watson right before them & Keim couldn't manufacture a trade down while BA was talking in his ear to just take Reddick. "Temple tough":cool: Something tells me that Reddick will have a decent year. We'll see.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have seen this all too often with kiem.

At least spell our GM's name correctly. He's been around long enough to deserve that;) Keim generally likes to stay put & follow his board. Cardinals were surprised by the Texans & Keim let BA talk him out of following his board. Having met these guys, and knowing their relationship, I truly believe this to be the case. In many ways, it was beneficial for Keim that BA left. I don't believe BA ever intended to retire, and how it ended saved face for all parties.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
4 years of paychecks and counting.

Haason Reddick signed a 4 year, $13,477,966 contract with the Arizona Cardinals, including a $7,942,157 signing bonus, $13,477,966 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,369,492. In 2020, Reddick will earn a base salary of $2,302,904, while carrying a cap hit of $4,288,444 and a dead cap value of $1,985,540.
Must be nice to be a bust sometimes:)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If he does it will be on another team.

I really don't think he will be on the Cards, and if he is I seriously doubt he gets more than a few snaps a game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"WalterFootball.com knows multiple teams that gave Reddick a grade range of between low in Round 3 and high in Round 4"...

SK messed up, TJ Watt could have been ours instead...moving on

And 15 other teams that picked after us before he got selected.

Reddick was a bad pick, but that was not a good draft in general.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Obviously, we were never picking up the option. Doesn’t mean he’s definitely not coming back. He has a good year this year like 30% of the time, and we bring him back

Guys who can only rise to the occasion during contract years, are guys I would NEVER re-sign.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
At least spell our GM's name correctly. He's been around long enough to deserve that;) Keim generally likes to stay put & follow his board. Cardinals were surprised by the Texans & Keim let BA talk him out of following his board. Having met these guys, and knowing their relationship, I truly believe this to be the case. In many ways, it was beneficial for Keim that BA left. I don't believe BA ever intended to retire, and how it ended saved face for all parties.

Man, does this ever assume facts that are not in evidence.

Reddick is everything a Keim pick.