NFL set to release full 17 week schedule

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wonder how they will handle international games. International travel not allowed. Really can't see Cards playing in Mexico. However, Cards season ticket holders only paid for 9 home games this year. (2 preseason) This will be interesting.

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Wonder how they will handle international games. International travel not allowed. Really can't see Cards playing in Mexico. However, Cards season ticket holders only paid for 9 home games this year. (2 preseason) This will be interesting.
Didn't think about that, I guess if they can't travel then the home team plays on thier field

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just daydreaming:

I was thinking that the team could award tickets to season ticket holders, with 25% (one of every 4) of the seats situated on a social-spacing basis.

Season seat holders who didn't like the arrangement would have the right to give up their seats without losing long-term rights to seats in the future.

25% is better than none, teams could retain 25% of their gross and there would be at least 25% of the crowd noise.

On a more radical and futuristic note - there must be a way to utilize Skype, Zoom etc. to transmit crowd reactions from home computers to a centralized "crowd noise collector."

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So does this mean nfl is pretty much good to go in September?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
great to hear they plan on starting on time. I've already scrapped the Mexico City trip... such a bummer but international travel is an obvious no go right now

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Big win for us not having to punt a home game.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the schedule will come out with us still playing a home game in Mexico City. But the question is will it really happen. Too many unknown for sure.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·

NFL plans to release its preseason and regular-season schedule later this week, but one league source said Sunday that he doesn’t “think any international games (are) coming this year.”

Makes sense for me, another home game for the Cards instead of playing in Mexico City!!!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

scott bordow
@sbordow

·
1m

Part of NFL statement: “We believe the decision to play all our games domestically this season is the right one for our players, our clubs, and all our fans in the US, Mexico and UK,” said NFL Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy & Growth Officer Christopher Halpin.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
so now the question is if NFL already has their international games scheduled a few years out....

If they dont: likely just push this years schedule to next year and the Cards give up a home game

If they do: international schedule skips this year and proceeds to their already scheduled future plans... would be a big win for the Cards to include this in superbowl package and then not have to actually pay up on it!

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The nice thing is that with the new 17 game schedule slated to start in 2021, the international games may be the 17th game played on neutral field anyways. We may not end up losing a home game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave