OT: The Red Rifle was just released

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It still shocks me that the Bears took Foles over Dalton. Especially with the Foles price tag.

Dalton to Jax makes sense, or even as a backup in Houston, Dallas, KC or Tennessee.[/QUOTE]

Agree, he can do well as a backup especially with all his starter experience on winning teams.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think landing in Pittsburgh would be a logical choice as a backup to Ben. Duck Hodges and Mason Rudolph are the 2nd/3rd

New England?

No money.

You would think NE would kick the tires on Daulton, but you never know. The Pats do it their way. Daulton isn't horrible, and may flourish with the right team. I can't imagine he's not a better choice that what they currently have on their roster.

There are suspicions that NE is quite happy with Stidham. He is one of those players who stayed too long in college. That Auburn o line flat ass stunk in 2018 his senior year.

The Red Rifle... One of the dumbest nicknames since Booger.

At least I've never heard him refer to himself as the Red Rifle.

I wonder if McFarland's nickname was "Bedwetter" if he would still use it Professionally?

J.J. Watt made fun of Andy Dalton’s nickname and created the most pointless NFL beef ever
Watt said the Texans wanted to “make the Red Rifle look like a Red Ryder BB gun,” and everyone but Dalton simply groaned. https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/7...ton-red-rifle-ryder-bb-gun-nickname-dumb-beef

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is your Daulton mispelling on purpose, like your Stealers mispelling?

LOL! Being a huge baseball fan, one of my favorite players was Darren Daulton. Even though I'm a Cardinal fan in baseball too, I was introduced to Daulton by a business associate back in the early 90's. Sad that brain cancer killed him a few years back. So, the misspelling is on me!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL! Being a huge baseball fan, one of my favorite players was Darren Daulton. Even though I'm a Cardinal fan in baseball too, I was introduced to Daulton by a business associate back in the early 90's. Sad that brain cancer killed him a few years back. So, the misspelling is on me!
"Dutch" like you I'm a fan of another team (Dodgers, lifelong) but I liked those Phillies teams with Dutch & Dykstra.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That's cool. I liked Darren, too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Dutch" like you I'm a fan of another team (Dodgers, lifelong) but I liked those Phillies teams with Dutch & Dykstra.

Yes, those Philly teams were fun to watch. Having met Dutch only once, it was still pretty obvious that Dutch & Dykstra played quite a few games in their careers with a hangover. I was living in Maryland back then, but I was in Philly for meetings. The morning after meeting Dutch was a miserable one for me. Friends told me all day that I reeked of hard liquor. It was literally coming out of my pores.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dodgers, Cardinals, and Yankees are 3 franchises that should never, ever, ever change their uniforms. For me, only the Chicago Blackhawks have a more identifying jersey.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That BB gun arm will shoot your season and eyes out, nah but Dalton really does not fit how Kingsbury seems to envision this offense. All our current QBs can run if need be. Cam would be the perfect backup if we did not have Hundley (and I still think those allegations will amount to nothing much) but he has had some injuries and above all would want to start

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daulton was one of my all time favorites as well. RIP.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dodgers, Cardinals, and Yankees are 3 franchises that should never, ever, ever change their uniforms. For me, only the Chicago Blackhawks have a more identifying jersey.
Yes sir. I long for the day the Dodgers put the white piping back around the blue on their road/gray uniforms. Have no idea why they changed it? The white piping was around the blue on the white/home uniforms also from 1977-1998 but it was harder to see because of the white uniforms. Their website put up a poll the other day asking fans if they should bring it back? 50% said yes. Yankees & Cardinals are never gonna change other than throwbacks occasionally or batting practice jerseys.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
In most years we Cardinal fans would be debating over Winston, Newton and Dalton and who we should be bringing in. Now that we have our QB we can focus on debating stuff like what position our first round pick should play or how good/bad our WR room is...much better!

And it feels so damn good..

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
There's no question Dalton will be on some NFL team. He's got too much experience and at 32, still should have some productive years ahead. And while no team wanted to trade for him, teams can now try to get him cheap, and I expect at some point he will take one of those offers. I see Jacksonville, New England, and Pittsburgh as possible landing spots. However much New England loves Stidham, Dalton is an upgrade over Brian Hoyer, who has never performed as consistently over the long term as Dalton. And now New England can probably get him in under their salary cap and not have to give up a draft choice. It's reported they didn't pursue Dalton in a trade, but now is a different story. Dalton may resurrect his career as a Ryan Fitzpatrick clone....hot for awhile, but never any team's long-term answer. The

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It still shocks me that the Bears took Foles over Dalton. Especially with the Foles price tag.

Dalton to Jax makes sense, or even as a backup in Houston, Dallas, KC or Tennessee.
Yup!

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:cool::cool:
I was mad at Ozzie for the longest time after hitting that HR off my Dodgers in the NL pennant in 85 lol. Hell of a player though.

Especially since he had only hit like 3 left handed HR’s in his career up to that point. That Dodger closer was very kind to the Cardinals over the years:cool: