Fifth-year option tracker for 2017 first-round picks

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't see how they exercise 5th year for Trubisky. It will cost 24m.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Arizona has to be shopping Reddick if it hasn’t already declined his fifth-year option. Only reason I can think of not being declined at this point. He’s not getting it

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Mitchell Trubinsky - declined
Jarrad Davis - declined
Charles Harris - traded to Falcons for 7th rd pick
Taco Charlton - released - signed one year deal with KC
H. Reddick - declined.

Last edited:

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder how we would have reacted had the cards picked TJ Watt, or even traded down a bit for him. If they redrafted that year he’d probably go top 10 for sure.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how we would have reacted had the cards picked TJ Watt, or even traded down a bit for him. If they redrafted that year he’d probably go top 10 for sure.

the board would of gone ape sh@t at the time a massive reach. Now que up the I knew all the time he was going to be a stud crowd.

Malik Hooker and OJ Howard were the two guys I wanted and both have been bust. A lot of that first round looks bad

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Interesting thread by the way TCF. Never gave it much thought but it is a good barometer of how teams drafted and not as subjective as the stats and systems argument.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didn't think a whole lot of Watt. Thought he was good but mostly trading on his brother's name.

The immediate draft grades are always a joke. It's a great day and every team gets better, but there are a whole lot of A's handed out for a whole lot of cuts later on. It's so hard to predict the future. Maybe half the first round makes it, and it gets worse after that.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
make or break year for him. Hope he plays well.

Um.... I think it’s already broken. He’ll be playing elsewhere next year if he’s not traded before then. Haason will get his 3-4 sacks and move out the door without a peep. Dumb draft pick!

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Um.... I think it’s already broken. He’ll be playing elsewhere next year if he’s not traded before then. Haason will get his 3-4 sacks and move out the door without a peep. Dumb draft pick!
I completely agree. I hate this draft pick. eight sacks playing for Temple against low level competition....

but, it would be great if he had a good year for the team.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's amazing how difficult it is to assess future success in the NFL.. you would think experts who watch them would have a better feel for the players. I think that most of the time a couple live NFL games gives you a strong feeling if someone will work out or not.... All that research and seeing these guys play for a handful of minutes tell you if you are right or wrong a lot of the time..its crazy..