Cam Newton Anyone?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Cody Benjamin of CBS is speculating the Cards would/should sign him. That type of move would indicate the Cards are serious about contending now.
No. A back up quarterback needs to be someone who understands they are the back up and will support the starter. Cam doesn’t strike me as that person

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Pass. Hes like Dwight Howard...Headcase...
You must be registered for see images attach

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Based on a civil suit? So you are so sure you will pay 100 for my 10? You are on, if he is canned I’ll pay you $10 if he is on opening day roster I get $100.

lol I said to lay ME 10:1

Everyone in here was confident that Brett would be fine. I said that if there was a 25% chance he would get canned that Cam made sense (as opposed to whatever garbage we end up with)and was met with even greater opposing confidence.

What say you now? Willing to put your money where your mouth is? Or will you slink away like the rest of them?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yup I’ll do this and throw in 20 for 200

you guys need to read better...

I said lay me 10 : 1. In the context it’s pretty obvious I was the only one expressing skepticism. Ya’ll are whistling by the graveyard with Brett. Where there’s smoke Mike B will find fire.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have nothing against Cam Newton. But why would the Cards sign him as we have a young franchise qb in Murray and a decent backup in Hundley. Makes no sense, we can use whatever money it would cost on filling some other positions with some minimum vet salaries as Keim has done so well over the years. That has been one of his strengths.

Because there is a reasonable chance evidence exists that implicates Hundley in serious DV. And if that is the finding made by Mike and his team, then Mike will certainly dismiss him.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
lol I said to lay ME 10:1

Everyone in here was confident that Brett would be fine. I said that if there was a 25% chance he would get canned that Cam made sense (as opposed to whatever garbage we end up with)and was met with even greater opposing confidence.

What say you now? Willing to put your money where your mouth is? Or will you slink away like the rest of them?

Tell you what junior, I will bet $100 straight up to charity. Loser pays to a non profit Maricopa County women’s shelter.

Brett Hundley is not getting released due to a civil suit. If he is on the roster opening day the bet gets paid.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you guys need to read better...

I said lay me 10 : 1. In the context it’s pretty obvious I was the only one expressing skepticism. Ya’ll are whistling by the graveyard with Brett. Where there’s smoke Mike B will find fire.

oh well you clearly aren’t very confident lol

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
No, and Cam isn’t going to a place where he has no chance to be the full-time starter.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hate the guy or love the guy, Cam is a starting QB. No chance he comes here to be the backup.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I personally think he's a lock for New England.

And I think they go right back to the top of the AFC East.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The locker room ain't big enough for Cam Newton's ego.

I can't imagine Cam as a QB2. He'd suck all the oxygen out of the room.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I personally think he's a lock for New England.

And I think they go right back to the top of the AFC East.

They are saying that the Patriots and Jacksonville Jags are the most likely landing spots, The issue is getting a physical by the teams doctors due to all his injuries.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Where's the head case coming from? He's been injured. Prior to injury he was playing at league MVP level, which he's won before. He's not coming here to be a backup, but I'd take him in a second if he would.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Cards would be better with him than without him - at least short term - KM is still smushable imo!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Cards would be better with him than without him - at least short term - KM is still smushable imo!

Welcome back TheSmel. Was wondering what happened to you. I see you're still impaling fish with a spear.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cam would be great to have and have him come in when we're first and goal inside the ten. His size and running ability would makes us deadly in the Red Zone. A place where we struggled, last year.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, you don't need a guy that thinks he is the starter when you have already a starter.

Cam isn't a backup. Take the money and sign Golden/Clowney ... but don't spend it on a QB that is a starter when you already have one on the cheap.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave