Now what?

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
After FA, the draft, and UDFA, what do the Cards do to continue to upgrade their roster?

When you look at the depth chart, what is still needed...TE, IOL, CB?

Do they enter the second phase of FA? Wait for veteran releases? First, second, third round of cuts?

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
TE one spot we didnt address in FA or the draft I think KK likes Williams and Darnold would love a 3rd guy developmental type or just a proven guy that doesn't need a ton of reps to make an impact

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Just noticed we picked up a couple UDFA TEs maybe already addressed what I just posted

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards TE Charles Clay hasn't been signed by any team yet. Maybe bring him back at vets minimum contract. Not sure what Keim and KK feel about him. Didn't do much last year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had a different read on what was meant by "What now?"

I was thinking about how the teams would execute off-season conditioning, workouts, playbook etc. under current Social Distance regulations, SOP's etc., how the schedules will work out, how the games would be played.

From the player's viewpoint, what do you have to do to earn a roster/starting spot? Where do you find relevant tape to study? Are there technological workarounds? Will each team follow standardized training protocols? Or will each team go in many different directions?

Do the proverbial "lockerroms" become virtual?

Weird times.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Cards TE Charles Clay hasn't been signed by any team yet. Maybe bring him back at vets minimum contract. Not sure what Keim and KK feel about him. Didn't do much last year.

Before the draft Gambo indicated that the Cards wanted Clay back. I suspect that with no TE of significance selected or traded for, he will be re-signed on the cheap fairly soon. They may even wait until after June 1st to see who’s cut.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before the draft Gambo indicated that the Cards wanted Clay back. I suspect that with no TE of significance selected or traded for, he will be re-signed on the cheap fairly soon. They may even wait until after June 1st to see who’s cut.
Yeah, there is no rush as nothing is really going on with the coronavirus stopping everything.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
it would good for the front office to see if they have any 1 year prove it deals to some of the decent veterans out there.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was thinking the same but Markus wants 4-5 million per year minimum. I read he wants a multi year contract for up to 10m per year but no takers so far.

Exactly the kind of player that eventually signs a 1 year prove-it deal in July.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud.... doubt we could do it.....but how crazy would it be to somehow, someway sign Clowney?

Don't see it happening but if this true at least it could technically be done financially with some maneuvering by the cards:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud.... doubt we could do it.....but how crazy would it be to somehow, someway sign Clowney?

Interestingly, Slanidrac, if no one signs him in the next five hours, the Seahawks will not get any compensation pick for losing him.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

June 1st cuts are largely a thing of the past. Players aren't held hostage anymore. The team's clear their rosters early and may designate a cut as of June 1st.

Gives guys a better chance at finding a job.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After FA, the draft, and UDFA, what do the Cards do to continue to upgrade their roster?

When you look at the depth chart, what is still needed...TE, IOL, CB?

Do they enter the second phase of FA? Wait for veteran releases? First, second, third round of cuts?
Now we wait and watch for the schedule to be released. It’s going to be a nervous waiting period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA