2020 Round 4A pick is Leki Fotu DT

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is fairly offensive to assume I’m spreading some rumor that others don’t accept. Since you watched do much PAC 12, explain to me why he played on 56% of snaps the 2 years he started. He was not injured.

Stop your smarter than that. He’s 6’5 335lbs he’s a giant run stuffer you know damn well those guys don’t play every snap.

Reactions: PJ1
OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pre-Draft Analysis

Fotu is a massive interior run-stuffer with the ability to clog up the middle when he plays with sound technique. His pad level is inconsistent, and he gives ground at times. He's a limited pass-rusher who tends to stall out https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/teamsand doesn't show the ability to regularly win with his hands. -- Steve Muench

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/teams

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here is more from Tony Pauline...he had him as his 106th ranked prospect:

Leki Fotu, DT
Positives: Athletic, wide-bodied defensive lineman who impacts the game when focused on the task at hand. Possesses a quick first step, plays with proper pad level and keeps his feet moving. Powerful, knocks blockers off the line and collapses the pocket. Possesses a nasty attitude and runs down opponents in the open field. Easily changes direction and pursues to the action with agility. Impossible to move off the point at times. Puts his shoulders down and drives through tackles.

Negatives: Easily knocked off balance by the initial block. Runs hot and cold. Streaky and disappears for stretches.

Analysis: Fotu has shown himself to be a game-impacting defensive lineman when he’s running on all cylinders. He possesses outstanding physical skills, but he must significantly improve the intensity of his approach and play to his level of ability on every snap.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s see your Tony Pauline and raise you a Matt Miller

http://bleacherreport.com/post/arizona-cardinals/db61ea74-5972-4967-980b-6dcc0d98543b

or how bout Brian Baldinger?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

again you don’t get his resume by having motivation issues or being lazy.

No way! A fourth round prospect lacks consensus opinion. NO FREAKING WAY!

Why does everyone have to win all the time???? How about, we all agree this player lacks that consensus view, and respect the fact that people have differing opinions?

I know, I know, thats not what Americans do....

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why does everyone have to win all the time???? How about, we all agree this player lacks that consensus view, and respect the fact that people have differing opinions?

I wish we grabbed Kinlaw in the 4th

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

what

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe you’ll take Tony Pauline’s word for it.
“Fotu could just as easily fall into the category of “most disappointing” as much as overrated. Despite being an incredible physical specimen who flashed brilliance at times, Fotu is too inconsistent for next-level decision makers who say he never met expectations. League sources talk about a motor that runs hot and cold as well as the inability to shed blocks against lesser opponents. His physical skills and upside could help Fotu find his way into the third round, but many believe he could’ve been a top-20 pick if he played to expectations.” He played on 56% of the available defensive snaps in his 2 years as a starter. This was not injury related.
Oh no! Tony Pauline! Totally irresponsible! A dude that watched a lot of PAC-12 (not even “a lot of Utah” lol) says so!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

http://bleacherreport.com/post/arizona-cardinals/db61ea74-5972-4967-980b-6dcc0d98543b

Lol. You attack Harry and your counter is a passing comment by Matt Miller (really?) about a hot motor and no mention of his motor AT ALL by baldinger. I think your response to Harry is irresponsible, poor, and largely unfounded as it’s based on conjecture about his achievements.

all that said, I have no opinion on the kid. Looking forward to hoping he stops the run.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Using 1/3 of our picks on defensive tackles after using 1/6 of our picks on Simmons suggests that VJ will use his DT's to stop the inside run and C Jones and Simmons pinching fro either side to rush the QB and protect th perimeter.

I also think SK recognized that we were getting chewed up inside during the course of most games and wanted to put a stop to this. Thus the emphasis on D-linemen. If nothing else, we needed more warm bodies.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

First I’d appreciate it if you used my words if you’re going to attack what I said. I never said he was lazy. I did say he takes off plays and provided one possible explanation, being frustrated. I did say there was an apparent motivation issue. Again I don’t know the reason. You missed the point of why I quoted Tony. You said, “start spreading stuff.” I didn’t “start” stuff, I posted what I believe to be an accurate representation of the player. I began my post by saying others saw him differently. All these attitude evaluations are subjective. Bad habits can be overcome, look at PP & TM. Time will tell who’s eval is correct. As to being a captain I do value that and have reported it at times, but in some cases it’s a popularity indicator. In this case I don’t know. As to PAC 12 & All American honors they certainly indicate a positive level of talent. I do think what Tony said is relevant. Fotu might have first round ability but he wasn’t being taken in round 1. As to the calf injury I that’s why I mention the number for 2 seasons. It happened prior to his senior year and he didn’t miss a game. It likely did impact his play, but the prior year he was still more of a rotation player though he did start every game.

You’ll notice I ended my post with “sorry” because I knew people would be disappointed. I also knew many would disagree with me. I guess that’s why there’s not just one mock draft that everyone accepts; difference of opinion. Mine came in a post, not a stone tablet. If I’m proven wrong, it won’t be the first time and it will be here in print. I get them tossed at me from time to time. I do think this is the first time my ethics were questioned.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

crazy talk!