Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
⁦‪@AdamSchefter‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

One personnel director calls this “the deepest second round in the last 25 years.” He believes there are 20 players available tonight that could have been first-round picks; there usually are 7-10. “There will be as many starters in this round that there are in the first round.”

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next years 1st for Indy's 2x 2nds? Or any of the other teams with 2x 2nds?
It seems widely accepted that in general, future picks are worth one round less than current year picks - so next year's 1st would be worth about a single 2nd round pick this year. Obviously over the last decade, a future Patriots pick was less valuable and a future Browns pick more valuable....

I'd expect the cost for the Cardinals of a high second this season would be something like next year's 1st and a 4th this year, with a 4th coming back from the other team next year.

I'd say it's highly unlikely the Cards would trade next year's #1 pick.

More likely, they could move into the lower part of the 2nd round by giving up their high 3rd and a 4th. But i suspect they'll just stay put and wait until #72 to pick again.

...dave

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Could BOB get any worse? Nobody needs an agent with deals like that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the Cardinals plan if Simmons wasn't there. Who cares at this point right? Just curious.

Would they have picked Brown, an OT, or trade down?

I think it would have been a trade down. They seemed all in on Simmons and no regret on Brown.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It seems widely accepted that in general, future picks are worth one round less than current year picks - so next year's 1st would be worth about a single 2nd round pick this year. Obviously over the last decade, a future Patriots pick was less valuable and a future Browns pick more valuable....

I'd expect the cost for the Cardinals of a high second this season would be something like next year's 1st and a 4th this year, with a 4th coming back from the other team next year.

More likely, they could move into the lower part of the 2nd round by giving up their high 3rd and a 4th. But i suspect they'll just stay put and wait until #72 to pick again.

...dave

It's looking like no college football this year...which makes next year's draft a crapshoot. Why not go for the sure thing this year?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
⁦‪@AdamSchefter‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

One personnel director calls this “the deepest second round in the last 25 years.” He believes there are 20 players available tonight that could have been first-round picks; there usually are 7-10. “There will be as many starters in this round that there are in the first round.”

This stings but we still have to remember what the Cardinals received for their second round pick.

It still hurts at draft time though. I'm trying not to be greedy.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

...dave

If we are really in love with a WR this year, maybe Mimms, Pittman, or Higgins...I think I would move next years 1st for them...since by most accounts they recieved 1st round grades and would have gone in the first round of a lot of drafts. If things go right and we are picking in the 20's, it think thats fair for those guys. If you can ask yourself "would I have picked this guy in the 20's" and the answer is yes, then it's worth trading a pick for.

The only other guys that to me would be sure fire first rounders next year are Epenesa, Gross Matos, and Grant Delpit....the two pass rushers simply of positional value alone.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's looking like no college football this year...which makes next year's draft a crapshoot. Why not go for the sure thing this year?

Well I think some college football will get played. But don't you think GM's of other teams are also downgrading the values of next years picks meaning next years first may not even get you a second.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This stings but we still have to remember what the Cardinals received for their second round pick.

It still hurts at draft time though. I'm trying not to be greedy.

Yeah, you have to remember we turned the #40 pick into the 11th ranked player in the whole NFL as voted by his peers.

I want a pick badly too, but I really doubt there is a player available as good as hopkins, and even if there is the odds of figuring out who it is, is nill.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can’t afford to give away any picks. We need to hit on some of these picks to help us with inexpensive salaries.

I would be willing to trade a pick next year and one this year to get to move up. But I want 6 picks this year.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well I think some college football will get played, but even if you are right, don't you think GM's of other teams are also downgrading the values of next years picks?

Yes I do...which I why I think we might be able to get a mid/late 2nd rounder for our 1st next year. In a normal year, not a great deal....but with this being an insanely deep draft and next years uncertainty, I think its ok.

If you don't look at the pick # and just look at the player we would be trading up to get....Epenesa, Gross Matos, Mimms, Josh Jones....then I think you say "yea those guys are worth a first round pick".

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to remember we turned the #40 pick into the 11th ranked player in the whole NFL as voted by his peers.

I want a pick badly too, but I really doubt there is a player available as good as hopkins, and even if there is the odds of figuring out who it is, is nill.

We agree but it's sort of like the dinner bell rings and we already ate our dinner at lunchtime. :wink2:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes I do...which I why I think we might be able to get a mid/late 2nd rounder for our 1st next year. In a normal year, not a great deal....but with this being an insanely deep draft and next years uncertainty, I think its ok.

If you don't look at the pick # and just look at the player we would be trading up to get....Epenesa, Gross Matos, Mimms, Josh Jones....then I think you say "yea those guys are worth a first round pick".

Ehh.

None of those guys excite me enough I want to give up next years first.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do kind of like Higgens, Shenualt, and Mims. But I would be looking to trade into the top of the 3rd if they slid.

The price of getting a 2 is just to high.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I do kind of like Higgens, Shenualt, and Mims. But I would be looking to trade into the top of the 3rd if they slid.

The price of getting a 2 is just to high.

Give me any of those 3 or Pittman at 72 and I'm thrilled. All guys that should be gone, so if one slides it's a steal

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Field Yates
@FieldYates

·
27m

Day 2 notes:
* Most picks: Patriots (5)
* No picks: 49ers and Chargers
* Bears, Bills, Colts, Patriots, Rams, Steelers, Texans scheduled to make their first pick of 2020
* Colts well positioned with picks 34 and 44
* 7 minutes per pick in Round 2, 5 minutes per pick in Round 3

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well I think some college football will get played. But don't you think GM's of other teams are also downgrading the values of next years picks meaning next years first may not even get you a second.
I'm [emoji817] positive you can trade with BOB.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
One of the ESPN Analysts called Kliff's war room a female thirst trap.

I can stop laughing. LOL