Get ready... who's your third round pick

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Caveat to my OL... running back is a position which can happen with the transition tag on Drake and how HBs are treated now

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I actually thought Doug made a really good point about trading a pick next year to get back into the 2nd. With everything that might be going on for the college football season, will we get a regular draft class? What if they play shortened seasons, or the season is delayed a lot and the normal draft process is much shorter?

He threw out the idea of trading a pick next year to land another pick in this historically deep draft, and honestly I really like the idea.

If they identify a player they really like, I say do what it takes to move up, including trading say a 2nd rounder next year. 1st rounders IMO are too valuable because of the 5th year.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I actually thought Doug made a really good point about trading a pick next year to get back into the 2nd. With everything that might be going on for the college football season, will we get a regular draft class? What if they play shortened seasons, or the season is delayed a lot and the normal draft process is much shorter?

He threw out the idea of trading a pick next year to land another pick in this historically deep draft, and honestly I really like the idea.

If they identify a player they really like, I say do what it takes to move up, including trading say a 2nd rounder next year. 1st rounders IMO are too valuable because of the 5th year.
I would trade up in a heartbeat to land.grant delpit.
Peterson delpit baker alford
Would be a nasty secondary with simmon lining up at OLB and mlb

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

that is a really good point

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Say what you want but SK hits home runs in round 3 for some reason

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
40 picks to go.

RB
Swift
Dobbins
Akers
Taylor

WR
Shenault
Mims

TE
KMet

T
JJones
Cleveland
Niang

G
Muti

DL
Blacklock
Elliott
Madubuike
Epenesa
Davidson

EDGE
D Taylor
Gross-Matos
Okwara

CB
Diggs
Johnson
Fulton

S
McKinney
Winfield
Dugger
Delpit
Chinn

Basically, the list isn't long for me. Best case scenario is that Niang falls due to injury concerns and they never come to fruition. Muti also has injury questions but fits what we do on offense. Frankly, I don't see that happening. My guess is we will target a defensive lineman, WR or RB. Our best bets are that the S group is gone which allows someone else to drop. One thing that I have been concerned about when taking Simmons is that in mock drafts I did, I didn;t love what was left at 3 and 4.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Well what are you going to offer in addition to a future 2nd to move back into the 2nd this year? Would have be quite a lot. Like maybe our 3rd and a 4th. Not sure I’d want to do so. And for whom?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
40 picks to go.

RB
Swift
Dobbins
Akers
Taylor

WR
Shenault
Mims

TE
KMet

T
JJones
Cleveland
Niang

G
Muti

DL
Blacklock
Elliott
Madubuike
Epenesa
Davidson

EDGE
D Taylor
Gross-Matos
Okwara

CB
Diggs
Johnson
Fulton

S
McKinney
Winfield
Dugger
Delpit
Chinn

Basically, the list isn't long for me. Best case scenario is that Niang falls due to injury concerns and they never come to fruition. Muti also has injury questions but fits what we do on offense. Frankly, I don't see that happening. My guess is we will target a defensive lineman, WR or RB. Our best bets are that the S group is gone which allows someone else to drop. One thing that I have been concerned about when taking Simmons is that in mock drafts I did, I didn;t love what was left at 3 and 4.
I’d add Higgins to the WR group.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
My guess is we will target a defensive lineman, WR or RB. Our best bets are that the S group is gone which allows someone else to drop. One thing that I have been concerned about when taking Simmons is that in mock drafts I did, I didn;t love what was left at 3 and 4.

I'll take that problem tonight!

I think there's a better chance that the 5 DL you listed are gone though.

Here's some targets from SBNation:

64. Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana

65. Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut

66. Josh Uche, Edge, Michigan

67. Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina

68. X - Van Jefferson - No

69. Zack Moss, RB, Utah

70. Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

71. Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU

72. X - Jacob Eason - No

73. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

74. X - Jabari Zuniga - No