Dark Horse pick

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
While we are all talking about which high picks are going where, who do you see as a later round pick, I mean 4th round or later who you believe will become a high end starter for a team, not necessarily the Cardinals. Who is your favorite dark horse.

My choice is Jake Fromm. I think he will blossom under NFL coaching and become a very good QB. It's a gut feeling I have about him.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Most obvious guesses are RBs since they routinely go late/undrafted and start.

non-RB category, I’ll go with Alex Highsmith. He has elite traits. Is super raw.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anthony McFarland RB. He looks like the next Dalvin Cook to me.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most obvious guesses are RBs since they routinely go late/undrafted and start.

non-RB category, I’ll go with Alex Highsmith. He has elite traits. Is super raw.

Highsmith and J Garvin are two pass rushers with huge upside I would love in the 4th

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harrison Bryant TE FAU. The next George Kittle? :devil:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0200421-ajdfdg2fcbafdnvzyckgoh7wiy-story.html

Bryant is considered one of the top tight end prospects in this year’s draft class. NFL analyst Lance Zeirlein compared his pass-catching ability, athleticism and run-blocking to San Francisco 49ers All-Pro tight end George Kittle — a player Bryant has said he’s tried model his game after. ESPN’s Jeff Legwold ranked Bryant as the No. 3 tight end prospect and No. 77 overall.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quarterback Nate Stanley of Iowa is my choice. I do like Eno Benjamin as well.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its not super dark horse...but I'm going Evan Weaver. He is a tackling machine that will have a 10 year NFL career.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
While we are all talking about which high picks are going where, who do you see as a later round pick, I mean 4th round or later who you believe will become a high end starter for a team, not necessarily the Cardinals. Who is your favorite dark horse.

My choice is Jake Fromm. I think he will blossom under NFL coaching and become a very good QB. It's a gut feeling I have about him.

I think he's a New England type pick...BB will go all in with Stidham, who they all rave about, but Fromm is a guy you draft as a 1-2 year project, in case Stidham doesn't workout as planned.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Hill Miami Edge, He has tons of problems with maturity & health, but I’m thinking round 6. He’ll out rush most of the guys taken before him if he stays straight.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't know if he's rated as far down as the 4th round, but I get the feeling that Akeem Daviis-Gaither (LB) would be a steal here.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Michael Pittman Jr.

I've been hesitant about picking a WR early, but if somehow he's there in the 3rd round, I'd pick him up. He's probably only a notch below the three big names in the draft.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
***HOMER ALERT***

JJ Taylor from Arizona has a lot of Sproles in him. If he's still there in the 6th round, I snag him.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Highsmith clearly, as a DE he could really be a big player for a team, hopefully the cards.

but because he was taken already I will call a even darker horse ... Dante Olsen ILB I would love to add him, but I do not know if he goes in the 4th or as UDFA ... we will see.