Trade down to as low as 16 if we can

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This year I just don't see a consensus great player after the first few top players. If Okuduh or Simmons are there at our pick than maybe you stay even if there are trade offers. Even at 16, I think either one of the top four olinemen will be there, one of the top three receivers, or the second place DE, DT or OLB... Any of those guys could be better than any of the others I think. If we could net a second round pick to move down to 16, I think I would do it, of course 14 or even 12 would give you more choices... The problem is I don't thinking trading up is very smart, unless you're worried about getting a QB so I don't know how many teams would do it... If Simmons is available at our pick I could possibly see it but I think he might be unique enough just to take. I would even trade down with him there for a second and a third but I doubt you'd get that...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we could pick up a second round pick and move back to 14 with Bucs, that would be ideal for me. One of the top OTs, WRs, or DTs will be there and all would present great value. Plus a mid second could get us a center, CB, LB or safety.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cards are going defense. They might be able to still get Kinlaw or Chaisson. Trading down to 14-16 will get us 2 picks, maybe a 2nd and 5th or something like that.

There are so many different roads to go down depending on the first selection. With a 2nd , 3rd and two 4ths there a number of combinations of position.

Rb, ol, wr,
Ol, wr, rb
DL, ol, rb

I think we will grab a guy like Hunt or Pearl to develop. I think we have to draft a rb. I would love to get te Albert oguabdhtgjyfgh.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well 14 would be better but I still think we will have one of the players that are debated that could be in the top 10 anyways based on an NFL Teams preferences...

I guess I would rank it this way.

1. Simmons OLB
2. Okuduh CB
3. Wills OL
4. Thomas OL
5. Wirfs OL
6. Brown DT
7. Lamb WR
8. Jeudy WR
9. Ruggs WR
10. Kinlaw DT
11. Chiasson OLB
12. Becton OL

One of those guys should be there at 16.. With Young, Burrow, Tagovailoa and Herbert off the board.. Hell I wouldn't be too upset if we got CJ Henderdon CB.

I believe there is a debate with all of the above on who is a better prospect except for the top two that most likely won't be there.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Miami is pretty promising.. If we moved down to 18 and got their second I don't know if we would be in much worse shape. You add Henderson in with those 12 makes 13. First two picks that are shoeins and you've got a good chance to get one of those players..

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Said it for years as well....NEVER let Keim get cute. Ryan Pace who will be sent out to pasture if the Bears don't perform is a perfect Keim 2.0 as far as being cute. A GM will always sleep well at night by sticking to the big conferences and not look for a TE in round 2 from Augustana college or a QB who played 5 games in the ACC...in round 1.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Said it for years as well....NEVER let Keim get cute. Ryan Pace who will be sent out to pasture if the Bears don't perform is a perfect Keim 2.0 as far as being cute. A GM will always sleep well at night by sticking to the big conferences and not look for a TE in round 2 from Augustana college or a QB who played 5 games in the ACC...in round 1.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Not a fan of the trade down. Especially if Simmons, Wirfs or Brown are on the board. Many times trying to be too smart, backfires in your face in giving up a top 10 pick

this team need some game changers, especially on defense

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Well 14 would be better but I still think we will have one of the players that are debated that could be in the top 10 anyways based on an NFL Teams preferences...

I guess I would rank it this way.

1. Simmons OLB
2. Okuduh CB
3. Wills OL
4. Thomas OL
5. Wirfs OL
6. Brown DT
7. Lamb WR
8. Jeudy WR
9. Ruggs WR
10. Kinlaw DT
11. Chiasson OLB
12. Becton OL

One of those guys should be there at 16.. With Young, Burrow, Tagovailoa and Herbert off the board.. Hell I wouldn't be too upset if we got CJ Henderdon CB.

I believe there is a debate with all of the above on who is a better prospect except for the top two that most likely won't be there.
Don't be surprised if they move down as far as 18 and get the 39 as well as another pick from Miami. Henderson, Kinlaw and Murray all in play there to keep stocking the D.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No, no, no having Steve Keim get cute, trade down, and throw darts at the board to make a pick. No thank you! Stay in the top 10, please.

Yes Keim getting cute and is going to wind up with Pace and Bryant Johnson, Andy Isabella, Troy Niklaus and Brandon William's. This is the guy that took Reddick, Cooper, Robert Nkemdiche,.
Go back and look Keim drafts, he cant draft at all SMH. Stick to bluechippers, Keim is a moron draft time

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Keim getting cut and is going to wind up with Pace and Bryant Johnson, Andy Isabella, Troy Niklaus and Brandon William's. This is the guy that took Reddick, Cooper, Robert Nkemdiche,.
Go back and look Keim cant draft at all SMH

Egad, that's terrible

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If they move down and grab Henderson Chaisson or Murray, Peterson or Reddick will likely be on the move also for picks and OJ Howard.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
no all your rookies should be all pros right off the bat lol
Ok smart guy were are the good picks "Mr Likes to Disagree with everything I say"

Where are the quality picks let's see your awesome view on them!

Waiting with baited breath!

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anytime u have a late 1st and pretty much 4th rounders and later after that it's a crap shoot.
They also got Chandler Jones with their 2nd.

Besides that I count 1 starter out of 13 picks, is that top notch drafting? 2 classes 1 starter drafted the rest our garbage

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if they move down as far as 18 and get the 39 as well as another pick from Miami. Henderson, Kinlaw and Murray all in play there to keep stocking the D.

Henderson and Kinlaw would not be there.

At 18 you are looking at someone like Murray, or Josh Jones. Feels like there is a drop off after 16 to me.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Besides that I count 1 starter out of 13 picks, is that top notch drafting? 2 classes 1 starter drafted the rest our garbage

Keims drafts have been pretty terrible, but I don't buy the idea he can only make a top 10 pick successfully.

Every draft is unique, in some a trade down is a stupid idea, in others - like I think this one which is deep, it isn't necessarily a bad idea.

With that said if Simmons is available at 8 and we trade down, I will probably be pissed.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Keims drafts have been pretty terrible, but I don't buy the idea he can only make a top 10 pick successfully.

Every draft is unique, in some a trade down is a stupid idea, in others - like I think this one which is deep, it isn't necessarily a bad idea.

With that said if Simmons is available at 8 and we trade down, I will probably be pissed.

Exactly, Suggs for Bryant Johmson and Calvin Pace trade down.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Last year besides Murray we got Murphy and Allen who started. Injury derailed Allen. Isabella will find the field more and likely continue ST's. It's a wonder what picking in each round will do to help your draft class, let alone near the top. This class is easily 18 deep non QB prospects with nary a Nkemdiche in sight.