There isn't going to be a season

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's say you test all the players, coaches, etc. before the game. What do you do if the head coach or starting QB tests positive ? What if several players test positive? What if a player tests positive on one team and not the other? Too many possibilities

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
5 months before season starts
Likely the virus effectiness would drop down in summer time
I don't say a vaccine will be ready soon but a specific antivirus can be made in 2/3 months, many resources are working togheter for this

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes they have 5 months to figure this out.
They have already talked about shortening the season if need be.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be a season. Korea is already showing that it can be done. With enhanced real-time testing for both the virus and antibodies around the corner, there is no reason at the very least there will not be fanless games. Worst case, they start the season a month or two later and the Super Bowl is in March or April. Can you imagine how epic if would be if the first game of any sport to have fans ends up being the Super Bowl?

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...anization-which-will-start-2020-season-may-5/

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 months before season starts
Likely the virus effectiness would drop down in summer time
I don't say a vaccine will be ready soon but a specific antivirus can be made in 2/3 months, many resources are working togheter for this

Actually, there are no facts supporting any of this. Vaccines are said to be almost a year away and the heat is showing zero impact. South America and Australia have warm weather right now and there the virus is still shutting them down.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, there are no facts supporting any of this. Vaccines are said to be almost a year away and the heat is showing zero impact. South America and Australia have warm weather right now and there the virus is still shutting them down.
The numbers there are lower so the virus effectiness is limited by higher temperature and dry climate
Vaccine from what I know takes more time then a year, and I guess not a great part of the population want take the vaccine
An antivirus is the quicker option, and they are going to test it soon

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The numbers there are low so the virus effectiness is limited by higher temperature and dry climate
Vaccine from what I know takes more time then a year, and I guess not a great part of the population want take the vaccine

they may never have a vaccine

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sean Payton already tested positive but recovered.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they may never have a vaccine

It's amazing to think of all the diseases.. that were eradicated by small groups of Geniuses, armed with a simple microscope as their best tool.

Meanwhile... A century later, We have the whole world, with the ability to collaborate in real time via the internet, using super computers etc... And cures are almost unheard of.

Treatment$? Oh we got plenty of tho$e!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The numbers there are lower so the virus effectiness is limited by higher temperature and dry climate

No, those counties took action faster. Dr. Fouche already said temperature doesn't play a role. COVID-19 only sees a change at 170 degrees.

Also, here is a study from Harvard.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...ay-not-go-away-in-warmer-weather-as-do-colds/

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's say you test all the players, coaches, etc. before the game. What do you do if the head coach or starting QB tests positive ? What if several players test positive? What if a player tests positive on one team and not the other? Too many possibilities
Why didn’t you just bump your last thread on this very topic instead of spamming? No one knows for sure yet, end of story. Speculation at this point is a fool’s errand.

OP
OP
tnmike

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why didn’t you just bump your last thread on this very topic instead of spamming? No one knows for sure yet, end of story. Speculation at this point is a fool’s errand.
Well it's a dang shame that you were so inconvenienced spending your time reading it. Let me know if you figure out how I can compensate you for the 2.2 seconds it took out of your life for you to read it

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's a dang shame that you were so inconvenienced spending your time reading it. Let me know if you figure out how I can compensate you for the 2.2 seconds it took out of your life for you to read it

:biglaugh:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There will be a season. NBA and mlb are severely impacted because their season was just ending or just starting, and they are already coming up with plans to get baseball going an a few months.

The NFL will have had 7 months to figure out the start of their season. Between treatments and tests being available, and the already growing public outcry to "open up America" ....I would bet a huge amount of money that the NFL will start their season on time.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
IMO there will be a season. Dollars dictate it. There will be problems, but playing is an imperative. Athletes have good respiratory systems. Some may get it but there’s always injuries. If they shorten the season, they should be able to get through it. The players’ mentality is to play. There will be no bye week.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
As all things are rushed to get started back up many more people will contract and die from the virus. ******************************************************************************************************************************************

[Edited due to politics. No politics in this forum]

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose