Leonard fournette on the block

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Another great player might be available. His salary is just over 4m this year. Had 1200 yards rushing and 500 receiving on a terrible jags team.. Not sure keim is looking at RBs at the moment. But he brings a level of pure toughness and downhill power i would love to have on this team. I've never seen a guy flat out truck so many players.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Drake was gone then this would’ve been a no-brainer

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Another great player might be available. His salary is just over 4m this year. Had 1200 yards rushing and 500 receiving on a terrible jags team.. Not sure keim is looking at RBs at the moment. But he brings a level of pure toughness and downhill power i would love to have on this team. I've never seen a guy flat out truck so many players.

What was his Wonderlic score?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
:bhiich:

No, seriously though, I don't see where trading for a guy with such little tread on his tires makes much sense. He's never been the kind of player he was in college, and he's oft-injured.
Here's the highlight from last year. I dont think any other rb in the nfl runs with that intensity and willingness to crush the would be tacklers. I remember some stat that no RB in the nfl has faced more stacked boxes than fournette since he was drafted. And it wasnt close.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After touting for Cam Newton to be signed by Jags and his embarrassing undressing on the sidelines before the finish of the Jags last game, it is not surprising to me that the Jags will trade him away for a bag of beans. The writing was on the wall. He was a quitter at LSU and with the Jags. Loves to declare himself out for games.

All hail Gardener Minshew.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Here's the highlight from last year. I dont think any other rb in the nfl runs with that intensity and willingness to crush the would be tacklers. I remember some stat that no RB in the nfl has faced more stacked boxes than fournette since he was drafted. And it wasnt close.

He had a good 2019, but that kind of rushing is going to obliterate a guy in this league. We have plenty of recent examples of backs hitting that second contract and just not being able to keep up.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After touting for Cam Newton to be signed by Jags and his embarrassing undressing on the sidelines before the finish of the Jags last game, it is not surprising to me that the Jags will trade him away for a bag of beans. The writing was on the wall. He was a quitter at LSU and with the Jags. Loves to declare himself out for games.

All hail Gardener Minshew.

lmao

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
He had a good 2019, but that kind of rushing is going to obliterate a guy in this league. We have plenty of recent examples of backs hitting that second contract and just not being able to keep up.
Well, we would have control of him for 4m this year and whatever the 5th year option is next year. What worries me with drake is he hasnt signed a long term deal. He must be looking for 10+ a year.

I think he could be a game changer on our team. Hes played with terrible qbs his whole career. He'd be an animal here.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, we would have control of him for 4m this year and whatever the 5th year option is next year. What worries me with drake is he hasnt signed a long term deal. He must be looking for 10+ a year.

I think he could be a game changer on our team. Hes played with terrible qbs his whole career. He'd be an animal here.

you wouldn’t be able to stack the box here in AZ. He’s never had that it would def be interesting a power back like that here

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of Drake at all, and hope we draft an RB. I just don't see it being realistic. I'd rather spend the pick on a flier of an RB that can help us on the cheap into the future.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
He's not that great of a runner and he's going into a contract year. Everyone is figuring out after the last round of RB contracts to not go long term on these guys, I have no interest here.

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Drake at all, and hope we draft an RB. I just don't see it being realistic. I'd rather spend the pick on a flier of an RB that can help us on the cheap into the future.
I just love his intensity, power and speed. Fournette brings a toughness to the running and lass game.
I like drake, but I think fournette is better and cheaper at the moment. Worries me about how much money drake wants that hes settled for 8+m instead of whatever long term deal we offered.

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
In his college career at LSU whenever he played bam he got shut down! Like 22 carries for 45 yards.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In his college career at LSU whenever he played bam he got shut down! Like 22 carries for 45 yards.

what’s that have to do with anything? He’s been a stud in college and the NFL. 1100+ yards rushing and 500+ receiving last year in the NFL.

I don’t think you understand how good those Alabama teams were. 2017 the year he was drafted Alabama had 6 defensive players drafted in the first 3 rounds that’s insane.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would take him over Drake for sure, but we owe Drake 8 million this year. I think our best bet is a 3rd or 4th round rookie that can start next year

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey I get you, bama was stacked up front and their quarterback Jefferson sucked. All I am saying is in my bama oppinated opinion drake is better now for the next 5 years. Drake is a runner and fast. Never played as a 16 game starter since high school. And then he probably played 12 or 13. What I am getting at is drake doesn’t have the wear other guys have in hits taken. Why do you think the cards traded for him? And then franchise him? He is gonna be special. Fornette is done. Stick a fork in him.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

Derrick Henry says hold my beer lol
I watched Fournette since he was a rookie and there's no denying when he's on he's a beast, problem I have is he isn't consistent week to week, although that could be because he's been on the Jags too lol

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't think he fits this offense.

Drake will get a chance to prove himself and I imagine we will take a RB in the 3rd/4th.

Don't forget Chase Edmonds will be a free agent in 2022 (2 seasons left on contract).

Edit: RB

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Hey I get you, bama was stacked up front and their quarterback Jefferson sucked. All I am saying is in my bama oppinated opinion drake is better now for the next 5 years. Drake is a runner and fast. Never played as a 16 game starter since high school. And then he probably played 12 or 13. What I am getting at is drake doesn’t have the wear other guys have in hits taken. Why do you think the cards traded for him? And then franchise him? He is gonna be special. Fornette is done. Stick a fork in him.

I like drake, but if I'm gonna sing a rb to more than 8m a year, I need to see more dominance. And drake may do that this year, I hope he does. But if you can get fournette who is bigger, more powerful and faster (hit 23 mph on a game) and for less money for at least the next 2 years. May not be a bad gamble.

Fournette puts fear into safety's and even linebackers. Look at the way they try to tackle him in the highlight tape I sent earlier.