Scouts On OL

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I am was just making light hearted comments back to alot of this stuff. We can agree to disagree
Dude, when you post "hahahahahahaha" to every take that isn't Lamb, tell us to take bubble baths, and then rub Lamb in people's faces despite it not happening yet, it's not light hearted.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude, when you post "hahahahahahaha" to every take that isn't Lamb, tell us to take bubble baths, and then rub Lamb in people's faces despite it not happening yet, it's not light hearted.[/QU
Ok deal until draft, I laugh alot not
Dude, when you post "hahahahahahaha" to every take that isn't Lamb, tell us to take bubble baths, and then rub Lamb in people's faces despite it not happening yet, it's not light hearted.

I get it..... you want a Olineman we can agree to disagree, we will all know for sure come Thursday. Than I can order my Lamb jersey!

You must be registered for see images attach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

just leave it alone bud lol.

quarantine is effecting people very different

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If three QB's get taken also. The Lions sound like they may trade out, so it depends on the wishes of whoever takes their place.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
How can you go up against Espeneda just about every day at practice for three years and not be ready to play? Wirfs has started since he was a freshman.
Because people look way to far into combine numbers, he wasn't a first round pick based on playing actual football. Then holy crap look how fast and big he is.
If we draft on ot it should be thomas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Taking trades into account, the Cards have spent

2017 3rd (Johnson)
2018 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round picks on a WR (Isabella and Kirk)
2019 4th and 6th (Butler and Johnson)
2020 2nd (Hopkins)

We've got Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Kirk, Isabella, Butler, and Johnson in the room right now, and one pick in the first 71 picks in this upcoming draft and you want to pick yet another WR? There's two Pro Bowl HOF'ers in the room already. There's only one ball.

Meanwhile, the last time the Cardinals drafted an offensive lineman that even so much as sniffed a pro bowl selection was Luis Sharpe and Tootie Robbins. About this date, 38 years ago. 1982.

You're making it sound like the Cardinals haven't drafted O-Linemen early in past drafts. We have & it's pretty much been a disaster. Fitz is year to year & we have no clue if Isabella, Butler, and Johnson will ever amount to much. Just because we drafted 3 last year (cupboard was bare), doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to upgrade the position. We drafted K1 because he was a major upgrade from Rosen. Many would say that Lamb is a major upgrade from Fitz (only because of age), Kirk, Isabella, Butler, and Johnson. I have NO problem if Lamb is drafted at 8.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Because people look way to far into combine numbers, he wasn't a first round pick based on playing actual football. Then holy crap look how fast and big he is.
If we draft on ot it should be thomas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Not true. Wirfs had first round on him most of the season

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You're making it sound like the Cardinals haven't drafted O-Linemen early in past drafts. We have & it's pretty much been a disaster. Fitz is year to year & we have no clue if Isabella, Butler, and Johnson will ever amount to much. Just because we drafted 3 last year (cupboard was bare), doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to upgrade the position. We drafted K1 because he was a major upgrade from Rosen. Many would say that Lamb is a major upgrade from Fitz (only because of age), Kirk, Isabella, Butler, and Johnson. I have NO problem if Lamb is drafted at 8.
In the past decade and some change, we've drafted three offensive linemen in the top three rounds, including trading for any. I can't imagine there's another NFL team that has invested less. Considering the average length of the NFL player, there's certainly opportunities to have invested way more.

That's a wild stat when you consider how much more offensive linemen see the field than receivers.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the past decade and some change, we've drafted three offensive linemen in the top three rounds, including trading for any. I can't imagine there's another NFL team that has invested less. Considering the average length of the NFL player, there's certainly opportunities to have invested way more.

That's a wild stat when you consider how much more offensive linemen see the field than receivers.

I've been watching NFL drafts for so many years now. I'm not sure I've ever been so open minded about our 1st round pick as I am this year. I'm not necessarily saying that we shouldn't draft an O-Lineman. I'm fine if we go CB (Okudah), OL (take your pick), DL (Brown), LB (Simmons), or WR (My preference is Lamb). The point of my previous post was that just because we drafted a few last year doesn't mean we stop trying to upgrade the position. We drafted WR last year out of desperation, as the cabinet was absolutely bare. Pretty much why we drafted Rosen the year before. So we drafted K1 to upgrade the QB position last year & I'm fine if we draft Lamb to upgrade the WR position. But I won't lose a wink of sleep if we go in any of the other directions I've mentioned. I will say that my preference is to stay at 8 & take the best player available other than QB. Passing the BPA & trading down is just too much risk for me. But, that's just me.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've been watching NFL drafts for so many years now. I'm not sure I've ever been so open minded about our 1st round pick as I am this year. I'm not necessarily saying that we shouldn't draft an O-Lineman. I'm fine if we go CB (Okudah), OL (take your pick), DL (Brown), LB (Simmons), or WR (My preference is Lamb). The point of my previous post was that just because we drafted a few last year doesn't mean we stop trying to upgrade the position. We drafted WR last year out of desperation, as the cabinet was absolutely bare. Pretty much why we drafted Rosen the year before. So we drafted K1 to upgrade the QB position last year & I'm fine if we draft Lamb to upgrade the WR position. But I won't lose a wink of sleep if we go in any of the other directions I've mentioned. I will say that my preference is to stay at 8 & take the best player available other than QB. Passing the BPA & trading down is just too much risk for me. But, that's just me.
Yeah, agreed to the rest besides the WR position. I think we already made up for our mistakes as we already have addressed that spot. Now doesn't seem like the time to continue to double down on the position when that room is unquestionably our greatest strength.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is what Keim keeps repeating in interviews, there will not be a Tackle selected early, he blaming it on Kyler and saying Murray was awesome and Gilbert was best Olineman in camp. Dont kill the messenger, this is straight from the guy making the picks mouth.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is what Keim keeps repeating in interviews, there will not be a Tackle selected early, he blaming it on Kyler and saying Murray was awesome and Gilbert was best Olineman in camp. Dont kill the messenger, this is straight from the guy making the picks mouth.
So he dogs the run grade where most posters who argue against OL argue that we had a 5.0 YPC... hmmmmm...

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So he dogs the run grade where most posters who argue against OL argue that we had a 5.0 YPC... hmmmmm...

Which is very weird I think as well, the pass rush seemed bad and run blocking seemed legit. But the numbers are saying otherwise. I also want to see the plays they are saying they are Kylers fault, he didnt seem too hold the ball for long periods of times, Seems like he was running for his life most the time.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i get the concern on the board

drafting a right tackle not only would lean right into the strength of the top half of round one, but would be boringly competent

its right out of football 101: control the line of scrimmage

its also why i fear the Cards go in a different, flashier, better press-conferencier direction in WR. It feels a contrarian, smarter than you Keim move as well -- coming off of the biggest contrarian, against the grain move last year in round 1 that worked.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Which is very weird I think as well, the pass rush seemed bad and run blocking seemed legit. But the numbers are saying otherwise. I also want to see the plays they are saying they are Kylers fault, he didnt seem too hold the ball for long periods of times, Seems like he was running for his life most the time.
Yeah, and the hurries against Kyler don't seem to match whatever "quick pressure" means in this blurb.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Tony Pauline Mailbag

Where does Georgia left tackle Andrew Thomas rank in terms of draft grade among offensive tackles relative to the top offensive tackles that have come out over the past five years?

The only tackle who may have ranked higher than Thomas is Lane Johnson, and he was the third tackle selected in 2013.

No tackle drafted in the past five years compares to Thomas athletically. The closest I can think of is Greg Robinson, and that was six years ago, but Thomas was a much more polished prospect at the position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA