Rumblings Jamal Adams is on the block

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Comments from him and interest in logan Ryan from the jets and leading people to think Jamal Adams is a a available.

Wonder is keim can pull another magical trade and land the best safety in the nfl.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Focus on areas of the team that really need fixing first. The compensation for a guy like Adams is going to be too much.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That will be three contracts that the FO will have to redo. If we trade for Jamal Adams.
I don’t see it happening.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I personally would only pay big money to safeties that have the ability to play single high. Those are special players. There’s a reason big name in the box safeties always seem to be available

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Why would they want to trade him? They just drafted him #6 overall in 2017.

Dude has performed and has earned his payday when contract is up.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would they want to trade him? They just drafted him #6 overall in 2017.

Dude has performed and has earned his payday when contract is up.

The obvious reasons is he has character / personality issues.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The obvious reasons is he has character / personality issues.

I haven’t heard anything like that. That’s kind of irresponsible to just throw things out there about a guy.

plenty of reasons for guys to not want to play for teams especially dysfunctional/bad ones, but fans always want to put it on the player

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Focus on areas of the team that really need fixing first. The compensation for a guy like Adams is going to be too much.

I'd take him for a first.

He is a legit franchise player and would markedly improve the defense. I'd trade for him and then turn around and trade Budda Baker.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven’t heard anything like that. That’s kind of irresponsible to just throw things out there about a guy.

plenty of reasons for guys to not want to play for teams especially dysfunctional/bad ones, but fans always want to put it on the player
It’s because he actually has personality & not a standard “good ole, yes sir/no sir” type of person.

That’s not “classy” to a certain crowd.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

He is a legit franchise player and would markedly improve the defense. I'd trade for him and then turn around and trade Budda Baker.
:shrug:

Can't constantly keep trading away picks for positions you just invested in, especially when it comes with a fat contract. Soon you get to a point where you can't pay anyone. Look at the Rams this offseason.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m sorry bro, but

I wouldn’t trade a top 10 pick for a box safety, regardless of how great he is.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm sure we all would have thought this with Hopkins too...
Trust me, I'm over the moon with Hopkins but this roster is still paper thin in some areas. We have something like 32 or less players under contract next year and some of our key pickups from this year are set to either void or get really expensive. This team has to start hitting on some draft picks and getting cost controlled players, not trading away picks to overpay a few guys and start a roster with gaping holes.

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Peterson was lights out the last 4 to 5 games of the year. He took some heat for asking for the trade which was fair, but hes still the top cb in the nfl.

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I watched every one of his college games. He is a high character guy. We are seeing more frequently, really good players get frustrated at being on bad teams. That said, Adam's is a leader and likely a future HOF player.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man look what Fitzpatrick did for that Steelers Defense.

we don’t have anything to get him but I’d love to have him

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
⁦‪@RapSheet‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

#Jets GM Joe Douglas tells reporters he’ll connect with star S Jamal Adams after the draft on contract talks. Sounds like there haven’t been any recent trade talks, and Douglas said he plans to “keep Jamal here for a long time."

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jane Slater
@SlaterNFL
· 16m
Also, many of you have reached out about this prospect of #Jets S Jamal Adams finding a way to the #Cowboys. A source close to the situation tells me right now it’s all just rumors and there has not been any talks on that front