Bucs looking to trade OJ Howard

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade more than a Reddick or Sherfield for him. I wouldn't mind him on the team it's just that I wouldn't pay a lot for him. Definitely not a draft pick.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade more than a Reddick or Sherfield for him. I wouldn't mind him on the team it's just that I wouldn't pay a lot for him. Definitely not a draft pick.
Man, I think his potential upside in this offense is much higher than most late round picks.

Sorta the same argument over Kenyan Drake - his upside is there, and he's had more production than any of our TEs in offenses that didn't utilize him strongly over the past few years.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only be interested in him if he is dropped and can be signed for a low salary. If BA and Brady don't want him the should tell you something.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, I think his potential upside in this offense is much higher than most late round picks.

Sorta the same argument over Kenyan Drake - his upside is there, and he's had more production than any of our TEs in offenses that didn't utilize him strongly over the past few years.
It’s kind of wild the the argument you use against Drake is the same one you’re using for OJ.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If their letting it be known he can be had in a trade, he’s probably a candidate to be released. Wait for that to happen.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Problem with OJ last year was Arians.
Problem with OJ the years before were Jameis favored Cameron Brate. He started to break out with Fitzpatrick.

He's got his flaws, but he would be a solid player on this team and should help Kyler out in the redzone.

Ultimately might come down to who you pay down the road: Kirk or OJ though.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s kind of wild the the argument you use against Drake is the same one you’re using for OJ.
Trading for Drake wasn't a waste of a pick. We had a reason to acquire him. I just don't think Drake is very good.

I also think Howard's production has been relatively consistent in a way I'd be comfortable with. His 2018 season wasn't lost because he was healthy and the team didn't want to play him, unlike Drake. Additionally, Arians doesn't use the TE, it's not like Gase/Flores didn't run the ball.

Edit: As I re-read the last comment about Drake, I see why it's confusing. I meant that giving up a 6th/5th for Drake last year made sense in the situation we were in. Not that I think he proved anything about long term upside and is a starting RB.

...After moving DJ, retaining Drake made sense. I still don't think a long-term contract does for the guy.

Last edited:

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
heck you could probably get him for a 6 or 7th, Bucs dont think he is good, burying his value

I mean I would be saying it would be nice if Keim could somehow flip Johnson and his contract for OJ but we got DHop instead hahahahahahahaha. Billie O's an idiot.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A worthy weapon at TE in Cards history.. easy..

Rob Housler lol
I met Housler's uncle on a flight to Phoenix, and it's such a depressing thing to watch them talk about the next steps, or their upcoming breakout. You realize how much these players are actually trying, especially in the case of Rob. Seemed like he was putting in the work.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I met Housler's uncle on a flight to Phoenix, and it's such a depressing thing to watch them talk about the next steps, or their upcoming breakout. You realize how much these players are actually trying, especially in the case of Rob. Seemed like he was putting in the work.

I am sure he did. I really thought he was going to be something for us with his speed. I only said it as a joke. I am sure most of these guys work hard day in and day out. At the end of the day I could never do what they do and appreciate the entertainment they provide whether its good or bad..

I ran into Kevin Minter’s parents on a flight to Atlanta. They had on Minter jerseys and I was like you guys are the first Cardinal fans I have seen with a Minter jersey. He was one of the LB I wanted us to draft. They were laughing and said they were his parents. I was surprised and his dad was carrying a LSU bag. Makes sense now. They spoke of the work he put in and how he was going to do well for us. That didn’t go so well here either..

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I remember one particular throw to him where it was right to him and he didnt catch it. That was the moment I was like "Yep...hes not that good."

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I dont see the point in trading for Howard now. Not much left on his rookie deal and he hasn't been special.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. I’m not going to fall in love with his potential...at least I’m not giving up anything more than a 6th.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Sometimes a change of scenery works wonders for a player. I wouldn’t be opposed to the Cardinals trading for Howard but it should be a late round pick. An exchange of first round picks is to much to pay for a player who’s teetering on bum status.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
YES! THAT ONE! I remember seeing that and it was a crucial moment and he just blew it.

I feel like we are connected on a whole new level.. I had the you’re dead to me moment when he turned and the ball just bounced off his face mask.. all my hope for him went out the window..

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Howard is entering his 4th year and the New team would be Forced to make a decision on his 5th year option before he has played a down.

Or... giving him 10+M for the 5th year in order to keep him for Two seasons, Which I doubt Any team would be willing to at this point.

Maybe a 6th rounder for the one year.

Howard as compensation to move down to #14 would be insane as the Value would be app. A Mid 2nd rounder.

Reactions: HGC