Bucs looking to trade OJ Howard

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray howard hopkins fitz kirk maybe rookie wr would be a pretty good wr threats

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
No idea of draft values but could this work?

We swap 1sts and 3rds, we give a 4th we get Howard?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He has a low base salary, offer a 5th. Arians will just use him as a blocker, so I could see him wanting out. Brady loves TE, which shows forcing him in a Arians vertical passing offense and taking hits, will be the end of Brady in Tampa, the system is a poor fit for Brady, holding the ball taking shots and bombing down field is not a Brady offense. This is cemented even further by them dumping a solid TE Brady could make explode, being moved because he dowsnt want to be a glorified blocker in Arians offense

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Arians really is negative about this guy’s effort level. At his price the Bucs won’t get much, though he has talent. I know Arians has a big dog house but Brady loves TEs. I’m sure they ran this by him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Howard only has one year left on his deal. I don't know if the Cards can pick up the option on a player they didn't draft (though I assume they could).

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up more than a 4th for him. Someone mentioned trying to dump Reddick on the Bucs...which could work

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howard only has one year left on his deal. I don't know if the Cards can pick up the option on a player they didn't draft (though I assume they could).

He already has his 5th year option. It's a huge gamble trading for him because you are either blowing the draft capital on a one year rental or really paying him next year

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over rated coming out of Alabama where he was surrounded by talent. Don't want him in this offense. One of those guys who looks like an NFL star coming off the bus, but plays unlike one.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It's basically rating Howard as worth a 3rd rounder. I believe at 2 million dollars that isn't crazy

Especially considering Jermaine Gresham counted 5.75m towards the cap last year! Stupid damn contract. :bang:

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get Shane saying he is overrated but he would still be far and away the best TE we have had in a decade on the cheap.

This guy has never played an entire season. And stat wise has basically been the equivalent of 2-3 catches a game since he came into the league. That is no kind of difference maker worth giving up draft capitol for. JMO. The only thing thats great is his YPC when he does catch it.

Now you have the king QB of utilizing athletic gifted TE's and turning them into all pro's under center and the Bucs are looking to unload him? Hmmmm

Last edited:

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
This guy has never played an entire season. And stat wise has basically been the equivalent of 2-3 catches a game since he came into the league. That is no kind of difference maker worth giving up draft capitol for. JMO. The only thing thats great is his YPC when he does catch it.

Now you have the king QB of utilizing athletic gifted TE's and turning them into all pro's under center and the Bucs are looking to unload him? Hmmmm

I want to see him under someone who likes Tight Ends.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Arians...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm very open to bringing him in. It seems like a decent roll of the dice for a late round pick, and we all know Arians doesn't like TEs.

It seemed like Kliff had success utilizing the TE last year.