Interesting CBS Draft Scenario

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hahahhahaha whoever wrote that had too much Quarentine with their Bong

consider I read this thread shortly after acting on my right to self medicate during stay at home or anytime for that matter. My initial thought was this would be bold. I didn’t consider it highly unlikely until I read your comment which adds credence to your take:)

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I ran some of the mock drafts at different sites and some of them are so ridiculous. I traded back with TB and got the #14 and I believe the #43 picks for the #8 pick and was able to draft Simmons, yes Simmons was still there at #14 and Jones at #43.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I ran some of the mock drafts at different sites and some of them are so ridiculous. I traded back with TB and got the #14 and I believe the #43 picks for the #8 pick and was able to draft Simmons, yes Simmons was still there at #14 and Jones at #43.

Great job! :)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a kind of New England Patriots move but actually we don't have an established team to move in that direction

Both peterson and Jones are 30

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's a kind of New England Patriots move but actually we don't have an established team to move in that direction

Both peterson and Jones are 30

Still, you don't strip yourself of your best players to get draft picks and hope to win now. Nagannahappen. If you're in a long-term rebuild, this is the kind of thing you do.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Detroit is not taking a 30 year old pash rusher with 2 years left on his deal in exchange for the 3rd overall pick.
I’m not saying Jones isn’t worth it I’m saying it doesn’t make sense for a team like the Lions.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still, you don't strip yourself of your best players to get draft picks and hope to win now. Nagannahappen. If you're in a long-term rebuild, this is the kind of thing you do.
Teams in long term rebuild with that kind of moves keep having losing streak
I talked about Patriots, they had an established offense with the goat and these kind moves has been successful for them
If Murray is going to be the player we think he is going to be, when u have players close to the 30 u have to trade them if the offers are too good

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we are supposed to read this stuff and take it seriously?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok, so I actually think 2 of these trades make some sense. Trading #8 to the Raiders for #12 and a 2nd rounder in 2021 would be ok...I would rather get another pick this year, but if "our guy" is likely to still be around at #12 then this trade is tolerable.

Trading Peterson for #25 might be the best return we can get at this point...and it completely depends on where contract talks are. By this point, they have to know if they are even wanting to resign Peterson, or if Peterson wants to come back next year. If the Cards are taking a "wait and see" approach, they might get burned when he walks for nothing. If there is still doubt at this point, I think I would make the deal for a 1st round pick. If we are going to resign him, then no deal...but there has to be some action either way at this point.

Jones I would not trade because he is still SUPER productive, DPOY level...and we have zero other pass rush. We could restructure his deal to keep him here for 4 more years and Im pretty confident he will be productive during that time.

As unpopular as it may seem, I want something done on the Peterson front during the draft. Either we commit to him for 3 more years or we trade him. We have been through too many issues and trade demands to think he is going to play out the season, with high effort, and then resign here.

If you told me we could get the guy we still like at #12 (OT, Chaisson, WR, whatever)...get a player like maybe Shenault, Bechton (crazier slides have happened), or Kenneth Murray at #25, and have an extra 2nd rounder next year...and are only giving up Peterson (who we assume in this scenario will leave next year anyway)...I think its a good haul.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jones is 30. He might not repeat the production like in the previous years.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Trade Peterson for #25 I could live with. No way you trade CJ. If this team is going to draft a pass rusher then they would be doing it to team up with CJ not to replace CJ.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I have no problem with the Peterson trade. The overall effectiveness of the defense didn't change once he came back. Peterson was not a game changer. Now Jones on the other hand, has proven to be capable of altering a game and if the team can find someone who can demand attention opposite him then it will make him even more of a factor.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We're in a more urgent win now mode, with our QB on his rookie deal. Now's the time to keep our studs and overpay for more. We'll be rebuilding in 4 years.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...e-chandler-jones-patrick-peterson/2985899001/

AZCentral article but I think it reflects latest CBS mock. It has ARZ trading Jones for #3 pick (taking Okudah), trading #8 for #12 (taking Chaisson) & trading Peterson for #25 (taking Josh Jones). Doesn't make sense as ARZ seems to be in win now mode but if they are building for future then it would make sense.
It’s great projections like this that has created the level of respect they receive. That level being equivalent to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave