Draft Prospects you have recently Flip Flop on

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Was high on WR Ruggs III last week. Totally off of him now. Gotta be Lamb or no one for WR in the first.

Growing more and more on Andrew Thomas being out OT pick at 8. Ready to start, can play either side, not the biggest upside but least likely to bust.

If we trade back to mid teens, I am good now on the Houston OT, Josh Jones. Huge and can run.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tristan Wirfs. I was high on him now not so much. I see him on the floor way to often and all athletic ability in the world won’t give him a mean streak.

I’m growing on Andrew Thomas more and more.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've wanted Derrick Brown all along. Not sure I've flip flopped that much but I've definitely warmed up to other players. Simmons is a no brainer as well as Okudah but neither of those 2 will be there at #8. I like Jeudy more than Lamb but would be fine with Lamb because of his connection to KM & this offense, plus his YAC ability. Andrew Thomas has been the OT I've wanted all along, have no clue why others have soured on him? His one main flaw can be corrected. He can play both sides, was a freshman all american RT at Georgia, then played the next 2 seasons there at LT. He's the most ready OT to plug & play right now imo. At the end of the day, it's rather silly for me to put up a wish list because I'm not SK lol. We're all just guessing & have no idea what the draft board looks like. I just want the BPA that can play right now & make our team better. Whether that be at #8 or a trade down to #12 etc etc.

Rain Man

Rookie
Reaction score
Jeudy

So much hype on Ruggs and Lamb though.

And I see jeudy as a beween Fitz and Hopkins. In talent and in uniform. He makes Kirk a 4th.

Ok Ruggs with amazing speed. But I see a wr the Rams got about 7 years ago. Austin???? Ya it didn't work

Lamb? I see how Murray likes him but now he can forget about favorites.

Jeudy

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I analyze what Keim has done I see us leaning toward Brown.

Hopkins is our new toy.
We kept the o-line intact.
We signed an OLB and an ILB
We signed a DL but many of us thought we needed two D-linemen.

Brown, Peters and Phillips would give us a very formidable 3 man front.

that being said I find myself wanting another Corvette rather than a Hummer.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am pretty set now on who all I would be happy for us to get and hope Cards are on a similar page.

Drafting at 8-12: any of these 6 - OT Thomas, DT Brown, LB Simmons, CB Okudah, WRs Lamb or Jeudy.

If we get a high enough extra pick to be able to draft another starter by trading back and missing out on those 6, then I will be fine with OT Josh Jones in R1.

Players I would be happy for us to get in later Rds:
WRs - Claypool, N.D.; Gandy-Golden, Liberty; Coulter, R.I.;
RBs - Akers, Florida St; Moss, Utah; Evans, App St; Taylor, AZ
DTs - Elliot, Miss;
Edge - Grenard, Fl; Anae, Utah
LBs - Brooks, TT; Phillips, LSU; Weaver, CA
CBs - Robinson II, Tulsa
S - Chinn, So Ill
OG/C - Simpson, Clem; Muti, Fresno St; Hennessey, Temple
TEs - Bryant, Fl Atl; Okwuegbunam, Miss

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I analyze what Keim has done I see us leaning toward Brown.

Hopkins is our new toy.
We kept the o-line intact.
We signed an OLB and an ILB
We signed a DL but many of us thought we needed two D-linemen.

Brown, Peters and Phillips would give us a very formidable 3 man front.

that being said I find myself wanting another Corvette rather than a Hummer.

I am afraid your right, and I don't want him. I think he has bust written all over him.

I am praying somehow someway simmons slips to us.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I started with Lamb, but after Hopkins I preferred Simmons. If he’s gone I’d take Lamb. Okudah wouldn’t upset me but I don’t see him being there. The same is true of a trade down if they acquire a second or 2 thirds in the deal.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Simmons is going to be a nucleus on D for whatever team he lands on. I just don’t see him slipping past Carolina at 7 after the LK retirement. But if it somehow happens, wow. We will be in a good position the next 2-3 years.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think we will see a scenario where Lamb, Wills, Brown, and Simmons are all there for our choosing. If Wirfs and Herbert get taken early, that'll be the case.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started with Lamb, but after Hopkins I preferred Simmons. If he’s gone I’d take Lamb. Okudah wouldn’t upset me but I don’t see him being there. The same is true of a trade down if they acquire a second or 2 thirds in the deal.

Same here. Went from all in on Lamb to Wills to back to Lamb.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is his main flaw?
Allowing his man to get his hands inside. Krangthebrain posted a video of Thomas in another thread. In that video, when the guy got his hands inside, Thomas gave up a little ground but never got beat for the sack. In that same video, he missed a gap switch on a DL'man but the next time they ran that switch, he knocked the guy on his arse lol. Both those plays were against Notre Dame best I can remember.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allowing his man to get his hands inside. Krangthebrain posted a video of Thomas in another thread. In that video, when the guy got his hands inside, Thomas gave up a little ground but never got beat for the sack. In that same video, he missed a gap switch on a DL'man but the next time they ran that switch, he knocked the guy on his arse lol. Both those plays were against Notre Dame best I can remember.
Thanks for the info.

:thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson