OT Trent Williams to Cards for R3 pick - could work?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Just read article saying Browns should get Williams for a third round pick #97. He didn't play last year and is 31, 7 time probowler, with couple good years left. If Browns could get him from Skins for the 97th, maybe we should offer our 72nd for him. Then we could use our R1 pick on BPA or WR

Thoughts?

Same article discussed Rosen going to Bucs to sit behind Brady and learn for two years. Should only cost 6-7 rounder is all. I would love to see Josh get such an opportunity.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Williams will be 32 in July and has not played a full season since 2013. He becomes an unrestricted free agent after next season, but this year's contract is at $15 million, not cheap. But some believe he's still at least a very solid player. If he wants to come to the Cards, he might be worth a third or fourth round draft pick. If he can regain his old form after missing last season, he could be a real difference maker to make the playoffs. Of course, he might just be with us one season, but as others have pointed out, might be time to go for it before KM gets a big contract.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Talent wise. Yes.

Salary Cap wise. No.

He is on the final year of his contract and has a 12,5m base salary.
There is No room to add that kind of salary and I would not give a long term Deal to a 32 yo player that hasn’t played a full season Since 2013 and hasn’t played a game Since december 2018.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Just read article saying Browns should get Williams for a third round pick #97. He didn't play last year and is 31, 7 time probowler, with couple good years left. If Browns could get him from Skins for the 97th, maybe we should offer our 72nd for him. Then we could use our R1 pick on BPA or WR

Thoughts?

Same article discussed Rosen going to Bucs to sit behind Brady and learn for two years. Should only cost 6-7 rounder is all. I would love to see Josh get such an opportunity.
Josh sucks. Good riddance

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't know if it's true, but here in NY it is being said that the Jets are offering a second round pick for him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Teams needing a LT would be smart to trade for Trent Williams. Yes you have to pay him but dude is a 7x pro bowler and can play another 3-5 years.

The real question is what is Washington going to do for a LT?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Charlie Weis is adamant Redskins shouldn't settle in any Trent Williams trade

There are several teams that need offensive line help, the Redskins included, that will likely target the position in the draft. The 2020 class is top-heavy at offensive tackle, as there is a major dropoff after the four top prospects at the position.

While all four of those left tackles -- Iowa's Tristan Wirfs, Louisville's Mekhi Becton, Georgia's Andrew Thomas, and Alabama's Jedrick Wills -- are expected to be first-rounders, Weis believes the current Redskins left tackle is the superior player of them all.

"Well, I can tell you, from [researching] those prospects and doing Trent Williams, Trent Williams is better than all of them," he said.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

"Well, I can tell you, from [researching] those prospects and doing Trent Williams, Trent Williams is better than all of them," he said.

But he doesn’t want to play for Redskins. That said Idon’t want a guy who hasn’t played a complete season in about ever. And this season will be at best truncated.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
But he doesn’t want to play for Redskins. That said Idon’t want a guy who hasn’t played a complete season in about ever. And this season will be at best truncated.

I don't want Trent Williams as a RT.

Now...trading him for Humphries. Yes. I would still do that in a heartbeat. That would be like trading a mediocre CB for PP21.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Don't know if it's true, but here in NY it is being said that the Jets are offering a second round pick for him.
I think the Browns and Jets are so desperate for an OT that They are willing to give it up if the draft do not Fall the way They expect

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

Now...trading him for Humphries. Yes. I would still do that in a heartbeat. That would be like trading a mediocre CB for PP21.
Definately not doing that Trade. One year left on a Deal so if you are giving up a High Price you also have to give him the extension.
He’s 32, hasn’t played a full season Since 2013 and hasn’t played a game in 17 months.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

you do know Trent Williams hasn’t played a full season since 2013

that would be the dumbest damn move this team could make

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Hell-to-the-HELLL YEAH!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose