Let me tell you who I want the Cardinals to draft at 8

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A freaking stud. I do not give a damn if it's a WR, OT, LB, DT, CB, DE I just want a difference maker. I want a guy which an opposing team in our division has to say twice a year "crap, we have to game plan for him"... "crap, we have do something in these drafts to equalize him"

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
A freaking stud. I do not give a damn if it's a WR, OT, LB, DT, CB, DE I just want a difference maker. I want a guy which an opposing team in our division has to say twice a year "crap, we have to game plan for him"... "crap, we have do something in these drafts to equalize him"

That would be Ruggs III.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I viewed a breakdown of some routes run by Ruggs. The speed is nice but this kid shifts hips like nothing I’ve seen before. Great hands. Outstanding special teams play for a bonus impact his first year.

no trade down, take at 8

STUD

trade down 100%

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree 1000%

Regardless of position I want a great player at 8.

I want to look back in a couple of years from now and be ecstatic that we got a stud with this pick.

Suggs, Adrian Peterson, Metcalf, and on and on and on. All of these great players the Cardinals could have drafted but were picked later by other teams and did great things.

Let’s hope that this year we land the Doncic and not the Ayton in this year’s draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I viewed a breakdown of some routes run by Ruggs. The speed is nice but this kid shifts hips like nothing I’ve seen before. Great hands. Outstanding special teams play for a bonus impact his first year.

no trade down, take at 8

STUD

Never had more that 750 yards. Never had more than 47 receptions. Upgraded JJ Nelson sucks

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree 1000%

Regardless of position I want a great player at 8.

I want to look back in a couple of years from now and be ecstatic that we got a stud with this pick.

Suggs, Adrian Peterson, Metcalf, and on and on and on. All of these great players the Cardinals could have drafted but were picked later by other teams and did great things.

Let’s hope that this year we land the Doncic and not the Ayton in this year’s draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmao Metcalf has a long long way to go before he can even be thought of in that class with hall of famers like Suggs and Peterson. By the way Metcalf went in what the 3rd? EVERY team in the NFL passed on him multiple times by the way stop acting like this dude had Moss rookie year he didn’t

just stop.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Put Lamb out there and let the opposing DC try to figure out how to cover Hopkins, Fitz & Lamb. Nobody’s that deep.
I've been saying that also. Most teams have 2 good CB's & some not even 2. Imagine the nightmares DC's would have worrying about covering Hopkins, Fitz, Lamb & Kirk. One could say KM would get pressured too much in 10 personnel with those 4, well............maybe? The flip side of that is the fact that if they rush too far, Kyler can take off & run. He also will have Drake leaking out of the backfield. Pick your poison as a DC, you can't defend everything. I'm not saying Lamb should be the choice but it sure would sweeten the options. He could learn from Larry & Hopkins. We kept 7 WR's last yr & Lamb would make 7. We have 6 right now because Arnold is listed as a TE, although he's more of a hybrid than anything. If any 2 of the 3 rookie WR's drafted in 2019 pan out in 2020, then the last one doesn't, his spot could be taken by Arnold.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I’m Warming more and more up to the idea that Unless a Okudah/Simmons Fall to #8, you Trade down with Tampa #14. They are desperate for OL and in a win now mode.

Pick up their 2nd and 6th.

At #14 you Can still get Kinlaw Or Brown (if he slides), Maybe one of the 4 OTs are still there and minimum one of the three WRs should be there.

With the Second Pick you Can Pick up another WR.

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Simmons would fill a great need we have to stop TEs from killing us each game. Nothing like having a great LB. So exciting watching one shut down play after play. One of my all time favs was Seau. Loved watching Kuechly also.

Love the great DTs also. Loved Mer!in Olsen, and the new DTs like Donald, even Suh. So am big on Derrick Brown, if not Simmons. Stopping the run in our division is a must.

But after all said and done, we should take the top plug and play OT if we can. If our top OT that fits our need perfectly is already gone, I don't want us to take one just to be taking one. From what I have read and heard, we should be after either Wirfs or Thomas.

If all 4 of the top studs are gone, and for whatever reason they don't want to spend our only pick in Rds 1&2 on a OLman, then I would love Ruggs. I think he would open up the whole field for our other WRs to work, and be the speedster coveted by most teams. plus, like Hopkins, he doesn't drop passes. I am sure they would have a bet going on who drops a pass next season. Since we are going to be a passing team, it makes total sense to me. If they feel certain that Murray's familiarity with Lamb trumps pure speed, I am okay with that too.

I am not a fan of trading back though. Stay put and take the greatest player we can who will fill a definite need for years to come. Great players make plays when most needed. Dont sacrifice one of those just to pick up an additional pick who may or may not turn out playing on a pro level.

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
+1

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Nothing will piss me off more than drafting someone at 8 and watching them sit for half or all of the season. We need a player that comes right in and dominates early. No more 2-3 year projects.

That’s why I’m all over Lamb or Brown

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson