Late Round RBs

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we are pretty solid when it comes to our RB room, but only in the short term. Drake is here for a year, Edmonds is already 1/2 way through his rookie deal.

I am not in favor of drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds, (unless Johnathan Taylor lasts until the 3rd)...but I am strongly in favor of us taking a RB in rounds 4-7 that could be a nice insurance policy for us. I have kind of zeroed in on 4 guys that I would like to see the Cards take 1 of them. In an ideal world these guys would show enough to become a starter/RB by committee guy next year so we are not paying 8+ million for a RB.

1. AJ Dillon (4th round?)
Height: 6-0. Weight: 247 40 Time: 4.53.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Big back who offers something the Cards currently don't have. He runs hard, but even with his 40 time he's not a speedster. He wasn't used a lot as a receiver, but he seems like he can catch when needed. I think it would be great to have a power back, but Dillon does have enough speed and wiggle to be a workhorse if needed.

2. Zach Moss (4th round?)
Height: 5-9. Weight: 223. 40 Time: 4.65.

Runs really hard. Has some medical concerns, but has a chance to be a potential starter IMO. I like his game a lot.

3. Michael Warren (5-6th round?)
Height: 5-9. Weight: 226. 40 Time: 4.58.

Nicknamed "Truck"..this kid runs hard and has some good moves.

4. Antonio Gibson (5th-6th round)
Height: 6-0. Weight: 223. 40 Time: 4.58

Is he a RB, or a WR? Put up a lot better receiving numbers, but also was pretty explosive when running the ball. Could be a jack of all trades athlete who might do well in our system.

What are everyone's thoughts on a later round RB. I think we should be drafting a RB in round 4-7 at least every 2 years. Their are always diamonds in the rough, and the shelf life of RB's is so short we need a constant influx of talent. I am glad Drake is back for this year, but I do not want to see the Cards spending big money on a RB anytime in the near future.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some good looking rb in that group i like that Florida st rb!!! Be good to get a wrecking ball type rb to go with drake in future

Also utah rb could work

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KK has said that they need to add another RB. I saw on a NFL Teams meetings tracker that the Cards met with RB Zack Moss at the Combine. I think they could get him in the 4th round.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
KK has said that they need to add another RB. I saw on a NFL Teams meetings tracker that the Cards met with RB Zack Moss at the Combine. I think they could get him in the 4th round.

Is take Moss in the 4th all day long. He runs hard, and if he stays healthy I think he could be a Drake caliber starter....meaning we could let Drake walk next year and save a bunch of money

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d love a guy like Dillon with Becton at guard and just run it down people’s throats. You need to respect the run that just makes our passing game so much easier

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d love a guy like Dillon with Becton at guard and just run it down people’s throats. You need to respect the run that just makes our passing game so much easier

Dillon is certainly a big back, but on the video he looks to stiff to be effective

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I like Dillon, the team needs a power back. It would be a lot like having Derrick Henry close to the goal line. Remember, it took Henry a couple of years to get going and look at him now. Both have the same 40 time, 4.53 seconds.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’d worry about Moss’ medicals. If they’re really good he’s got potential. Gibson and Evans are more 3rd string backs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Eno Benjamin will last until the 4th round. If so, I like him.

What round is Benjamin likely to go? He has good speed and looks to be pretty good at hitting the hole?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anthony McFarland is the guy I like

AJ Dillon I think would be my second choice.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Just watched some highlights of McFarland. I like him!

My #1 criteria for a RB at this point is someone that hits the hole hard! Maybe I just got so tired of watching DJ dance around behind the line of scrimmage and then fall down...but when Drake came in it was like night and day. He got the ball and was hitting the hole hard. A lot of his big runs wouldn't have happened if he didn't just pick hit the hole and bust through.

I think Moss, and now McFarland are the two guys who stand out in this regard.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm all for an RB in the 3rd round plus. As has been mentioned, I'd love Eno Benjamin. I also like Zach Moss. Plenty of other names in the mix that I'd be happy with.

I think the value at RB has been phenomenal the past few years, and looks to be there again this year. As many know, I'm not particularly fond of Drake or Edmonds, so I'd be happy to throw a dart or two at the position.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm all for an RB in the 3rd round plus. As has been mentioned, I'd love Eno Benjamin. I also like Zach Moss. Plenty of other names in the mix that I'd be happy with.

I think the value at RB has been phenomenal the past few years, and looks to be there again this year. As many know, I'm not particularly fond of Drake or Edmonds, so I'd be happy to throw a dart or two at the position.

In my opinion we should be drafting a RB round 4 or later, at least every 2 years...maybe every year.

The shelf life is so short, and it has been proven time and time again that once you get past the best 4-5 RB's in the league, the production is about the same. You are going to be hard pressed to find any RB in the NFL that puts together more than 3 good seasons in a row...so you might as well sign a rookie to a 4 year deal...run them till the tires fall off, and then have the next guy waiting in the wings.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In my opinion we should be drafting a RB round 4 or later, at least every 2 years...maybe every year.

The shelf life is so short, and it has been proven time and time again that once you get past the best 4-5 RB's in the league, the production is about the same. You are going to be hard pressed to find any RB in the NFL that puts together more than 3 good seasons in a row...so you might as well sign a rookie to a 4 year deal...run them till the tires fall off, and then have the next guy waiting in the wings.
Yep, that's really the way to look at it right now. I'm sure there will be a few exceptions, but it seems like it's the way to go.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Just saw that in 2018 McFarland went 21 carries for 298 yards and 2 TD's against Ohio St.

If we could get this guy in the 5th round I would be thrilled!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Maybe Eno Benjamin will last until the 4th round. If so, I like him.

There’s just something odd about his moves in the open field but it seems to work. Still have nightmares of that T-Cup game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose