Josh Rosen, the Chosen One

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He can talk about it if he wants.
I too like Rosen and can't think of anyone who was ever dumped into crappier situations to start a career.
With the right tutelage, and at least a half assed team around him, I'd like to see what he can do.

But bad teams also make bad decisions. I liked ROsen the person, but perhaps as a football player, he represents bad decision making??? Guess we'll never know.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There is something definitely wrong with him. A team drafted him with a top 10 pick and gives up on him a year later. A new team trades a second round pick for him and he can't beat out a 37 year old journeyman QB. That same team is now rumored to be spending a top 10 pick on another QB.

Before we say "he didn't have a chance"...if he was good, couldn't he have at least put up similar numbers to Fitzpatrick in Miami (same team/scheme)?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

If Rosen could play, he would have shown SOMETHING. That was what was alarming about Rosen, he didnt have a single good game his rookie year.

I still cant believe some here wanted to stick by him! Look how craptacular he was for Miami, while Fitzpatrick had a respectable year on the same team. Imagine how crappy the Cardinals would have been last year with Rosen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We can argue back & forth that Rosen was dealt a bad hand, but results are results. I’m stuck at home & watching Red Zone games from last year. Just watched some of the game between Dolphins & Cowboys early in the season. It’s obvious the game is still too fast for Josh. It just takes him too long to process. In the NFL, that’s death. He was exactly like that with us. I was all for drafting Rosen where we did, but was 1000% sure that we couldn’t pass on Murray with the 1st pick.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If Rosen could play, he would have shown SOMETHING. That was what was alarming about Rosen, he didnt have a single good game his rookie year.

I still cant believe some here wanted to stick by him! Look how craptacular he was for Miami, while Fitzpatrick had a respectable year on the same team. Imagine how crappy the Cardinals would have been last year with Rosen.

Revisionist history at its finest. He had several 4th-quarter comebacks, under that coaching staff. that's not nothing. Not saying he was an all-pro, or that he will be a starting QB ever again, but the above is patently false.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Revisionist history at its finest. He had several 4th-quarter comebacks, under that coaching staff. that's not nothing. Not saying he was an all-pro, or that he will be a starting QB ever again, but the above is patently false.

He had one game of over 80 QB rating.

Nothing revisionist about that. Craig Whelihan had 4th Quarter comebacks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had one game of over 80 QB rating.

Nothing revisionist about that. Craig Whelihan had 4th Quarter comebacks.

ESPN went over his debut and said he would of had the greatest debut ever for a rookie QB if it hadn’t been for all the drops.

let’s not forget about our god awful receivers. It’s not all on Rosen come on now. Also sacked 45 times in 12 games

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
ESPN went over his debut and said he would of had the greatest debut ever for a rookie QB if it hadn’t been for all the drops.

let’s not forget about our god awful receivers. It’s not all on Rosen come on now. Also sacked 45 times in 12 games

How do you account for how much better Fitzpatrick played for the Dolphins?

I'm not hearing the same excuses for Fitzpatrick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do you account for how much better Fitzpatrick played for the Dolphins?

I'm not hearing the same excuses for Fitzpatrick.

Did he? Fitzpatrick can light it up here and there and be the worst QB in the league the next game. His reputation is what it is at this point

everything I’ve heard is how the Dolphins are looking at a QB in this draft. That should tell you how well Fitzpatrick played.

I’m not saying Rosen is great or even good but good lord it takes some common sense when looking at his career especially here in AZ.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Did he? Fitzpatrick can light it up here and there and be the worst QB in the league the next game. His reputation is what it is at this point

everything I’ve heard is how the Dolphins are looking at a QB in this draft. That should tell you how well Fitzpatrick played.

I’m not saying Rosen is great or even good but good lord it takes some common sense when looking at his career especially here in AZ.

It would be nice to have a good young QB...

Two teams in the past 12 months had Josh Rosen for almost a full year and both witnessed him in practice and suck in live games...

He has literally shown NOTHING to even remotely think he has a future in the NFL.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I don't think you can compare Fitz and Rosen. Fitz is a gun slinger and can get away with throwing int, much like farve was of course he's not as good. Rosen was overly protective of the football and then panicked and tried to be Fitz and it went south in a hurry. I don't have high expectations for Rosen but you never know when the light might come on. He has skills just got to put them to work in the right system. IMO

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Two teams in the past 12 months had Josh Rosen for almost a full year and both witnessed him in practice and suck in live games...

He has literally shown NOTHING to even remotely think he has a future in the NFL.
Even Mariota found a new team. No team has traded for him after Miami if they thought he could be a good qb.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really think the Patriots should take a flyer on him
Then why haven’t they? They had ample amount of time to analyze his tape and become a successor to Brady. They also haven’t moved on Cam or Jameis either so that means none of the qb’s available are good for them. They probably want someone young and cheap.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Then why haven’t they? They had ample amount of time to analyze his tape and become a successor to Brady. They also haven’t moved on Cam or Jameis either so that means none of the qb’s available are good for them. They probably want someone young and cheap.

There is no need to get him now. Let the draft unfold because he is young and cheap too :)

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
I can understand defending Rosen's possible potential after his first year with the Cardinals. Yes, he was dealt a tough hand to play. But, after his second season with one of the up and coming head coaches in the NFL, Brian Flores, who gave him every chance, it's hard to see that potential anymore. And I don't think it has anything to do with Rosen acting so cocky before he was drafted..."all the teams who didn't pick me will regret it, etc. etc." He just doesn't look like an NFL QB. His accuracy is just not there. If it was just a matter of more game experience, I think Flores would've stuck with him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

:rolleyes:

That word really doesn't mean what you think it means.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose