The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with that but I also think we would have won a ring with Amare's injuries if we could have found someone to get him to stay focused and engaged on defense. You can see on plays like that and the game saving block of Duncan's jam to avoid the sweep by the Spurs in 05. This one...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He had all of the tools to be a good to great defender if he would have committed himself to it. Part of the issue was D'Antoni didn't give a damn about defense and if he made that so clear to the press and fans, one can only imagine the message he gave to players about it.

No doubt Amare had all the tools. That block on Duncan is insane.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not goaltending because the ball doesn't leave Duncan's hand before Amare blocks it.

I think they're referring to the first video, with Amare's block on Brad Miller. That one is really close to a goaltend and if it wasn't at the end of the game, I think it would have been called. Officials generally try to avoid deciding the game with a whistle at the buzzer unless the play is just way to blatant to let stand.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not goaltending because the ball doesn't leave Duncan's hand before Amare blocks it.

I was talking about Amare's block on Brad Miller because the ball might have been over the top of the rim when he blocked it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brad's shot was at its peak, not on the way down imo. But i think the rule is no touching the ball above the cylinder, but he got up so high. The straight on video looks like the ball is over the top of the cylinder. The side shot shows the ball a little more to the front of the cylinder.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D'oh, my bad. Yeah, I recall thinking at the time the block on Miller was a goaltend.

So appreciate having you on board. It's great to have another basketball fan posting!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And more about the Bulls.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bulls interview Bryan Colangelo.

Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

The Bulls interviewed former 76ers president Bryan Colangelo for top basketball operations position, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Colangelo also has been lead executive in Toronto and Phoenix.

11:20 AM - 8 Apr 2020

I'm surprised Bryan is getting another look anywhere. I thought he burned his bridges with his burner accounts.

For those that don't remember, Bryan Colangelo reportedly made a number of burner accounts on Twitter to throw many Sixers under the bus and also leak info on trades while Bryan was the President of Basketball Ops in Philly. I believe the final verdict ended up being they were Bryan's wife's accounts, or that's the story they spun to the media.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/...-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
On the basis of his father's name.

The titles on his resume are impressive.

His performances have not been.

He drafted Amare/Marion and signed Nash. That’s 10x better than anything our past 5 GM’s have done combined (low bar of course...).

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
He drafted Amare/Marion and signed Nash. That’s 10x better than anything our past 5 GM’s have done combined (low bar of course...).
I think both of those players’ signings are more attributed to Sr. Than Jr.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think both of those players’ signings are more attributed to Sr. Than Jr.

I'm not sure about Marion but I know Jerry Colangelo met with Amare before he was drafted because he a had a troubled youth. Of course that may not be taking anything away from Bryan Colangelo.

Superbone

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Marion but I know Jerry Colangelo met with Amare before he was drafted because he a had a troubled youth. Of course that may not be taking anything away from Bryan Colangelo.
Yes, I remember that Amare had a private workout with Jerry and then Jerry said he knew at that point that Amare was our guy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A previous Suns assistant GM being considered for the Bulls.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

ESPN Sources: Another candidate in serious talks to join Arturas Karnisovas' front office with the Chicago Bulls: Denver scout Pat Connelly, who was previously an assistant GM with Suns.

2:32 PM - 10 Apr 2020

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if the Suns are still airing their games on Twitch or not but ESPN has had a 2k20 tournament with a bunch of NBA players. This has the players talking some trash to each other and of course you know who is playing when you tune in.

Tonight is the semi-finals and both Booker and Ayton are still in it, if both of them win tonight then they'll meet in the finals. I would imagine one of them gets to the finals. I'll watch the finals if it ends up being Booker vs Ayton, so far I've only caught some clips on Twitter.

Montrezl Harrell vs Booker and Patrick Beverly vs Ayton tonight, winners meet in the finals.

You must be registered for see images attach

Superbone

Reaction score
It's kind of entertaining. I watched the Booker and Ayton quarterfinal matches. I'll be watching today.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker beat Harrell and then Ayton beat Patrick Beverly. Beverly is a huge trash talker and got so pissed when Ayton beat him that he literally walked away right before the game ended. Ayton picked the Suns in that game to beat the Nuggets, who Beverly used. So we'll have a Suns finale with Booker vs Ayton. I would like to see them both choose the Suns for all of their games, just 3 games of Suns vs Suns. Send a message to the league and ESPN.

Here's a quick video of Beverly pouting and walking away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave