****Rumor July 1st is the target date*****

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Using Arizona Spring Training sites for the season? I'm trying to picture how they could get all of the teams' games in.

Except for the threat of hurricane season, I would think that they could double their availability by utilizing Florida
Spring Training sites as well. The Valley of the Sun and The Sunshine State.

And I would expect that they would need a mini Spring Training period first.

Have you seen any details?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Using Arizona Spring Training sites for the season? I'm trying to picture how they could get all of the teams' games in.

Except for the threat of hurricane season, I would think that they could double their availability by utilizing Florida
Spring Training sites as well. The Valley of the Sun and The Sunshine State.

And I would expect that they would need a mini Spring Training period first.

Have you seen any details?

10 Spring Training Sites. Plus Phoenix Muni. Plus Chase Field Double-headers. 13 games a day,

Florida's are very spread out, and weather is more unpredicatible.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like a desperation move. The NFL is suggesting they may not start on time and we are nowhere near their season. I am missing baseball in the worst way but until someone like Rosenthal breaks this I believe this to be pie in the sky thinking.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like they’re pushing for late May...

July...May...hey I heard triple header 6 inning games played at Corona High School.

At least it is Passan saying it.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
10 Cactus League stadiums plus Chase Field, GCU Stadium and Phoenix Municipal.

Not arguing AZ doesn't have the infrastructure to attempt this from a field perspective. Having the facilities to try this is but a minor hurdle with something like this.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I like it for that reason alone!

Just remove the ability to steal bases and now no need to hold the runner.

Voila, everyone is apart from each other

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these guys are going to play in 5000 degree heat all summer? jesus. good luck with that.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awww Mr. Passan is worried about the Poor Millionaires who would be separated from their families for a few months. Not to mention they would probably be put up in a deplorable 5 star resort in Scottsdale during that time.

Meanwhile thousands of sailors have been crammed onto an Aircraft Carrier in the middle of the Pacific for half a year... Got a deadly virus on board. Suck it up Buttercup!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I have been saying...having the facilities is just one tiny piece to this. It is so unlikely and premature at this point

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff Wiser

@OutfieldGrass24

·
22m

So, the leaks that MLB is considering this, and MLB is considering that elicits two thoughts in my mind. First, I bet they talk about these "weird proposals" all the time, and second, MLB is taking full advantage of the current situation to throw some serious poo at the wall rn.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
these guys are going to play in 5000 degree heat all summer? jesus. good luck with that.

Triple headers at Chase would be in AC and then the rest of the games at night for the outdoor stadiums. It's hot but not undoable. I played through high school here and we had summer ball every summer that would be similar. The games were at night and you drink plenty of water. If I did it as a kid for free I'd do it as an adult for millions of dollars a year.

Plus there's no humidity so that helps. I'd much rather play a night game here with it 100 out and < 10% humidity than a place like the Dominican Republic with it 85 out and 80% humidity. At least a quarter of the league's players grew up playing there or in similar conditions.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There would be moderate humidity and chance of thunderstorms from shortly after the Fourth to Labor day. Should be fine the Giants/Firebirds used to do it every summer.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why do you need to create divisions? Just have the standings like they are in spring training, one giant mess and have that kind of fun with it.

Interesting on the full DH rule.

I still think we are so far away from a season that this is foolishness but the all AZ plan makes more sense to me in the age of COVID