Phillips Sounds Determined

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Was Phillips & Ed Oliver even on the field at the same time much? All the highlights I saw of Phillips was either being on the field without Oliver or being on the sideline cheering while Oliver was playing. Not saying you're wrong, just what I observed from his mix tape when we signed him.

That is correct. Ed Oliver (54% of snaps) and Jordan Phillips (52%) pretty much alternated at the same position.

I watched several games after we got Phillips. Two totally different style of players...I would much rather have Oliver. He is going to be very good.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was a good interview. Big guy loves bowling and bowled a 299 game.

He also just had a baby girl the last two weeks.

He said some concerning things around not working out/training properly and that his #1 priority is her safety. I get it but when you are a professional and getting paid 10's of millions of dollars plus you are already a huge human being...I think you have to find a way to do both.

I wonder how much of an issue this will be with a lot of players.

This will also stunt rookie growth IMO. Might mean we are more willing to take a player that will not be an immediate starter this year (more upside/thinking about 2021).

This. The way he worded I don't believe he is exercising in any way, shape, or form...That comment was a huge red flag (plus the camera angle that was making him look extra doughy wasn't helping)

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man, how do you go out and roll a 9 on your last ball. I'd break something.

I bowled 300 twice before I was 18 (back in the '70s when it was actually difficult) and also 299 once. It's excruciatingly disappointing to get that close and fail.

I bowled my first 300 at 16. 40 lanes of junior leagues all bowling at once. Word got around that I was close, and the entire joint stopped to watch my 3 strikes in the 10th frame. You could hear a pin drop. Talk about pressure! Somehow I finished it out. Still have the oxidizing trophy from 1973 on my bookcase.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave