7-Michael Warren II - RB

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Was looking for the Zoom interview and saw this...don't remember it being posted:

Kliff Kingsbury remembered thinking he was going to get fired during Cardinals' first game

“I’m not exaggerating, I was thinking, ‘I can’t believe I just bought that house. I’m gonna be here two games and they’re gonna fire me.’ That was about the highest anxiety I’ve ever had on the sidelines. Truly anything we tried to do was a complete disaster.”

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. Butler = no idea.
2. Allen = Some idea.
yeah at least Allen played. also his response to Keim on the phone when he got drafted was awesome. "thank your drafting me sir, I cant wait to get to AZ and **** some people up"
Allen has the right attitude while Butlers twitter antics combined with poor play will likely get him cut this year or next.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nice draft. I'm leaning Wills now though, because I think he will be better earlier.
I think you will be surprised in how Wirfs's quickness helps him out. Wills is tough because I don't necessarily see anything special about him. I wouldn't hate the pick but I would be more meh.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I think you will be surprised in how Wirfs's quickness helps him out. Wills is tough because I don't necessarily see anything special about him. I wouldn't hate the pick but I would be more meh.

Yeah, I hate it when the Cardinals draft nasty, uber-physical, flawless technicians over ultra-athletic projections with tons of potential. Oh wait!!!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think you are overlooking technique as what makes Wills special. I'm not an expert on OL technique, but when you watch videos made by people who are, they fawn over how good Wills technique is.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

If you remember the Levi Brown draft, one of the arguments of why the Cardinals like Levi Brown more than Joe Thomas is that he was a better athlete.

You want freak athletes on the offensive line, but when you see Wirfs technique broken down he has some major issues. Same with Andrew Thomas. And then Becton has no technique LOL.

If none of the 1st round caliber linemen improve technique, then Wills is the best.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I agree with krang for the most part. Will's for me if it's a RT you seek, but it's Thomas for me if you seek a LT. If you in a good position to gamble take Becton. Wirfs to me is a guard unless he decides to commit to getting better. I see him as lazy and has gotten by on his athletism. Of course these are my opinions and could be way off base.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah, I hate it when the Cardinals draft nasty, uber-physical, flawless technicians over ultra-athletic projections with tons of potential. Oh wait!!!
Here is the thing...as an offensive lineman you have to worry about both speed and power when facing the most difficult defensive players. When you have the ability to nullify one of those areas, it makes it much easier for you to have success. With Wirfs, his exceptional athleticism will enable him to focus on combating the bull rush and anchor accordingly knowing he has the ability to adjust to the speed rush if needed. Same goes for Becton and his innate ability to nullify the physical rush. Wills has neither of these which will make his adjustment more difficult.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Here is the thing...as an offensive lineman you have to worry about both speed and power when facing the most difficult defensive players. When you have the ability to nullify one of those areas, it makes it much easier for you to have success. With Wirfs, his exceptional athleticism will enable him to focus on combating the bull rush and anchor accordingly knowing he has the ability to adjust to the speed rush if needed. Same goes for Becton and his innate ability to nullify the physical rush. Wills has neither of these which will make his adjustment more difficult.

I'll be happy with either Wirfs, Becton or Brown tbh.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree with krang for the most part. Will's for me if it's a RT you seek, but it's Thomas for me if you seek a LT. If you in a good position to gamble take Becton. Wirfs to me is a guard unless he decides to commit to getting better. I see him as lazy and has gotten by on his athletism. Of course these are my opinions and could be way off base.
Yeah...I don't get the lazy comment. You aren't a three year starting offensive lineman at Iowa (as a true Jr.) when you are lazy. You aren't a semi finalist for lineman of the year if you are lazy. He is physically gifted and played both RT and LT last year very effectively.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Updated depth chart:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
I bet Peter's is still playing NT and alford will start outside over murphy. Murphy will be nickel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score

Athleticism and speed just mean you’re in the wrong place faster and look good when you get there. None of which matters in the NFL as has been proven since the sport was invented. See Jonathan Cooper and Haason Reddick.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yeah...I don't get the lazy comment. You aren't a three year starting offensive lineman at Iowa (as a true Jr.) when you are lazy. You aren't a semi finalist for lineman of the year if you are lazy. He is physically gifted and played both RT and LT last year very effectively.
I don't mean lazy on the field. I mean in the film room or just working on technique. I don't see him improving his technique at all over that time span. That's why I say getting by on his athletic ability .

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Athleticism and speed just mean you’re in the wrong place faster and look good when you get there. None of which matters in the NFL as has been proven since the sport was invented. See Jonathan Cooper and Haason Reddick.
Did you just really say that the NFL has proven over the years that athleticism and speed do not matter?

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Did you just really say that the NFL has proven over the years that athleticism and speed do not matter?

No, my point is that there are countless examples of superior athletes flaming out in the NFL due to poor football instincts, technique, and smarts. I even sighted some fairly recent examples with the Cardinals.

That does not mean Wirfs will flame out, but there’s certainly enough evidence on film that he is not the sure thing that most of you believe just because he’s versatile and blew up the combine.

I personally prefer actual football players that show up in pads between the white lines than guys that do it in shorts around stationary cones.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA