Who do we draft now at #8?

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Gambo was saying yesterday that the Cardinals love Brown and now he's changing his tune.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the amount of screens, pulling, & not a BA-esque long developing passing plays, I think I have finally decided that Wirfs fits this offense more than Wills. It’s not like he’s a project either. Great at run blocking, but just needs to improve his pass-blocking.

Now, if this was BA’s offense? Then yea, Wills over Wirfs all the way.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to mention, pass-rushers won’t be able to go at him 100% since they have to respect Kyler’s athleticism unlike the statue QBs they had at Iowa.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I part of me (lizard brain) wants Becton. Big Man Bash Opposition. :)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still 50/50 on Wirfs/Wills. Wills will be better day 1 and its critical Kyler plays confidently in the pocket.

However....are we looking at a trade down?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Still 50/50 on Wirfs/Wills. Wills will be better day 1 and its critical Kyler plays confidently in the pocket.

However....are we looking at a trade down?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Talk about a low ceiling pick...ugh on Josh Jones.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
2020 NFL Draft: Offensive Tackle Rankings
  • Home /
  • NFL /
  • 2020 NFL Draft: Offensive Tackle Rankings
By Athlon Sports, 4/7/20, 11:00 AM EDT

Alabama's Jedrick Wills Jr. is part of an impressive group of OT prospects in this year's draft
Teams looking for help at offensive tackle in the 2020 NFL Draft are in luck because this year's class is deep and full of quality prospects. Four offensive tackles were taken in the first round last year, a number that's likely to be topped by the 2020 class.

As part of Athlon Sports' 2020 NFL Draft Guide, we have ranked each position, including 40 offensive tackles. This year's class is headlined by a pair of Georgia Bulldogs along with standouts from Alabama, Louisville, and Iowa. These linemen are not only but also young. Five of Athlon's top six tackle prospects are draft-eligible juniors with the other in this group a sophomore. A total of seven tackles received first-round grades, so expect to see quite a few go when the first round of this year's draft commences on April 23.

2020 NFL Draft: Offensive Tackle Rankings
Rk Player School
1 Andrew Thomas Georgia
2 Jedrick Wills Jr. Alabama
3 Mekhi Becton Louisville
4 Tristan Wirfs Iowa
5 Isaiah Wilson Georgia
6 Austin Jackson USC
7 Josh Jones Houston
8 Lucas Niang TCU
9 Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn
10 Ezra Cleveland Boise State

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truth is we will get a high quality player who we can justify. We might differ on biggest needs but I believe we will fill a need one way or another.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it crazy or do the top picks seems more concrete now?

I think Miami or the Chargers may trade ahead of each other to get the QB they want but the other picks stay the same.

Cincy - Burrows
Wash - Young
Detroit - Okudah
NYG - OT
Miami - QB
Chargers - QB
Carolina - ?

Carolina is the one I can't figure out right now.
With Kuechly history in this scenario, they could eye Simmons

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I was able to watch the condensed games on NFL GamePass which is a great way to see just plays, and I will be happy with an OL or Def player. Imagining DHop in those games got me excited and the thought of Kyler even having 1 or 2 more seconds was even more exciting. On the other side, teams gashed us in runs and TE's so with what we did in FA and hopefully more in the draft I'm officially off a WR at 8, I wouldn't be mad about it but right now that's not as pressing as getting our trenches tight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA