Josh Rosen, the Chosen One

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
What a disaster so far for a kid who could have had a promising career. Smart with, NFL tools. I would love for Belichick to pick him up for a late round pick, give him a complete start over, as if he was a rookie. Let him build some confidence sitting on the bench for a year or two, and put his brains together with a coach who can relate to him intellectually. Lot of damage to overcome, but possible if all pressure removed for a while, with a coach who can relate to what he has gone through.

Just maybe, with the right coach, lots of patience, and a rebirth of confidence, he could turn into a Jim Plunkett story.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He can talk about it if he wants.
I too like Rosen and can't think of anyone who was ever dumped into crappier situations to start a career.
With the right tutelage, and at least a half assed team around him, I'd like to see what he can do.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not agree
The 95% of the qb's didn't and won't have the chances he had

you got to be kidding me. Yeah ok

ok rookie here’s the single worst HC and offensive coordinator I’ve ever seen. The worst offensive line in the sport literally taking guys off the street cause injuries destroyed it, the worst WR core in the NFL. Sacked 45 times in 12 games

then goes to Miami a team that made no secret they were tanking.

come on now

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he has the potential then why no team has traded for him?? Fole, Bridgewater, even Keenum has signed and traded for big deals yet no one wants Rosen. Tape is out their. If some team wanted him, they would have got him.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
If he has the potential then why no team has traded for him?? Fole, Bridgewater, even Keenum has signed and traded for big deals yet no one wants Rosen. Tape is out their. If some team wanted him, they would have got him.
why were we able to steal Carson Palmer and Kurt Warner? I think we overestimate the intelligence of a lot of coaches and GM’s in this league.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
why were we able to steal Carson Palmer and Kurt Warner? I think we overestimate the intelligence of a lot of coaches and GM’s in this league.
Because Oakland had Carr and Giants had Eli. Come on now. Not ONE Gm or coach has traded for Rosen. And they know damn well Tua or another Qb is the future. He couldn’t even start over Fitztragic. If Beli sees his potential then he would’ve traded for him. But he didn’t and they have no qb. Let’s get real.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because Oakland had Carr and Giants had Eli. Come on now. Not ONE Gm or coach has traded for Rosen. And they know damn well Tua or another Qb is the future. He couldn’t even start over Fitztragic. If Beli sees his potential then he would’ve traded for him. But he didn’t and they have no qb. Let’s get real.

didn’t Miami trade for him?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't figure it out. You can sell me that he isn't ready to be a starter but he can't be a back up when Blaine Gabbert is still around?

Top it off by he certainly seems like a nice guy.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
There is something definitely wrong with him. A team drafted him with a top 10 pick and gives up on him a year later. A new team trades a second round pick for him and he can't beat out a 37 year old journeyman QB. That same team is now rumored to be spending a top 10 pick on another QB.

Before we say "he didn't have a chance"...if he was good, couldn't he have at least put up similar numbers to Fitzpatrick in Miami (same team/scheme)?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wonder when some folks are going to start blaming the player himself & maybe think about the player making the situation crappier on his own.

Jake Plummer made a career out of blaming everyone and everything around him......but him.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watched Rosen at UCLA and couldn't believe the NFL hype he was receiving as he came out of that program. I kept asking myself, what do these smart guys see in this guy that I'm not seeing? Was never impressed. Yeah, he fell into 2 lousy situations, but bottom line is he's NOT an NFL quarterback. The "experts" were fooled. Happened before, it will happen again. Frequently.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Carr wasn’t drafted until 2014. CP was traded prior to 2013 draft leaving the Raiders with Terrell Pryor and Matt Flynn as their QB’s. They didn’t know they were getting Carr when they traded CP.

As for Kurt Warner, many people disagreed with the decision for the Giants to bench him when they were five and three and still in the playoff hunt. He went on to prove he was still an elite QB with us even though everyone thought he was done.

Oh, and the Dolphins traded for Rosen.

Rain Man

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok so why does Rosen get a free pass? Both Rosen and Murray were rookies. Yes Murray was familiar with the system but on the same level Rosen played with vanilla.

Rosen sucks is what it is and someone prove me wrong.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok so why does Rosen get a free pass? Both Rosen and Murray were rookies. Yes Murray was familiar with the system but on the same level Rosen played with vanilla.

Rosen sucks is what it is and someone prove me wrong.

I bet you if Rosen had KK as a coach, one that would work with his strengths and weaknesses, Rosen would have played a little better. He's been on 2 really bad teams. Did he have the chance to shine when he became a started in Miami, yes, but they were in tank mode and players then had zero drive to win games.

Rain Man

Rookie
Reaction score
I bet you if Rosen had KK as a coach, one that would work with his strengths and weaknesses, Rosen would have played a little better. He's been on 2 really bad teams. Did he have the chance to shine when he became a started in Miami, yes, but they were in tank mode and players then had zero drive to win games.

I wanted to like him but too many red flags after he was drafted. Tree hugging atheist that can't read a defense. Go Murray

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But it was a much better team with Fitzpatrick so the comparison by results is there, or the team decided to tank just with him?
Rosen 1 TD and 5 interception in 6 starts , his rating is stable around 50/60
Even Ryan Lindley can't put those numbers
Fitzpatrick 20 tds in 10 starts
I think any excuses regarding Rosen is just pathetic and shouldn't be anymore argument of discussion

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose