THE Newcastle United FC thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, what a way to lose. Oof. That is the Santonio Holmes tip toe in the end zone equivalent. They go up next season if Grigg finds the net. Considering how much they paid for him, they should have just paid their striker to stay.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh man, what a way to lose. Oof. That is the Santonio Holmes tip toe in the end zone equivalent. They go up next season if Grigg finds the net. Considering how much they paid for him, they should have just paid their striker to stay.

They weren't ever going to keep Maja in the 2nd division. What they should have done is decided a move up in leagues was way more important than...what was it, a million and a half Euros? They should have kept him until the end of the season and forgot about getting money for him. Promotion was way bigger.

Also, with the season winding down (if they ever finish it) Sunderland are sat in 7th place, 1 place outside of the playoffs, on goal difference. Only 3 points off automatic promotion (not counting goal difference), so it's tight. And Will Grigg? Forget about it. He has 1 goal in 2 league appearances.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They weren't ever going to keep Maja in the 2nd division. What they should have done is decided a move up in leagues was way more important than...what was it, a million and a half Euros? They should have kept him until the end of the season and forgot about getting money for him. Promotion was way bigger.

Also, with the season winding down (if they ever finish it) Sunderland are sat in 7th place, 1 place outside of the playoffs, on goal difference. Only 3 points off automatic promotion (not counting goal difference), so it's tight. And Will Grigg? Forget about it. He has 1 goal in 2 league appearances.

You are absolutely right about holding onto him. If they get promoted, then maybe he stays. I would have risked him leaving too.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Huge win. That handbags confrontation in the 1st half was a godsend, as it gave both players a yellow, and the Blades defender was off early in the 2nd with his 2nd yellow. Still, a 3-0 win was massive, and put the Mags at 38 points. Now if they can go on to beat Man City on Sunday to advance in the FA Cup. Yeah, doesn't seem likely, with the form Man City's in.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Maybe now the media can stop going down on Brucie boy. Jesus, that was ugly. When asked why Shar, who as a CM makes an excellent CB, when he had other options in midfield, he said he wanted "physicality." Effing clueless, plodding manager who struggles to do well at the Championship level. A never-was dinosaur of a manager. But hey, he's a nice guy!

Why don't those media flunkies ever bring his name up when jobs like Arsenal or Man U are open? Oh, right, because he's not actually any good.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Was my post taken down? Cannot blame the mods one bit if it was. Sorry, but the screw job by the Premier League really got me going. Mea culpa.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Still no word from the league and that criminal Masters. Oh and Liverpool and Tottenham have become public enemy #1 an #2 teams for me. If Sunderland were back in the PL, I'd want them to do better than those two backstabbing clubs.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Inexplicably, Mike Ashley released the barest essential funds when they were absolutely needed, and strengthened the squad juuuust enough that maybe they won't have to fight relegation all season. Maybe. Steve Bruce IS still their coach, after all.

Well, the season kicks off in an hour!

You must be registered for see images attach

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Best of luck with the season.

Should be an interesting start across Europe with a quicker restart and so much still unsettled in the transfer market

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Howay the lads! Great win to start the season, and two goals and an assist for the new boys.

Edit: We're in a Champion's League spot, only off the top of the league in GD :D

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So I woke up this morning and said. You know what? Let me have a look at some referees this morning, and shockingly they really came through for me. Nice point for Newcastle though. They took their one chance and spurs can only hope to one day be as ruthless as the FA refs are. How do i buy a referee kit?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
So I woke up this morning and said. You know what? Let me have a look at some referees this morning, and shockingly they really came through for me. Nice point for Newcastle though. They took their one chance and spurs can only hope to one day be as ruthless as the FA refs are. How do i buy a referee kit?

Steve Bruce is HORRIFIC! One shot on goal in 2 premier league games, and that was a penalty gift. I mean, we have some good new players, and Bruce is coaching to relegation form. Shambolic.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Steve Bruce is HORRIFIC! One shot on goal in 2 premier league games, and that was a penalty gift. I mean, we have some good new players, and Bruce is coaching to relegation form. Shambolic.
well the silver lining is that darlow played well. on another day it would have been 3 or more goals for spurs.

I don't know if it is true, but I read somewhere that the FA has asked their refs to stand down a bit with the handball decisions. I hope it goes back to the way it used to be.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
well the silver lining is that darlow played well. on another day it would have been 3 or more goals for spurs.

I don't know if it is true, but I read somewhere that the FA has asked their refs to stand down a bit with the handball decisions. I hope it goes back to the way it used to be.

Yeah, the big 6 started whining, and when they whine, things change.

Oof, Bruce is just pathetic. Had to go through nail-biting penalties to beat NEWPORT today in the cup.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
FFS, can we fire this muppet yet? Sets up to park the bus, has maybe 10 percent possession in the 2nd half, and only got a draw because the Mags got a lucky free kick at the edge of the area and Murphy had a moment of individual brilliance. There is no plan, and you can tell there isn't, because old cabbage head whinges whenever the fans point out he doesn't have a plan.

Oh, wait, I'm selling Brucey Boy short--he does have a plan. Better lucky than good is his plan.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Really good and deserved win today. Brucey boy gets credit when he does right, and he did right today. I hated the idea of a back five AGAIN, but he didn't go uber-defensive with his tactics, so well done. Callum Wilson has been a cracking signing.

The only negative is that Jeff Hendrick has selection armor--he stinks, but is an auto selection because he works hard. He's a donkey, though, and super negative. With very rare exception, he not only passes backwards, but doesn't even look up to SEE if there's a forward option, let alone try to turn upfield with the ball. He's the Newcastle version of Kyle Beckerman--just a waste of a midfield spot.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ugh, another scared, cowardly Steve Bruce special. Newcastle have now given up the most shots and have the fewest shots in the PL. Cabbage head is such a disgrace of a coach. Can't say we have a relegation squad either, or don't have attacking options in the side. He is spoiled for choice. All the attacking talent in the world will fail if you handcuff them, though.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
This is the extent of Steve Bruce's "tactics," in pictures:

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Game should have been over at the half because old Cabbage Head gives the team absolutely zero chance to win with his cowardly "tactics." What happens in the second half, when he actually allows the team to TRY? Miracle of miracles, they get some shots off, show some attacking threat, and actually had a CHANCE to get an equalizer! They didn't, but at least there was a chance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose