DJ traded to the Texans for DeAndre Freaking Hopkins

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don’t understand how they can’t go to the team complex and not take a physical?

people in this country are still going to work everyday and these guys can’t figure out how to get these guys physicals

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This is the best offseason that I can remember. Keim selects the right pick at #8 and this team is ready to compete.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler knew about the potential of Dhop deal a couple days before it happened. So I guess they are keeping him in the loop on future moves.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ssed-physicals/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So according to PFT, the trade still isn’t official because neither player can take their physical. This could be a problem come draft day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never really considered that. Draft is only 3 weeks away. This needs to get done ASAP!

At least BOB is still happy with the trade:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/03/bill-o-brien-hopkins-trade-explanation

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I really don’t understand how they can’t go to the team complex and not take a physical?

people in this country are still going to work everyday and these guys can’t figure out how to get these guys physicals

I'm pretty sure in the stay at home order states, that freaking football hasn't been declared essential.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure in the stay at home order states, that freaking football hasn't been declared essential.

no it’s not but going to a team facility to get a physical shouldn’t be a big deal. Hell Arizona up until a couple days ago was pretty much still open and Texas the same. This isn’t SF and NY were talking about here.

I still see people golfing out my window every damn day.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bump I have this in a other Thread:

This should scare you alot, DJ almost failed the initial Physical over his wrist, both teams have a very clear out to stop the trade with the physical or even by not having one. Say another team were to offer more, they could fail DJ per his wrist and renege on the deal quite easily, this needs to be done before draft. Let's pray this ends quick. They must have this done before the draft or agree with no Physicals prior to the draft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...eandre-hopkins-still-havent-passed-physicals/

"As one source explained it to PFT, Johnson has had a preliminary physical performed on his wrist, which was injured in Week One of the 2017 season. He passed that portion of the physical, despite reduced range of motion that initially caused the doctor (not an NFL doctor) to hesitate. Johnson still has to take a physical as to the rest of his body.

Put simply, if Johnson or Hopkins fail their physicals, the trade will be off. As a practical matter, that gives both the Texans and the Cardinals an out, if they want to avoid the deal — and if they can persuade their doctors to give either guy an “F” on his physical."

"Then there’s the bigger question of what happens with the second-round pick that the Cardinals will be sending to the Texans and the fourth-round pick that the Texans will be sending to the Cardinals? If the physicals aren’t done and the trade isn’t done, how can the 2020 draft picks that were part of the deal change hands?
As one source explained it to PFT, the 2020 draft picks mean that the physicals will have to be done by the start of the draft, or the two sides will have to come up with other terms."

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is maybe cause of stupid virus why physical are being delayed?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
no it’s not but going to a team facility to get a physical shouldn’t be a big deal. Hell Arizona up until a couple days ago was pretty much still open and Texas the same. This isn’t SF and NY were talking about here.

I still see people golfing out my window every damn day.

Hopkins is in Los Angeles, I believe.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bump I have this in a other Thread:

This should scare you alot, DJ almost failed the initial Physical over his wrist, both teams have a very clear out to stop the trade with the physical or even by not having one. Say another team were to offer more, they could fail DJ per his wrist and renege on the deal quite easily, this needs to be done before draft. Let's pray this ends quick. They must have this done before the draft or agree with no Physicals prior to the draft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...eandre-hopkins-still-havent-passed-physicals/

"As one source explained it to PFT, Johnson has had a preliminary physical performed on his wrist, which was injured in Week One of the 2017 season. He passed that portion of the physical, despite reduced range of motion that initially caused the doctor (not an NFL doctor) to hesitate. Johnson still has to take a physical as to the rest of his body.

Put simply, if Johnson or Hopkins fail their physicals, the trade will be off. As a practical matter, that gives both the Texans and the Cardinals an out, if they want to avoid the deal — and if they can persuade their doctors to give either guy an “F” on his physical."

"Then there’s the bigger question of what happens with the second-round pick that the Cardinals will be sending to the Texans and the fourth-round pick that the Texans will be sending to the Cardinals? If the physicals aren’t done and the trade isn’t done, how can the 2020 draft picks that were part of the deal change hands?
As one source explained it to PFT, the 2020 draft picks mean that the physicals will have to be done by the start of the draft, or the two sides will have to come up with other terms."

I would suggest ignoring Florio and Schefter for a while. They are clearly holding water for big market GMs who aren't happy about the draft still happening. Their messaging is very clearly linked to displeasure about the draft not being bumped. Since the disgruntled have been effectively cut off from complaining by Goodell, they are resorting to prodding their media mouthpieces as usual.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would suggest ignoring Florio and Schefter for a while. They are clearly holding water for big market GMs who aren't happy about the draft still happening. Their messaging is very clearly linked to displeasure about the draft not being bumped. Since the disgruntled have been effectively cut off from complaining by Goodell, they are resorting to prodding their media mouthpieces as usual.

That would he awesome but 5 deals have been nixed to this no physical issue, I could easily see a team offer a 1st and more than DJ, to beat Cards out and they renege on the deal due to DJs wrist

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There seems to be a battle on the forum about drafting a WR or a OT with our pick in the 1st round. I hope my comment doesn’t piss anyone off but I seem to lean towards drafting a WR. Only because of what is going on with this trade. If the trade was official and everything is a done deal then my mind would change.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose