Precious Achiuwa

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Precious Achiuwa is a 6'9" 225 pound freshman from Memphis who has a 7'2.25" wingspan.

Some mocks list him as a small forward/power forward. My guess he will play power forward in the NBA.

Precious is an athletic player that can run the court, defend, play above the rim, rebound and block shots.

NBA Draft Room describes him as such:

Overview

Precious Achiuwa is a big wing/combo forward with elite level athletic ability. He's got a strong frame with great length and explosive leaping ability. He has great coordination and body control. He can play the 4 position but his best NBA position will be as a big wing and he's already showing that skill set.

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/precious-achiuwa.html

In the mocks, Tankathon has him ranked #29, NBADraft.net #18 and NBA Draft Room #14.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some video which shows his skills.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Biggest knocks on him are inconsistent motor and his preference to play on the perimeter rather than inside. Basically a forward version of Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Athletically Achiuwa is one of the more exciting players in the draft for his position. If he develops there is a resemblance to Siakam.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think Achiuwa is one of the most “boom or bust” prospects in this draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Achiuwa is one of the most “boom or bust” prospects in this draft.

This player's video blew me away. His upside is way up there if he develops a consistent shot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I disagree with describing him as playing above the rim. He’s a good athlete but not explosive. What I do see that should be translatable at the next level is (a) he’s tenacious - that will be incredibly welcome in the rebounding department; and (b) he has some of the best body control for a big that I think I’ve seen in a loooiong time. I like him as a prospect at our draft slot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson