Let’s Talk About Lamb

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All you need is a Ferrari, ageing BMW and wannabe Mercedes.

We have a top 5 WR room in the league.

The idea we need to add another WR with pick 8 is ludicrous when you consider almost every other position group on the roster is bottom 10 in the league. Even after FA.

You know what. Let's just draft 6 WRs. That makes about as much sense.

You know what?

I was about to suggest developing a sense of humour, but that would be a waste.

WO at #8 is a possibility despite what you have to say ad nauseam.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The draft is about being proactive... not acting like a chicken with its head cutoff and drafting for need later because you did not handle the future with the present draft properly

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And where would I find a story stating that KM no longer wants Lamb?

Quite funny isn’t it. The other side of this debate always talk in absolutes even when evidence is presented to the opposite. When evidence is asked of them, if it doesn’t fit the narrative, it’s just brushed aside.

Last edited:

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There isn't one. I'm sure he'd still like to play with his friend. I'd stump for my buddy to come work with me even if my team needed an ops guy more than an analyst.

But what if the analyst (your buddy) was one of the best analysts you ever worked with and became available only at that time? Maybe you would think slightly longer term as you other analyst friend was retiring soon. Also you have a young ops guy in place who might work out with more experience.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
People and the media are so quick to annoint the next superstar, just so they can tear them apart in a year or so. Man's played 5 games.
Get with the program. We’re supposed to be making general conclusions about one’s entire career after five games. That’s what social media has taught me.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let’s not talk about Lamb because it’s too painful to think about him and Hop in the same lineup.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Solar7 and BritCard should probably not post with any degree of confidence in their NFL takes ever again.

WOW

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lamb is good but Henry Ruggs is the guy id want on this team

looks like Lamb isn’t gonna bust eh (I actually preferred Ruggs, as well)

also, lol at all the LET’S NOT ANOINT HIM YET guys....you do realize that rookies don’t generally get...worse, right? Lmao

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Lamb at 40 targets to Kirk’s 21.
Solar7 and BritCard should probably not post with any degree of confidence in their NFL takes ever again.

WOW
I never said Lamb wasn't going to be a good player. Just not the right fit for us in the moment. As far as targets go, you have to look at gameflow. Dak's been in exactly one game all season where his team didn't need to score more than 35 points to win on account of his trash defense. He had 222 attempts to Kyler's 181. Kirk missed a full game, and part of the Washington game too. So, a 19 target discrepancy means absolutely nothing.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not the right fit for us was premised on Kirk (our #2 going forward) being better than Lamb. That seems clearly wrong at this point. You seemed to think it was not possible.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not the right fit for us was premised on Kirk (our #2 going forward) being better than Lamb. That seems clearly wrong at this point. You seemed to think it was not possible.
Find me a single post in this entire thread that says anything of the sort. Because I just went through this thread, and I sure couldn't. The argument the whole time was that Lamb is a great player but we couldn't afford to invest in the luxury of taking him. I still stand by that.

I like Lamb, and think he's very talented. Before we acquired Hopkins, I would have been very excited about adding him to this offense. Of course I can see the allure of having four bonafide WRs, but the fact of the matter is, I can't possibly endorse it when there are glaring trouble spots.

Added in to all of that is that it's not like Lamb is a sure thing. None of the WRs are. It'll be laughable if we draft Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs, and they turn into Corey Davis, Mike Williams, or John Ross, while our defense and offensive line continue to get exploited in a division tailor-made to rush the passer and run the ball.

Don't get me wrong Harry, I was super excited about Lamb before the acquisition of Hopkins. We just can't invest this much in one position when it's going to hurt us elsewhere.

I think in a perfect world, one where we're like, going to the Super Bowl and somehow have become the league's #1 offense, there's only enough balls to get Lamb up to 500 yards or so, barring major injury.

Nothing here says anything about Kirk being better. The most I could find was calling him a "serviceable #2." I'm just sick and tired of redrafting positions. We had 4 picks over 2 years at the position, and traded away a 2nd rounder and paid a guy a ton of money to be our #1. 16 other teams passed on Lamb, too. He was the 3rd WR off the board. He was never realistically an option where we picked.