Who do we draft now at #8?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Futures or player. If you want something bad enough it can be done.

The #1 Achilles heal of the defense last year & a problem since DWeed flew to marijuana heaven.

Not saying it’s gonna happen, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did. Steve Keim has to start winning football games, this year!!! His future with Big Red depends on it & he knows it.

we just got a rookie QB and head coach last year. He ain’t going anywhere

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
Trading up? That’s hilarious! I almost fell out of my chair. Stay at 8 if 2 people are there or trade out to 11-17 for a second or early 3rd. It’s gotta be defense or wr. If the big 2 on defense don’t trade out. Cb or dl. Seriously people I think a wide receiver goes top 7 before us. Everyone is saying it’s a great draft for wr’s but someone’s going to jump the gun knowing we want one. You heard it here first.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Trading up? That’s hilarious! I almost fell out of my chair. Stay at 8 if 2 people are there or trade out to 11-17 for a second or early 3rd. It’s gotta be defense or wr. If the big 2 on defense don’t trade out. Cb or dl. Seriously people I think a wide receiver goes top 7 before us. Everyone is saying it’s a great draft for wr’s but someone’s going to jump the gun knowing we want one. You heard it here first.
I Agree.

This draft is full of blue chip players. 3 QBs and Young are gone. If Brown, Simmons and Okudah are gone, that means all OTs are there and all WRs are there at #8.

Stay put and let the draft come to you

Dante

All Star
Reaction score

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The 2020 NFL mock draft database

Here at SB Nation, we’re rounding up mock drafts from all over the internet, chewing them up, and spitting out the most popular results for each team. In a survey of 49 mock drafts, these are the results (this will be continually updated ahead of the draft):

1. Cincinnati Bengals
2. Washington
3. Detroit Lions
  • Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah (53.1%)
  • Trade down (26.5%)
  • Ohio State Edge Chase Young (12.2%)
4. New York Giants
5. Miami Dolphins
  • Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa (44.9%)
  • Oregon QB Justin Herbert (26.5%)
  • Trade up (16.3%)
6. Los Angeles Chargers
  • Oregon QB Justin Herbert (46.9%)
  • Trade up (22.4%)
  • Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa (10.2%)
7. Carolina Panthers
  • Auburn DT Derrick Brown (36.7%)
  • Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons (32.7%)
  • Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah (12.2%)
8. Arizona Cardinals
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/3/21206184/nfl-draft-2020-mock-database

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
i have a really hard time seeing the NYG taking anything other than a OT or maybeeeeee a WR

the rationale being that Dave Gettleman's job is about Daniel Jones succeeding.

I think of the teams in the top 5 the NYG are probably the most likely to trade down.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i have a really hard time seeing the NYG taking anything other than a OT or maybeeeeee a WR

And Jones does not have the requisite agility to thrive without an above average line.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

not only Jones but Barkley to. A legit offensive lineman would help both

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Miami wants Tua, and that's no longer a sure thing as Hebert is now being called a possibility, Detroit could drop back two spots and still get a replacement (Okudah) for Slay.

As for the Giants, I have to laugh at the posters who say that they will go for a RT at #4, while saying that the Cardinals can't waste a Top Ten pick on a RT.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If Miami wants Tua, and that's no longer a sure thing as Hebert is now being called a possibility, Detroit could drop back two spots and still get a replacement (Okudah) for Slay.

As for the Giants, I have to laugh at the posters who say that they will go for a RT at #4, while saying that the Cardinals can't waste a Top Ten pick on a RT.

Odds on favorite for Giants pick: Andrew Thomas (LT) or Isaiah Simmons (+Jedrick Wills if they feel he can play LT)

They want to move Solder to RT, so to your point...no strictly RT's for them.

Surprise pick for Giants - K'Lavon Chaisson. They want/need a pass rusher big time. (Becton could also be there...think Daniel Jones pick).

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
TheCardFan, thanks. Somehow, Chaisson reminds me of the Clemson guy (Ferrell?) drafted very high, last year. And for that reason I hope we don't draft him. But if he turns out to be another Mack, I'll quit my job as a SK advisor.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who do we draft?

My order of preference:

- Simmons
- Okudah
- Brown
- Lamb
- Wills
- Wirf
- Thomas
- Kinlaw
- Jeudy

And I won't spend 30 seconds "bitchin'" after the Cards make their call.