Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Buster Olney
@Buster_ESPN

·
7m

Crane says that he doesn't think the sign-stealing impacted the game. "We won the World Series and we'll leave it at that."
Why would the players have done it, if it had no impact? And if it had no impact, what are they apologizing for?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just my opinion but all this pitchers claiming to retaliate or whatever is no less *******. Beanballs can actually kill people. Those pitchers should be making 100% certain their own houses are in order instead of whining about the Astros.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This video was made months before the scandal broke.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It is hard to make me respect anything about the Yankees... but man, they clearly knew the Astros were pulling some sort of shinnanigans. Not only running an elaborate sign system with no one on base but then adjusting it during at bats?! They clearly knew the Astros were cheating. I don't blame them for not calling the Astros out, because it would make them look like babies, but man... that title in 2017 deserves an asterisk and I have a hard time believing that they didn't stop cheating until they got caught.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
HOU is thanking their lucky stars for CV I bet. It would give them a year for baseball fans and opposing teams to cool off.
C'mon, hey. Thanking their lucky stars for coronavirus?!? For the sake of baseball?

Even they aren't that depraved.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
C'mon, hey. Thanking their lucky stars for coronavirus?!? For the sake of baseball?

Even they aren't that depraved.
The player's kids were getting bullied and they were going to get headhunted all year. Plus, we may never know but some of these guys probably got death threats. All that can break a person mentally so yeah if not CV then I'm sure they would welcome any extended break from baseball to let this cool down.