Dline question

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If we drafted Brown, would Brown and Phillips play outside, with Peters inside at NT?

Yes please...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If we drafted Brown, would Brown and Phillips play outside, with Peters inside at NT?

Yes please...
I would think so, although there was the one thread earlier that had Phillips at NT. At that size, I think all three would be interchangeable. It sounds fantastic to have that kind of size up front in this division.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That would be my guess, but at that point they would be pretty interchangeable along the line. All of those guys are capable of playing NT or DE in a 3/4.

I think adding Phillips to Peters is already going to have a big impact on the defense as a whole...and adding Brown or even Kinlaw could increase it that much more. I am a big Zach Allen fan, so I'm hoping that he is going to become a long term starter...but you need a stable of good defensive linemand and Peters is only under contract 1 more year and wont play forever.

Adding Brown would give us IMO an above average NFL D-Lineman at the very least. I do not think he is going to be Aaron Donald or Chris Jones, but I don't think he is going to be a bust either. In terms of impacting a game from the defensive side of the ball, I go Young, Simmons, Okudah, and Brown....so as long as we don't pass on one of those three I would be fine with taking him as a building block for the future.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I would think so, although there was the one thread earlier that had Phillips at NT. At that size, I think all three would be interchangeable. It sounds fantastic to have that kind of size up front in this division.
It would allow us to bring Zack Allen off the bench. Good starters with depth

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It would allow us to bring Zack Allen off the bench. Good starters with depth
Yeah, it'd be great to take someone a little smaller and have him in on passing downs, bringing what is said to be a really high motor. 2021 could see Allen-Brown-Phillips if Peters moves on, too.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think Brown is a natural NT but we can get creative. Phillips is a wild card. I do like the idea of Peters being fresher with less reps/responsibility should we draft Brown.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
Brown is ranked so highly because he is so strong and so disruptive. It's not always about the sack count. Bucky Brooks says Brown reminds him of how strong and disruptive Reggie White was (and he played with White). If Brown could be 9/10ths of a Reggie SOMEDAY, it would suck to pass him up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brown played most of his snaps at Auburn as a Nose tackle. It's far from automatic that he's going to be some great pass rushing 3 tech.

Considering he's never topped 4.5 sacks and his poor combine it's much more likely Brown is a good run stuffing DT in the league.

I think Kinlaw has more upside as a pass rusher.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Brown played most of his snaps at Auburn as a Nose tackle. It's far from automatic that he's going to be some great pass rushing 3 tech.

Considering he's never topped 4.5 sacks and his poor combine it's much more likely Brown is a good run stuffing DT in the league.

I think Kinlaw has more upside as a pass rusher.
and I would disagree. 31.5 tackles for loss to go with 11.5 sacks over the past years vs 17 and 10 for Kinlaw would be how I support that disagreement. Also, one dude has been the dude that teams scheme against for two full off-seasons while the other has not.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and I would disagree. 31.5 tackles for loss to go with 11.5 sacks over the past years vs 17 and 10 for Kinlaw would be how I support that disagreement. Also, one dude has been the dude that teams scheme against for two full off-seasons while the other has not.

Kinlaw was the only talent on his D line. He got double and triple teams all the time which is why his stats aren't the same. Brown never had that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kinlaw was the only talent on his D line. He got double and triple teams all the time which is why his stats aren't the same. Brown never had that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
There are similar vids on this board with Derrick Brown facing the same thing. Facts are that Brown has produced significantly more negative plays than Kinlaw over the past three season.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
This might be an Unpopular Opinion, but I think that DL might be a more pressing need for the Cardinals than OL is.

I'm also not sold on any of the defensive FAs that were signed either...time will tell, I suppose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr