OT: Greatest Offense of All Time

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Having a debate with my roommate about the greatest offense of all time. My vote is for the Greatest Show on Turf. He says the 2013 Broncos offense is the best. I’ve heard people say the 07 Pats had the best. Seen the 98 Vikes get some mention too. What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Steve Young’s 49ers team that won it all.

That Niner team was something special, and that initial Warner led Ram team was nothing to dismiss. It all gets complicated because you then judge by the end result which is a championship, meaning that goes also towards the defense and the whole construction which makes a team in a team sport. I am not saying they are close to the first aforementioned squads above but those Coryell Cardinal teams and to an extent '80s Lomax teams could score too. Then you have to consider all those teams were restricted by a different form of football that say the current Chief champs never had to deal with

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greatest show on Turf.

Hall of Famers at
WR Holt, Bruce
QB Warner
OL Pace
RB Faulk

when you go back and look at it it’s so just insane

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Greatest Show on Turf
Warren Moon & the Oilers
That Niners team is great also.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give it to the 84 Dolphins. They held the record for 16 years in a time when you could mug a receiver.

Marino throwing 5000 yards in that time frame.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comparison of other teams in their era. For reference the PI rule was changed in 1996

84 Dolphins - 570 yards better than the next team. +21 TDs better than the next team
2000 Rams - 521 yards better than the next team. +14 TDs better than the next team
1998 Vikings - 172 yards better than the next team +0 TDs better than the next team
2007 Patriots 397 yards better than the next team. +17 TDs better than the next team

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love Kurt Warner, but the 1999 Rams went 13-3 and didn’t defeat any teams in the regular season with a winning record, IIRC, had one high-scoring playoff game, one where they scored 11 points, and a 23-point output in the SB which earned them a win by a literal yard. Not the greatest offense ever, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Greatest show on Turf.

Hall of Famers at
WR Holt, Bruce
QB Warner
OL Pace
RB Faulk

when you go back and look at it it’s so just insane
Holt isn’t in :mrgreen:

Btw that ‘98 Vikes team has 4 in the HOF as well counting John Randle.

Hard to argue either team imo.

I’m personally going with the Vikes because they probably had the greatest deep threat (Moss) in NFL history that scared the hell out of defenses & he could still beat you for a 70 yarder. I’d take CC, Moss & Reed over Holt, Bruce & Hakeem any day. In fact CC & Moss are probably top 10 greatest WRs EVER. 3 of those players are on the 100th all time time.

My top 5:
1) 98 Vikes
2) 99 Lambs
3) 2018 Chiefs
4) 2013 Donkeys
5) 2007 Cheatriots

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m personally going with the Vikes because they probably had the greatest deep threat (Moss) in NFL history that scared the hell out of defenses & he could still beat you for a 70 yarder. I’d take CC, Moss & Reed over Holt, Bruce & Hakeem any day. In fact CC & Moss are probably top 10 greatest WRs EVER. 3 of those players are on the 100th all time time.

My top 5:
1) 98 Vikes
2) 99 Lambs
3) 2018 Chiefs
4) 2013 Donkeys
5) 2007 Cheatriots

I’d rank those Vikings #2 just for the fact they didn’t win it all. Plus Faulk was the ultimate duel threat out of the backfield.

god I remember Moss rookie year never seen anything like him before or since

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’d rank those Vikings #2 just for the fact they didn’t win it all. Plus Faulk was the ultimate duel threat out of the backfield.
Your right, but I’m not punishing them in the rankings because Anderson missed 1 kick all season that kept them from winning the SB. The Vikes would’ve destroyed Denver imo.

oh well that’s why it’s an opinion.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ill take the 2019 Chiefs based off the talent qb, versatile running backs, top 2 tight end in Kelce and speed speed and more speed at wr.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Best I ever witnessed in terms of dominance would be the 98 Vikings with the GSOT a close 2nd. Next would be the 16-0 Pats and the Peyton Manning Donks.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

My top 5:
1) 98 Vikes
2) 99 Lambs
3) 2018 Chiefs
4) 2013 Donkeys
5) 2007 Cheatriots

Vikings team had 7 offensive pro bowlers!

Rams had 4 by comparison.