I just can't play these mock simulations anymore

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I want Wills or Wirfs but then freaking Okudah shows up and I just can't not pick him because the value for his position is too great but then the rest of my draft feels like I cannot fill any holes properly. Then freaking Simmons shows up and I just can't resist picking this athletic freak, though I have no idea where to place him in a defense with a DC I am on the fence. Then Brown shows up who I have since cooled on but then say I am letting all the pre draft hype get to me and why am I not sticking to my imaginative board. Then I keep flip flopping between Wirfs and Wills with that freaking big arse elephant Becton in the room with Thomas in the hallway being the one that might got away. Glad I am not Keim and happy I am not paying extra to play the game of what if I trade back... then I have those three WRs saying I should be sexy selecting lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want Wills or Wirfs but then freaking Okudah shows up and I just can't not pick him because the value for his position is too great but then the rest of my draft feels like I cannot fill any holes properly. Then freaking Simmons shows up and I just can't resist picking this athletic freak, though I have no idea where to place him in a defense with a DC I am on the fence. Then Brown shows up who I have since cooled on but then say I am letting all the pre draft hype get to me and why am I not sticking to my imaginative board. Then I keep flip flopping between Wirfs and Wills with that freaking big arse elephant Becton in the room with Thomas in the hallway being the one that might got away. Glad I am not Keim and happy I am not paying extra to play the game of what if I trade back... then I have those three WRs saying I should be sexy selecting lol

Why let that throw you off? There is no way in hell Okudah is there at 8 its just not going to happen. Bank on it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I want Wills or Wirfs but then freaking Okudah shows up

yes

the first time that happened I took him

but now, I just roll my eyes, take someone who I think will be there -- like Wirfs or Wills --and move on

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Okudah could fall to 8 but not likely. Stranger things have happened.
3 QBs, possibly 4
Young
Simmons
A team likes Brown or an OT better and he’s there.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Why let that throw you off? There is no way in hell Okudah is there at 8 its just not going to happen. Bank on it.

I am saying the same thing, there are too many freaking teams in front which would pass up on this guy but then there is the slight chance, minimal chance that Detroit who just got rid of Slade trades out of the slot for a QB hungry team and bam, he's there beyond belief... just hope Keim does not go full moron mode and passes on him then or worse trades out

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that if Okudah or Simmons is there, you take them over any tackle. Now, the RT is just important as the LT because teams move their pass rushers all over the damn place but you have to go those two guys simply because they are the best of the best of the positions past QB

football karma

Reaction score
Okudah could fall to 8 but not likely. Stranger things have happened.

What would have to happen for Okudah to drop to #8?

DET goes in a diff direction - Simmons.

NYG-OT
MIA-Tua
LAC goes OT

CAR takes the third QB

football karma

Reaction score
What would have to happen for Okudah to drop to #8?

DET goes in a diff direction - Simmons.

NYG-OT
MIA-Tua
LAC goes OT

CAR takes the third QB

Simmons drops by swapping Okudah in at Det

based on need / depth chart-- each of those picks by the teams above the Cards aren't out of bounds

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score

The simulator at Fanspeak is too spastic IMO. I've skipped Okudah, knowing he won't be there and then seen the 10 or 11 team pick Henderson while Okudah is STILL there!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm torn also. Some don't like a WR being drafted at #8 but what if we pass on Jeudy & Lamb, then they turn out to be all world? As far as the OL'men go, I want Andrew Thomas, that dude is a monster in size & a punishing run blocker, doesn't give up sacks, has played both OT positions in college at Georgia. Okudah...............we can forget about him, he will be gone in the first 3 picks. Simmons..............he can be used to backup Campbell & Hicks, also like a hybrid/LB/safety in certain packages spying the TE. Could also use him as a backup to Jones & Kennard rushing the passer. Dude isn't a ferocious hitter but he gets his guy to the ground. He also runs a 4.3 fourty. Keim has some players to think about, I hope he doesn't screw up? I'm behind whoever we pick though. There's gonna be some good players available at #8 or still after a small trade down.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that if Okudah or Simmons is there, you take them over any tackle. Now, the RT is just important as the LT because teams move their pass rushers all over the damn place but you have to go those two guys simply because they are the best of the best of the positions past QB

You take a tackle over Simmons, but not a CB.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
fairly content with this virtual mock

8. Derrick Brown, DL
72. Lucas Niang, OT
114. Zack Moss, RB
131. Shane Lemieux, IOL
202. Lamar Jackson, CB
222. Dalton Keene, TE

WhyAlwaysMe