Cardinals trade up from 8 to 4

Cards Trade 2020 R1.8, plus Future R1, picks for Giants R.4 pick to take LB Isaiah Simmons

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
After Detroit takes CB Jeff Ocudah with the 3rd pick, Cardinals make a move to acquire Isaiah Simmons by giving the Giants their #8 pick this year along with a choice of their R1 pick in either the 2021 or 2022 draft to be decided by the Giants by the time of next year's draft.

An April Fools Poll.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
No way im giving a future first for a S/ILB no matter how athletic he is

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only way you do it is if Young is there #4 somehow...and if he is the Giants will be getting calls from around the league.

Young is a potential All-Pro pass rusher, which are some of the most important and most expensive players in the NFL. If you could get him on a 5 year rookie deal and pair him with Jones...and then eventually replace Jones...then you should consider it. Just like have KM on a cheap contract helps the offense, getting Young on a cheap contract helps you bring in more complimentary talent and go "all in".

If you were able to trade #8, our 3rd, and next years 2nd for #4 and we got Young...I would be ok with a bold move like that. I wouldn't do it for any other player in the draft.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After Detroit takes CB Jeff Ocudah with the 3rd pick, Cardinals make a move to acquire Isaiah Simmons by giving the Giants their #8 pick this year along with a choice of their R1 pick in either the 2021 or 2022 draft to be decided by the Giants by the time of next year's draft.

An April Fools Poll.
I actually read your whole comment, I saw the "April Fools Poll" lol. Looks like others didn't see it or they just felt like commenting anyway.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
April's Fool Day needs to be permanently cancelled. Who in Hell started it anyway.

Where does April fools' day come from?
The origin of April Fools’ Day is unknown though some historians believe that the custom began in France. When France adopted the Georgian calendar in 1564, it changed its New Year date from April 1 to January 1.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The funny thing about this poll, someday we may come back to it and wish we would have done it.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I stand by my post. If you could trade up for Young you should at least explore it. He is as good of a pass rushing prospect as there has been in a decade.

I would say the same thing about Burrow if we needed a QB. You have to at least ask what kind of deal would be needed. You can decide the price is too high to land one of those players, but not even inquiring is just neglectful.

You better believe the Dolphins and Chargers are asking what it would take to get to #1 or #2 to take their preferred QB.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the moment for sure. According to Gambo they wanted Josh Allen though.

so I don’t understand what you want. You just criticized the GM for moving up to draft Rosen,we gave up a 3rd and 5th it was a steal of a trade for us. Couple post later you say it was the right move to make.

you criticize not moving up for Watson or Mahomes and then bring up him wanting Josh Allen. You don’t know they didn’t make phone calls. It takes two teams to make a trade.

I hate this made up BS. Well uh uh we didn’t draft Tom Brady either Cardinals suck

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the moment for sure. According to Gambo they wanted Josh Allen though.

so I don’t understand what you want. You just criticized the GM for moving up to draft Rosen,we gave up a 3rd and 5th it was a steal of a trade for us. Couple post later you say it was the right move to make.

you criticize not moving up for Watson or Mahomes and then bring up him wanting Josh Allen. You don’t know they didn’t make phone calls. It takes two teams to make a trade.

I hate this made up BS. Well uh uh we didn’t draft Tom Brady either Cardinals suck

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only way you do it is if Young is there #4 somehow...and if he is the Giants will be getting calls from around the league.

Young is a potential All-Pro pass rusher, which are some of the most important and most expensive players in the NFL. If you could get him on a 5 year rookie deal and pair him with Jones...and then eventually replace Jones...then you should consider it. Just like have KM on a cheap contract helps the offense, getting Young on a cheap contract helps you bring in more complimentary talent and go "all in".

If you were able to trade #8, our 3rd, and next years 2nd for #4 and we got Young...I would be ok with a bold move like that. I wouldn't do it for any other player in the draft.

that’s a steep price considering we don’t have a 2nd but when you look at it. You traded 4 rookies for DeAndre Hopkins and the best pass rushing prospect to come out in years in a Chase Young. I would do it.

3 most important positions in football QB, LT, Pass rusher and you’d be set big time at QB and getting after the other teams QB.

we’ve made solid editions to our defense but could you imagine Jones and Young coming off the edges. You can transform your defense

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

What is so hard to understand? Neither move (or non move) worked out. Trading up for Rosen was good value and we all supported it at the time but Josh Rosen isn’t our franchise QB. Keim’s saving grace is the QB he traded up for, the QB he signed and the coach he hired were so bad it led us to our current situation that looks much brighter.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is so hard to understand? Neither move (or non move) worked out. Trading up for Rosen was good value and we all supported it at the time but Josh Rosen isn’t our franchise QB. Keim’s saving grace is the QB he traded up for, the QB he signed and the coach he hired were so bad it led us to our current situation that looks much brighter.

idk maybe I live in the real world and not a fantasy world where I expect every single decision ever made to work out.

I don’t care how you get there as long as you get there and it looks like we’re in a pretty good spot

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
idk maybe I live in the real world and not a fantasy world where I expect every single decision ever made to work out.

I don’t care how you get there as long as you get there and it looks like we’re in a pretty good spot

Keim deserves criticism for the last few years but he should also get credit for what looks to be a turnaround trajectory. Time will tell.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim deserves criticism for the last few years but he should also get credit for what looks to be a turnaround trajectory. Time will tell.

but we are clearly going in a different direction and by all accounts that looks to be the right direction. So how long you going to keep bringing up stuff from years ago? It’s like a scorned GF.

I swear to god if this team ever wins a championship there will be guys here who complain.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
but we are clearly going in a different direction and by all accounts that looks to be the right direction. So how long you going to keep bringing up stuff from years ago? It’s like a scorned GF.

I swear to god if this team ever wins a championship there will be guys here who complain.
I don't spend a lot of time complaining in the current state, but eventually these moves have to turn into wins. There's been one constant for the past five years, and it's yet to be seen if we have the coaching staff in place to take advantage of what seems to be improved talent.

Part of my frustration with Keim is that this franchise hasn't had a fresh direction in the front office since Bob Ferguson came aboard. Everything has been an internal hire, which would be fine if we were a winning team, but we're not.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

They will complain when they wake up and realize it was only a dream.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave