Don't we need to draft a RB ?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
What is Drakes future with us? Sounds like we might only have him for a year? Either way, shouldnt we draft a Akers or Moss to go along with Drake and get some experience to be able to take over at RB in 2021? How about Gurley for those 1st and goal at the 2.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Good question. Drake might be willing to take a bet-on-himself deal right now. I haven't heard any rumors of him getting interest from another team, and the RB market is pretty flooded.

I think drafting a guy is smart, but without a second now, we might not be as flexible in the third.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is Drakes future with us? Sounds like we might only have him for a year? Either way, shouldnt we draft a Akers or Moss to go along with Drake and get some experience to be able to take over at RB in 2021? How about Gurley for those 1st and goal at the 2.

what's wrong with Edmonds? Sure it wasn’t a large sample size but he definitely showed he can play in this league and do it successfully… I don’t think running back is the massive need you’re making it out to be…

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Sound plan. Although we could get a complimentary RB like DeAndre Washington or Chris Thompson on a cheap deal and pick a RB very late or UDFA. As Drake has shown he can beast in this offense, considering his age and his low touches over the years, I wouldn't be mad if we threw a 3/18 or 2/14 deal his way.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Draft CEH in the fourth. Do it!
Love him! Perfect fit as well. Although he is a 2nd round pick all day long with how RBs are used these days. CEH despite his size is so tough to bring down in open space, elite wiggle and contact balance. Best hands of any RB in the draft. CEH in the 3rd would be a steal. 4th won't happen.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love him! Perfect fit as well. Although he is a 2nd round pick all day long with how RBs are used these days. CEH despite his size is so tough to bring down in open space, elite wiggle and contact balance. Best hands of any RB in the draft. CEH in the 3rd would be a steal. 4th won't happen.
Imo He will be the best running back to coming back to come out of this draft.

TopGun

Registered
Reaction score
ESPN's Josh Weinfuss reports the Cardinals have been doing their "due diligence" on Utah RB Zack Moss.

Moss had a rough Combine but is known for his physicality and tackle-breaking. In theory, he would be a nice complement to the more explosive Kenyan Drake. Moss is also a competent pass catcher. Despite his shaky Combine, Moss has a good chance at coming off the board on Day 2.

RELATED:

Arizona Cardinals

SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter

Mar 31, 2020, 3:51 PM ET

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
To answer the original question......

NOPE!!!!

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't know where I heard or read this, but someone said/wrote that because of the absence of Pro Days, more than the usual number of guys will slip through the cracks and be available in the late rounds and as UDFA's. Makes sense to me.