Tiger King (Netflix)

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I highly recommend this documentary. There are 7 episodes and I was so hooked I watched all the episodes today. Since we are stuck indoors, this documentary is perfect to get through the day. I won't spoil anything but this documentary is so crazy and unbelievable, you think you are in the Twilight Zone. :)

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching this? It is currently the number one show in America on Netflix. We started watching because it was on the "home page" of Netflix.

Oh my goodness these big cat people are cray. Not sure if I would watch this if we weren't self-isolating ... actually, yeah I would. It's a poo show and I can't look away.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone watching this? It is currently the number one show in America on Netflix. We started watching because it was on the "home page" of Netflix.

Oh my goodness these big cat people are cray. Not sure if I would watch this if we weren't self-isolating ... actually, yeah I would. It's a **** show and I can't look away.

lol. So I’m in the same situation stuck at home and my wife puts this on and it’s just jaw dropping.

so many things going on here. I won’t give anything away but I laughed so hard at the “well how straight are ya” thing.

I’m now photoshopping my friends faces on to these people’s bodies for fun. This is my life now

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a picture of Joe Exotic's husband - he has new teeth!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hillbilly central! Mildly entertaining... but not as great as the hype imo. Halfway through episode 5

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started this on a whim Friday. Watched straight through but fell asleep on the last episode and immediately finished the series when I woke up Saturday.

Remarkable series.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take on the whole thing is that Joe Exotic definitely belongs in prison, but so do a lot of others around him and in the same business. Joe didn't get screwed.

As for Carol (I think that's her name) she might well have killed her husband, but I felt like the producers intentionally kept it that way. For one, they never showed her responding as to why she immediately retrieved her missing husband's will and papers. It looked very suspicious, but it could have been simply keeping stuff away from his ex and their family. There was a clear issue of money with them.

All in all, it was a slow motion passenger train wreck.... you just can't seem to look away. Put simply, it's a show about a bunch of scum buckets doing what they do best...... be scummy.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take on the whole thing is that Joe Exotic definitely belongs in prison, but so do a lot of others around him and in the same business. Joe didn't get screwed.

As for Carol (I think that's her name) she might well have killed her husband, but I felt like the producers intentionally kept it that way. For one, they never showed her responding as to why she immediately retrieved her missing husband's will and papers. It looked very suspicious, but it could have been simply keeping stuff away from his ex and their family. There was a clear issue of money with them.

All in all, it was a slow motion passenger train wreck.... you just can't seem to look away. Put simply, it's a show about a bunch of scum buckets doing what they do best...... be scummy.

the mere fact that this is the #1 show in the country on Netflix to me shows how low society has become. Lol

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Interesting....

Florida sheriff seeking tips in 'Tiger King' mystery
Source: AP

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — It might be the biggest diversion from the pandemic: binge-watching the luridly fascinating Netflix documentary “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness.”

Now a Florida sheriff is asking the public for tips regarding one of the lingering mysteries raised in the recently released show: What happened to Carole Baskin’s husband?

For those who aren’t up to speed, here’s a primer: Carole Baskin is the owner of Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Florida. Tiger King, the documentary, is about Joseph Maldonado-Passage, also known as “Joe Exotic,” a former Oklahoma zookeeper who loves guns, younger men, and big cats.

Earlier this year, he was sentenced to 22 years in prison for his role in a murder-for-hire plot. He was convicted of trying to hire someone to kill Baskin, who had tried to shut him down, accusing the Oklahoma zoo of abusing animals and selling big cat cubs.

https://apnews.com/ae3864fc3466c18e9b97dc06ffff07cb

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting....

Florida sheriff seeking tips in 'Tiger King' mystery
Source: AP

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — It might be the biggest diversion from the pandemic: binge-watching the luridly fascinating Netflix documentary “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness.”

Now a Florida sheriff is asking the public for tips regarding one of the lingering mysteries raised in the recently released show: What happened to Carole Baskin’s husband?

For those who aren’t up to speed, here’s a primer: Carole Baskin is the owner of Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Florida. Tiger King, the documentary, is about Joseph Maldonado-Passage, also known as “Joe Exotic,” a former Oklahoma zookeeper who loves guns, younger men, and big cats.

Earlier this year, he was sentenced to 22 years in prison for his role in a murder-for-hire plot. He was convicted of trying to hire someone to kill Baskin, who had tried to shut him down, accusing the Oklahoma zoo of abusing animals and selling big cat cubs.

https://apnews.com/ae3864fc3466c18e9b97dc06ffff07cb

Meh.... Sheriff basically bullied into reopening a 23 year old case that they had pretty well investigated before. Have at it and good luck. :shrug:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Honey boo boo on steroids

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Hillbilly central! Mildly entertaining... but not as great as the hype imo. Halfway through episode 5
My thoughts too. Started watching this morning because of all the hype. Not interesting enough for me to sit down and watch, but it burned up an hour pretty fast while I was on the bike trainer. I'm actually more interested to come back to this thread after I'm done with the series and read these spoilers and news links.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts too. Started watching this morning because of all the hype. Not interesting enough for me to sit down and watch, but it burned up an hour pretty fast while I was on the bike trainer. I'm actually more interested to come back to this thread after I'm done with the series and read these spoilers and news links.

You must be registered for see images attach

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this, @Lefty ! You were on this before the rest of the board caught up! Much like you, we watched all seven episodes straight through. Fell asleep for the last one but got up early and finished it off.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I do have confidence that it will get interesting, as it's a Netflix show and Netflix knows what they're doing with documentaries.

As a documentary, this is weak sauce. It's more of a typical "reality show." The only thing missing in it is one of the Kardashians.....

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, goody..... I'm sure it will be just chock full of scum, like the rest of the series.... :rolleyes:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New episode was basically "meh." Nothing new.... about a half dozen of the characters think Joe is a turd, think he belongs in jail and think Carole killed her husbznd.

No surprises.

Edit: They didn't interview Carole or her husband.

Last edited: