Updated Depth Chart / Team Needs

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Updated depth chart:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
What is interesting is that the most glaring hole when looking at this is Zach Allen. Derrick Brown looks like he fills the biggest and most immediate hole.

1 - Derrick Brown - DE/DT
3 - Jeremy Chinn - S
4 - Darrell Taylor - EDGE
4 - Quartney Davis - WR
6 - Evan Weaver - ILB
7 - Michael Warren II - RB

That makes the roster look a ton better. If you are trying to balance need with value, this is pretty decent start. Not the direction I would personally go, but I wouldn't hate it.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is interesting is that the most glaring hole when looking at this is Zach Allen. Derrick Brown looks like he fills the biggest and most immediate hole.

1 - Derrick Brown - DE/DT
3 - Jeremy Chinn - S
4 - Darrell Taylor - EDGE
4 - Quartney Davis - WR
6 - Evan Weaver - ILB
7 - Michael Warren II - RB

That makes the roster look a ton better. If you are trying to balance need with value, this is pretty decent start. Not the direction I would personally go, but I wouldn't hate it.

Allen is not a hole; he's a question mark.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's as much or more of a hole as Hakeem Butler, and people are clamoring for his replacement already... and he has a scary neck injury.

A hole suggests that he isn't available and there is no suggestion of that despite your description of his injury.

He's a question mark because we still don't know whether he can excel at this level of the game,

And if by people "clamouring" you mean someone like you banging on a keyboard... well, that and 2 bucks will buy a cup of java.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A hole suggests that he isn't available and there is no suggestion of that despite your description of his injury.

He's a question mark because we still don't know whether he can excel at this level of the game,

And if by people "clamouring" you mean someone like you banging on a keyboard... well, that and 2 bucks will buy a cup of java.
How else are people supposed to clamor? Go outside of the Cards practice facility and picket? We're not even allowed outside.

When a neck injury makes you miss 3/4ths of the season, it should be by definition, scary. They gave him 6 weeks to recover and he didn't.

A hole doesn't suggest he isn't available, it suggests a player is inadequate or unreliable to count on as a starter.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How else are people supposed to clamor? Go outside of the Cards practice facility and picket? We're not even allowed outside.

When a neck injury makes you miss 3/4ths of the season, it should be by definition, scary. They gave him 6 weeks to recover and he didn't.

A hole doesn't suggest he isn't available, it suggests a player is inadequate or unreliable to count on as a starter.

Who are these people "clamouring", is there a hashtag somewhere that I missed?

"Scary" is not a medical term.

A "hole" is a "void" and until the Cards take him off their depth chart, I'll stick with a question mark as to how he'll perform.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

A "hole" is a "void" and until the Cards take him off their depth chart, I'll stick with a question mark as to how he'll perform.
Look at all of the talk about drafting Lamb. If we draft Lamb, Butler has no place on this depth chart. He's interchangeable in terms of people clamoring to replace him with Johnson or Isabella.

I don't know what else you want out of me in terms of this injury piece. Seems like you're fighting just to fight. You don't like my negative takes, I get it. But there's zero reason to count on Allen, especially as a starter, and that's what I call a hole.

Call it whatever you want, he hasn't done a single thing to warrant passing on Derrick Brown if he falls to us.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look at all of the talk about drafting Lamb. If we draft Lamb, Butler has no place on this depth chart. He's interchangeable in terms of people clamoring to replace him with Johnson or Isabella.

I don't know what else you want out of me in terms of this injury piece. Seems like you're fighting just to fight. You don't like my negative takes, I get it. But there's zero reason to count on Allen, especially as a starter, and that's what I call a hole.

Call it whatever you want, he hasn't done a single thing to warrant passing on Derrick Brown if he falls to us.

Got it!

People clamouring is just your per usual hyperbole.

And where is the thread or posts saying we should pass on Brown because we have Allen?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Got it!

People clamouring is just your per usual hyperbole.

And where is the thread or posts saying we should pass on Brown because we have Allen?
You don't think the overall tone on this board right now is that we should draft Lamb or Ruggs? I'm not saying it's specifically about Butler, but adding one of those guys means Butler or otherwise is likely toast.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't think the overall tone on this board right now is that we should draft Lamb or Ruggs? I'm not saying it's specifically about Butler, but adding one of those guys means Butler or otherwise is likely toast.

And what does that have to do with Allen vs Brown?

If Lamb is the choice, Butler still has a training camp opportunity to be top 6 or 7 and make the team. If he can't beat out a Sherfield or Johnson, so be it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And what does that have to do with Allen vs Brown?

If Lamb is the choice, Butler still has a training camp opportunity to be top 6 or 7 and make the team. If he can't beat out a Sherfield or Johnson, so be it.
It doesn't, but your response to Chopper was basically saying Allen's not a hole, so don't consider Brown.

I'm not sure how else it's supposed to read. I'm not sure how Allen is not considered a hole but our WR situation is seemingly dire enough to take Lamb or another WR. In the list of holes on this team, WR comes in either last or second to last.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't, but your response to Chopper was basically saying Allen's not a hole, so don't consider Brown.

I'm not sure how else it's supposed to read. I'm not sure how Allen is not considered a hole but our WR situation is seemingly dire enough to take Lamb or another WR. In the list of holes on this team, WR comes in either last or second to last.

What a quantum stretch!

I say what I mean and mean what I say: Allen is a question mark as to how he'll adapt to the NFL; not a void!

If he was a "hole" as you say, he wouldn't be #1 on the depth chart.

If the Cards selected Brown, I'd have no issue.

"Dire" is not the reason for selecting Lamb at #8.

It's based, for many, on the assessment that he'd likely be BPA and a talent that fits into the longer-term (post-Fitz) plans.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What a quantum stretch!

I say what I mean and mean what I say: Allen is a question mark as to how he'll adapt to the NFL; not a void!

If he was a "hole" as you say, he wouldn't be #1 on the depth chart.

If the Cards selected Brown, I'd have no issue.

"Dire" is not the reason for selecting Lamb at #8.

It's based, for many, on the assessment that he'd likely be BPA and a talent that fits into the longer-term (post-Fitz) plans.
He's #1 by default, not because he's a surefire starter on an NFL team. That's why I call him a hole. If we had better or could afford better, he wouldn't be #1. Certainly Dogbe or the rest of the guys aren't unseating him - heck, Coley might even have a chance to in camp if things stay the same.

Anyways, BPA just doesn't matter if your guy can't see the field, and you continue to fail to protect your QB. For as many people who would be grumpy if Lamb was good somewhere else, I'm sure there's more that will be grumpy when Gilbert finds himself hurt again like most of his career, and Justin Murray stinks like most of his career.

Any of the RTs fit into the Cardinals long-term plans too. We'll have Gilbert, Murray, Sweezy all as free agents, and we have no idea what this team has at Center. We don't have young, highly drafted players to fill those roles, unlike WR.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hole, question mark, concern, upgradable....choose whatever word makes sense to you but the fact remains that counting on Allen to be a starter at DE based off of his rookie season and injury is not a great plan.

Good defenses typically have a group of lineman who they can rotate in to keep everyone fresh. Even if Allen turns out to be all that and more we still need to add more talent to the Dline, IMO.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The "D" side lists Trevon Coley (DT) but hasn't added J. Bullard (DE).

And Alford will be the RCB and Murphy the Nickel.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

So when Joe Walker was the starting ILB, that wasn't a hole?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No. Its was a below-average player attempting to fill a hole. A hole/void would be no ILB.
That would mean no team ever has a hole. Even when we only had 38 players under contract we still had a practice squad scrub level player on the depth chart, but there was no way we were going to roll with them as a starter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave